Upcoming Summit Input - Battleship Improvements

I like most of these changes. Ill try and make sure BS get talked about at the summit.

2 Likes

When is this summit scheduled, please ?

Correct, you may have misunderstood my meaning. I was indicating that Caldari mainline ships (T1/Navy) aren’t shield boost bonused, but resist bonused, as that is their flavor. I mentioned that the Hawk/Tengu/Golem were outliers and didn’t follow that same line of reasoning due to their specialized roles (Maruader/T3/Assault Frigate).

Seems unnecessary, also, you may lock out everyone from navy ships on initial availability of the skill. So newer players or alpha’s (who have limited SP already) would be locked out from things like firetails/slicers etc until they trained up that extra skill. Same for navy cruisers (nomens/nospreys) which are often used in small gang/solo situations.

If a 3rd bonus was applied to all navy hulls, perhaps something like a unique Navy Role bonus could be used, so its part of the ship, but not an extra skill.

Preferably though, i’d like mostly stat rebalances. CCP’s balances are much better when its just hard stats, rather than gimmicks.

Next week. Monday-Friday

Looks all good to me and I can only imagine what a headache the Navythron must have been to look at.
To be honest, I wouldn’t know what to change to make the Navythron differ from other blaster-ships that wouldn’t step on a Hyperion or regular Megathron.

Can we also acknowledge that our triglavian overlords and ship are so op that the other ships became very sad and depressed in the hangar bays.

Listening to Jin’tan’s Youtube, I agree that battleships still need bigger cargo holds. I suggest that all battleships (a marauder and a black ops is not a battleship, they just look like one) should be able to carry 8 navy 3200 cap charges and the proper ammo.

Neutralizers are too strong and oppressive. They also need to be looked at.

What is a heavy missile? (And no, rapid jesus launchers do not count !!!)

Haw guns should be deleted.

1 Like

Thanks !

I feel the gap between Cruiser, Battlecruiser and Battleship is not large enough and battleships need a larger base amount of EHP and a slight increase in the base damage and range of large weapons as well as base lock range. if the battleship is going to be as slow and cumbersome as it is then it should have some more staying power once it gets to the fight and should feel like a proper ship of the line again rather than getting similar if in some cases better results from Cruisers and Battlecruisers.

2 Likes

Reasonable proposals imo.

*trips walking and falls inside thread,painfully stands up…
…any info about battleships?

Waiting for it too ! :slight_smile:

While I understand that the summit notes need to be typed up, verified, and then scrubbed of any delicate information, why has the entire CSM gone silent in these forums about the summit in general? Note that several have been making tweets and comments to many venues outside of these forums, but in here, the silence is remenicent of many past CSMs A simple “hey, I brought up this thread at the summit, both the CSM and CCP had a good discussion, and following official approval I’ll get back in this thread to discuss with you what the general consensus was and where we move from there. At this time, I feel (optimistic/pessimestic) about this topic resolution.”
Can you hear me, Major Tom?

Oï everyone.
As you probably saw with that blue ping in the top right corner of your screen, the meeting minutes of the last CSM sessions have been released !

If I recall correctly, Battleships were to be talked in that session. I tried to read as much as I could before being cut by IRL activities, and I must say that I haven’t seen anyone discussing on the big subcapitals ._.

I’m not saying it was a forgotten subject, as I can’t tell if it was spoken about later on, but the titles of the following parts seems to not talk about ship balances after the third one on this category. So, how as it been ? Anything you can share is welcome :slight_smile:

I might have missed it since I have only read the minutes through once, but I didn’t see anything mentioned on the subject. @ExookiZ Any info,please?

Lore-wise:

As the Trigs invade & die more & more tech will be picked up.

And Navy Issues are Navy Issues when it comes to pap ships. A war with the Trigs is a way to improve Navy tech ( like with real wars ).

I agree with OP on the need for some Navy Love. Pirate Hulls are so good that, well, it’s about time that Navy caught up.

Pirate Rarety ( the drops ) is part of my view that Null needs Economic levers. If Null pumps out too much stuff then dial the spawns of said stuff back a bit ( you won’t stop the players ).

I do also think that the Bhaalgorn needs it’s damage bonus increased from 100% to about 120%. The Nightmare gets 150% after all.

Bumped because we are getting no response from ANY CSM member, even a simple “darn it, I forgot about that” or “we discussed the subject over drinks one night and I think they said they would look at it Soon.”

Perhaps they are still recovering from Hilmar’s AMA?

1 Like

What has been said in that AMA ? And yeah, that’s quite strange that it was even mentioned once in the minutes, and that none of them is answering here now. Maybe they’re busy after their trip to Iceland, but it ended a while ago.

Maybe it’s one of the subjects that was erased from the minutes, and that the non disclosure contract forbid them from talking about it ?

Well, depending on how accurate any second or third hand information is, the AMA appears to have been quite a trip into Hilmar’s mind and thought process. Ask anyone in the know about “raindancing”.

I guess no answer from the CSM on this subject is a form of a reply. Sigh.

I know this is probably a weird request,
but would it be possible to have one battleship with a smartbomb range bonus ?

Maybe even skillable?

This came to my mind because, when you want to buff battleships,
the “era of chaos” should also provide a buff to smartbomb discos.

I believe that we don’t have enough of this …

… and we don’t have any ships that provide a buff to smartbomb range at all.

Battleships are the obvious choice … and that’s why I ask.

1 Like

I also saw nothing when i ctrl+f’d for battleships. Looks like another year of nothing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.