Update on HICs and Wormholes

Like most EvE players we deal with high risk situations by avoiding them:
If the home system has a frigate hole - logoff or do something else until it de-spawns. Which is bad for eve because that something else may become more interesting than playing EvE.

However, We will explore/roam/farm a shattered system.
Going to a shattered does not stop it from being unrollable or allow us to lock down the system but it does give content that has a better risk to reward ratio.

1 Like

thst’s exactly why forcing the unavoidable is a good thing

most WH groups I come across do go out when things like this happen. only exception being the carebear corps that look to wh for safe sight running and that’s just not something the space should cater to more than it already does. not like i’m from some big group that uses these for hunting. just look at my corp KB we lost a Fort because a frig hole spawned less than an hour before the anchoring timer was done and it connected to HK

I don’t think forcing the unavoidable is good thing if it results in a logoff.

I don’t consider our group a 100% carebear corp but

• Frig hole to shattered risk to reward = worth it = logged on
  • Frig hole to C4 chain risk to reward = not worth it = logged off

that logic only holds if that frig hole was your only connection and it’s not. forcing uncomfortable situations is not strange for eve. HS decs are similar and there are just as many who hyperbolically claim they only result in a log off. I will say the same to you as I do them. if you are in a group that for what ever reason feels logging off is the better idea simply do to risk you need to find a better group

Logoff’s for wardec’s don’t really happen - small corps in high that get a wardec, everyone jumps to a NPC corp till its over.

also not true. most just go about there business its why those war decs were so common before the watchlist change

or just roll it with porpoise…

in what way does that at all solve the problem

4 is still a lot of mass and it doesn’t get very large just with a prop mod only about 54 vs the +130 of a hic

Wtf… why are the new hic modules being made worse than the current bubble? Everything from fitting to the lack of being able to heat

get what you asked for… module that does stuff that wasnt originally intended within the imagined game set.

Not what we asked for at all. ■■■■ i just asked for a script

One could perceive easily that wormholes may actually have been forgotten. This change was delivered to shake up null-security space quite clearly and any wormhole voices may have been lost to the abyss… We are small in number, and the null security voices could easily have drowned us out.

Hear Hear, One certainly cannot understand why anchoring of citadels was permitted inside wormhole space in the first place, it has definitely created a ‘safe’ space.

Just putting this out there, but unlike NS in Jspace there are actually small entities that rely on these mechanics too. So us getting up in arms over a change that would hurt our content generation considerably I think is justified, especially when you think back on all the changes that NS has cried over and the table flipping that insued.

HK and the like are there own thing, unlike in NS where everybody knows everybodies batphone number, a single entity does not represent the whole in Jspace.

I guess Fiend’s “Unaffected by Warp Disruption Field Generator mass & speed effects” bonus has died.
Is there no compensation?

As I have long suspected the collapse of the Eve Gate was just a CCP fix to game mechanics.

So basically, from Earth perspective, we are just people that get in to the hole and gets rolled without probes.

1 Like

I have serious doubt that this module will close any wormhole, frigate or not.

After checking out this abomination that came of keeping goons ratting space save from interference for the sake of goons, so goons can rat 30 hours a day, my initial findings should make everyone getting their torches and pitch-forks ready.

I took my favorite closing hic, the Phobos and removed the hic bubbles from the high slots and put that immobilizer module on there.
Low and behold, that thing immobilizes you or slows you down so much that the Phobos will need 500 years to travel the 12-15km from a spot in space close to the hole you came out of and back into your origin hole - wow that must be the latest council of goons for a better goon life joke.

Well, who doesn’t like to move at 0.4m/s? I do for one.

One fail after another fail, this is getting tiresome.

Yep - I can get 0.5m/s with abyssal AB

• Reduces ship velocity by 95%
  • Thrust bonus from Afterburners reduced by 90%
  • Higgs 1 - Velocity -75%

Back to plan A:
Laptop, Alpha Account, disposable industrial

I’ve an even better Idea - Can we remove all the effects from the “Zero-Point Mass Entangler” but if you have one in your inventory it allows you to open a 2nd client window with an alpha account.
(my laptop is slow)

you seem to have ignored all the other changes that people, probably like you, whined about to have changed…