Update on Security of the Empire

(Mizhara Del'thul) #282

I think you’ll find that support for striking at Khanid will be low on your side of the fence.

4 Likes
(Stitcher) #283

Am I alone in remembering that Else was going to take that thing down anyway, and the only reason it was even there on Saturday is that some pack of idiots, who shall remain nameless, decided to shoot it up and put it in reinforced mode?

Seems to me like at least half the fight could have been avoided.

6 Likes
(Arrendis) #284

In fact, you’re not!

1 Like
(Gaven Lok'ri) #285

Given that the citadel was not even unanchoring yet when we “shot it up,” the idea that it would not have been there on Saturday if we hadn’t gone through with planned operations to reinforce it the day before is total nonsense.

4 Likes
(Elsebeth Rhiannon) #286

Freedom’s Gate would have been unanchoring on Saturday if it had been possible. Not gone, though, because controlled dismantling takes a week, and that would not have been complete by that time.

The reinforcement delayed us by about 24-48 hours, not more.

1 Like
(Arrendis) #287

Though it should be noted that they did form up to attempt to RF the armor timer, so their intention was clearly to keep you there.

3 Likes
(Elsebeth Rhiannon) #288

That seems correct.

1 Like
(Gaven Lok'ri) #289

Given that the citadel was not yet being dismantled, If we had been successful at mustering enough force to break the EM defense for the armor timer, the final timer would not have been significantly later than the schedule they are on now.

And yes, we would rather have destroyed it than not.

4 Likes
(Elsebeth Rhiannon) #290

I expect no less.

But you did not approach me diplomatically to try and ensure a quick exit, and then try and stop me, either.

1 Like
(Arrendis) #291

I suppose it just strikes me as a little odd that, when called upon to remove hostile forces from Thebeka, you focused on delaying the departure of the one group that had said they’re leaving, while leaving—for example—the self-described Angel Cartel forces completely unmolested. If you were going to reinforce a citadel, I would’ve thought theirs would be the obvious choice.

3 Likes
(Gaven Lok'ri) #292

So, which citadel has actively been used to support destruction on the ground?

And why would we ever trust EM statements about their involvement being done?

Are you really expecting us to have gone “Oh, they are saying they plan on retreating, guess we call off all planned operations and just let them leave easily.”

Basically Angels are obnoxious pests, Electus Matari are The Enemy.

2 Likes
(Elsebeth Rhiannon) #293

Awww.

(Elsebeth Rhiannon) #294

For the record: there’s exactly once I have knowingly lied on the summits. (In response to Rodj Blake about who do I consider “the legal government” of the Minmatar Republic sometime after the events in Colelie. And even then, it is not a lie if you interpret that “you” as EM, not me personally.)

(Arrendis) #295

I suppose I expected you to focus your efforts in directions where there was no sign that you might get what you want without getting more of your crews killed. After all, if they didn’t begin withdrawing, you could always get those crew members killed later.

But, you know, actual concern for human lives in your care, right? What was I thinking?

1 Like
(Kalaratiri) #296

We’re leaving too actually. Apart from the wars that got billed for yesterday we won’t be renewing any of our wars further.

1 Like
(Arrendis) #297

Yes, I know, I’ve seen your cit unanchoring. But at the time when PIE and SFRIM reinforced the EM Astra, you hadn’t made any announcement of that. EM had.

(Aldrith Shutaq) #298

How many times do we have to say “we do not care about Kalaratiri” before you understand?

1 Like
(Aria Jenneth) #299

So much empty noise. As if we ever had any obligation to prioritize opponents like Kala over, or even equivalent to, actual enemies like EM, or to let those enemies withdraw unscathed.

Disingenuous. Disappointing.

3 Likes
(Arrendis) #300

Of course you don’t. After all, ‘get rid of the criminal element’ couldn’t mean those criminals. Those criminals are just fine. Sure, they’ve declared war on you, but why should you do the thing the Cardinal spelled out pretty clearly and shoot those people who declared war on you when you could shoot other people who’d already said they were leaving? Makes perfect sense, really.

You mean like opinions on strategic priorities being tossed about by someone who is proud to be nothing more than someone else’s tool? Thank you for prefacing your remarks with a description of them, though.

1 Like
(Jev North) #301

Well, more like opinions on strategic priorities being tossed around by the Winds-blown peanut gallery.