Update on HICs and Wormholes

Breaking the rules?
A person isn’t allowed to run an alpha account and a Omega account at the same time. Even if it is a laptop.
Cheating can get you banned.

1 Like

I guess I wont be able to use plan A either .nd

Don’t be bad, use a bookmark to warp out and back on top of the WH.

Why would you have your modules on when flying back to the gate?

A) step 1, turn on all mass-reduction modules (ideally 4 total, letting you fit a probe launcher + cloak as well) in your WH on the critical hole you’re trying to close.
B) jump through while small.
C) assess situation during gatecloak (holecloak?)… when ready, tell your ship to jump back through the hole.
D) turn on 500MN MWD or 100MN AB.
E) wait

During steps C/D/E you are not traveling at super-slow speed. Only during step B are you super-slow in speed.*

*However, Higgs rig and plating will slow you down some. Just not as much as the mass-reduction high slot module will.

If you rig & plate an Onyx and fit 4 mass-reducers and the biggest prop you can fit.

• If you run everything you go through at 1 ton
  • If you run everything and turn off the mass-reducers on wh activation = 35mil
  • If you activate turn off the mass reducers and the prop on it’s still 35mill

The prop doesn’t add 100million, so you can’t roll the content killer frig-holes in 8 or 9 passes

I did step a to e many, many times and I was referring to after step B. If you don’t have a bookmark but are “close” to the hole, you may consider going back that way.

I consider everything below 5 km close enough. For anything else, you may need to wait for your ping.

My group uses Megas and hopes the last Mega crits on the way out and closes on the way in. After that, we have 3 or 4 people with threading Devoters and 1 person with a threading Onyx.

We’ve never tried to roll a frig hole, just… too much work. and they regen if you don’t kill them fast enough? we just post a cloaky on 'em to watch for traffic, or we send our own prospects and endurances through 'em to get gas and ice (if it’s shattered).

But as for normal holes… we’ve always burned back to gate. For one thing, the Megas and Devoters take well over 10 seconds to align for warp, so bouncing to a ping just seems… even more dangerous than burning back 10, 11, 12 km. When we think we might get jumped, we send as many ships at the same time as possible, including up to 6 total Megas for a C5 hole, 4 Megas for a C4 hole. And overheat 500MN MWD on way back to hole.

Think we’ve only lost 1 Mega in about 6 months of hole rolling. And no Devoters/Onyxes. I’ve personally been shot at in my Devoter by a Legion with missiles, barely scratched… and a Condor chose one of my 3 Megas to point and shoot at when we sent 6 through a potentially camped C5 hole and it didn’t even lower the shields from 100% to 99%. dat overheat 500MN MWD >>> higgs/plates slowdown.

1 Like

Up until I read about it this very thread, I had no idea that this was even possible. We usually just left them as is.

See, I’m not the only one and it’s not uncommon to do that.

That is fine I think. I believe we lost 2x Raven and one Mega in 2 years of w-space.

I was flying a corpmates Phobos which had a 100mn afterburner on, which still accelerated to 130-ish m/s even with a 1600mm plate and a higgs anchor rig on.

Now with all those mass reducing thingies, you can only reach like 60m/s and 0.6m/s with 6x running.

1 Like

Yep, but my main point re: that aspect was… personally, I’ve only turned the mass reducing thingies on when sitting still at a hole in our home hole about to jump out small (never in the static on the way back home, which is when you need to choose burn or warp)…

… OR while tethered to a citadel just screwing around and testing out the insta-align of it all. (which is worthless since you can’t get up to speed to warp with it it from what I can see, but fun to watch the ship spin out in space!) ;D

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.