Update for the Noctis?

Like bot- mining, mission, incursion, market? No it is not. And since you may have your bot accounts, other might do things proper. But feel free to solo with yourself.

Maybe, I don’t know. We can’t search the old forums anymore, not even our own comments. This was the thread I saw and remembered, that’s why I linked it. But regardless of who come up with the idea first, I still think it’s a good concept.

1 Like

Aside from an MTU and a destroyer are infinitely more cost efficient than a Noctis, especially if you want to salvage in low or null, where it actually worth it.
The Noctis is expensive, slow and weak. It has a decent cargo hold, but that’s it.

Dior, thank them miners. They cried oceans that they are to stupid to produce something with the minerals they mine instead of selling it.

I got my Noctis when they were sold for 50m. There is no better boat than the Noctis to loot and salvage missions like Angel Extravaganza or Dread Pirate Scarlet.

The Ferengi from the Colonies made EVE this sale center thing. Spread lots of love to the miners.

^^ this i like.

1 Like

Its afk tractoring of the mtu that ruined the salvage game in the first place.

Solo with myself? What?

+1 Yeah, tractoring yellow wrecks at a distance would be fantastic for higgs rig Noctis fits.

allows for trolling mission runner. sounds nice!

1 Like

After years of deathly quiet in hisec, someone recently started trying to ninja in my area again. I shed a nostalgic tear and then nuked his ship.

3 Likes

I still get plenty of use out of my noctis when I’m running missions. I have a salvage alt follow my main around. In the time it takes to finish a mission I have the previous one salvaged. Mtu is slow, and takes up cargo space.

1 Like

Me too. But I have to go get it first.

I had a nice russian plebbh coming into my Blood Raider level 4 Blockade one and he started to collect MY STUFF. So I shoot the trigger first and let him be.

From that gibberish that followed in local, me thinks it was upset.

My guess is you could make more ISK by having the Noctis pilot reship into a combat ship and running the missions with two combat pilots and an MTU (no salvaging). Your thoughts?

Sometimes it’s not about the ISK, Your thoughts?

Using mtu’s when the site has multiple rooms means carrying a few and having little room in your cargo hold for said salvage, and they’re slow. I have tried the Destroyer and MTU route and Personally I find it a pain…

Saying that…I have used an MTU now and then, but only in null in a Haven or Sanctum where myself and my Alt are both in Sentry Domis, but I still go back in a Noctis to salvage and grab the loot.

There’s more than one guy like me who salvages for the rig components, not just the loot. I leave nothing behind :grin:

I agree that lots of things in Eve are not “all about the ISK”, but if we’re talking salvaging (and to a lesser degree, mission running) then I’m not doing it for the fun, so it’s got to be all about the ISK. So given the subject matter, I disagree. It is always about the ISK.

If you salvage for fun, good on ya!

On that note, yes and no. I do salvage my missions or if I can my DED complexes for the rig components. Since I have put several months now in researching them again, I make my own t1 rigs and sometimes even the t2 ones.

And since a lot of meta mods are actually useful now, it is not a bad idea to collect them for later use.

your probably right, but I find it easier this way.

Buff the noctis with speed, cargo, and double salv Chance. and nerf the MTU range or reduce build materials by half.

Well, you could always allow the Noctis a module similar to an auto-targeter that when active targets any available wrecks and containers, activates a tractor and then shuts it off when it’s within range to be interacted with, and dumps the cargo in your hold.

Now it’s a better MTU than an MTU, that can Salvage.

For best results also allow it to tractor illegal wrecks with a suspect flag, but don’t allow the auto-targeter to differentiate.

1 Like

Ever heard of the salvage rigs?