UPDATE: Client Freeze Issues – MacOS 64-Bit Client

Agreed, the only was to close the launcher is to right click the icon in the dock/desktop and select quit. Closing the launcher via the “red dot” (pun ?) just hangs, similarly “EVE Launcher” select "Quit EVE launcher.

But as many have pointed out, seems CCP really don’t care about the Mac Client, pity as it is the main reason I chose the game in the first place. Oh wait, League Of Legends has a Mac Client…

1 Like

I cant see the change to 64 bit box anywhere, do you possible know where my problem is?

@ccp_falcon I’m 99% certain at this point the remaining client freezes occur when the client attempts to draw notification boxes. The ones which appear in the middle of the screen near damage read outs but that have a box around them.

There’s always a partially rendered one when I get a freeze.

An example would be the failure to salvage message. Frozen with this message on the screen a couple of times in the last few days.

1 Like

Would be cool to get some acknowledgement of whether this could be investigated as a cause. Every single freeze I have, now I’m paying attention to them, happens with one of those notification boxes on the screen.

this has worked for me with no real problems except visual ones but besides that th game runs perfectly

2 Likes

After today patch no station inside view

Thanks for tip. This helped me a lot from having to restart the clients.

Thank you.

I just upgraded to Catalina yesterday and I am getting client hangs every time I play. After a few minutes the UI freezes completely and uses > 100% CPU, while the audio continues to play. This happens even if I just remain docked in station.

Previously under Mojave, Eve was very stable for me. I did submit a ticket, but I am curious if this is a new issue that I am running into… anyone else having trouble under Catalina still?

Same issue with me. Game was 100% stable then after I updated to Catalina it now freezes randomly and I have to force close and re start the game

1 Like

I noticed today that if I resize the window (I play in windowed mode) when it gets stuck, this effectively unfreezes it, and I can carry on with the game. Not ideal, but a decent workaround.

So it seems that simply MOVING the window (without resizing it) is enough to unstick the game.

That worked for me as well! Much better than force closing the game and relogging. (I play windowed too)

I have been having lockup issues as well since the last OS X upgrade after years of relatively stable function. I notice it seems to happen when I’m spamming DCSAN. I have also noticed that resizing the window unfreezes the lock.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.