Update on HICs and Wormholes

its not a night out when you have to live in one and see it day after day.

2 Likes

marriage then? =P

1 Like

100% agree, that is a way cooler black hole and I would LOVE to see this in game.

A lot of the wormhole effects do not look very good at all tbh, I donā€™t think they have been updated since wormhole were implemented (in what, like 2008?).

Pulsars too, look at this majestic beast:

Versus the EVE pulsar:

Also, real wolf rayet from hubble:

versus random blob in the sky:

4 Likes

sometimes you forget quite how good Hubble is as a piece of scientific equipment. The images from it are always astounding.

3 Likes

so this means,ā€¦ we get a new visual effect right ccp? like when we activate the new hic module, has to bend space time, so we should see some cool colors and bendy ā– ā– ā– ā–  or something right?

1 Like

I needed a laugh ty

Of course not ! :no_mouth:

Yeah but I guess drawing new scenes may take much effort :roll_eyes: Maybe they will still concentrate on ship and structure stuff

they never concentrate on anything its always get something half done see something shiny and jump to that

1 Like

You just perfectly described Agile developmentā€¦

2 Likes

not the way they do it. agile development is one thing what ccp does is ADD development

ad-hoc, I think would b more accurate. look at the csm, and need look no further, for most of the motivations. bunch of scum imo. they arenā€™t worried about THE game, only THEIR game.

1 Like

Will the new module allow a HIC to collapse frigate sized wormholes?

As a small corp/solo player who lives in WH space something to remove these content killers will greatly reduce my Fallout 4 game-time nd Iā€™ve nearly finished all the DLC.

1 Like

Interesting question. There was some issue with the frigates wormholes wasnā€™t there?

I think frigate wormholes were thrown into the sandbox to see what would happen - the hope was they would encourage exploration - they just became content killers for anyone wanting to do the daily non-pvp related things of wormhole life.

Now if all frigate sized wormholes had a shattered at one end then they may become dangerous thunder dome type pvp arenas - another opportunity missed

1 Like

Another interesting correlation. Frigate wormholes leading to a shattered wormhole system. Is this something you think CCP has considered or will consider?

I like the idea. it would promote both pvp and pve and maybe lead the frigate holes away from most inhabited systems.

Living in J-space the only time we use a frigate hole is when they have the riches of a shattered on the other side.

If itā€™s just another connection, with enough players online we anchor bubbles and set watch. If too few players are on then we go off and do other things - I play fallout

1 Like

they are supposed to be that way. as part of a small gang WH corp this should not be changed. WH are too safe as it is. they are not content killers they are encouragement to roam outside your hole

Iā€™m not saying get rid of them just make them go somewhere useful.

Make all frigate holes start or end in a shattered system - that will multiply the connections available for your small ships - Isnā€™t that better for you?

and it would give us incentive not to go elsewhere but explore the shattered

1 Like

noā€¦ itā€™s not about connections for small ships. itā€™s about a near unrollable hole keeping you from locking down your system.

you then either have to deal with the risk or roam/farm another hole