Update on Security of the Empire

I wonder if anyone whose political back you aren’t scratching is still listening to you, Arrendis.

I’ve … kind of stopped. I don’t really see myself resuming very soon, either. But who knows … I let things go so quickly. Maybe too quickly. Maybe this time I’ll remember why, despite how clever you are, discussing stuff with you is a waste of time and energy.

I wonder about those whose backs you are scratching, though. It seems like, if they really have a point that can withstand scrutiny …

… they shouldn’t need you.

I’m trying to think of one thing I’ve learned from you that you actually meant to teach. Considering how long I’ve known you, you’d think there’d be something.

I guess you did kind of teach me that “intelligent, thoughtful, and well-spoken,” and “interested in the truth” are different things.

I’m tired of this game of yours. Also bored. I’m not sure I’ve seen your real mind about anything in over a month, and your mask doesn’t interest me.

Now, then: go ahead. Say something clever.

I doubt I’ll bother reading it.

3 Likes

So, can’t respond to what’s being said, so instead turns to disparage who says it.

Disingenuous. Disappointing.

2 Likes

Sure.

1 Like

Dont worry Aria, I lke you

2 Likes

No, Aria, you never started. You just went through the motions for public consumption, like everything else.

But that’s fine. You do you, after all. Be well.

3 Likes

Ahaha … that’s kind of you to say, Mr. Ganowski.

I’m kind of okay, though. Times like these try friendships and test loyalties. It’s been interesting, seeing who’s ended up where, and why. Some of those strained or severed bonds might never recover. Some will be barred; I don’t think Samira will ever be a student of mine again.

Some … maybe shouldn’t.

Others are resilient. I don’t hold anything Kala or her compatriots did very much against them. I guess Else’s right, after all: in the end, I’m just like them. But I kind of knew that. It doesn’t change my mind on the question of where I belong.

Anyway, we’ll see what comes of it all, moving forward. It doesn’t look like this particular flame’s caught and spread, but of course the Deathglow’s still out there-- and a bajillion other threats as well. History’s got a lot of big, moving parts right now (I guess it’d have to given how many people there are!). It’s enough to make me wonder if there’s even any point in trying to plan for how things might develop. Maybe all we can do is build our resources and try to ride out whatever weirdness happens next.

Heh. One way or another, it’s an interesting time we’re living through.

2 Likes

Nope. There ain’t.

“Plans are always perfect until they encounter real life.” - Admiral Amari Tuuilo

1 Like

It’s okay Aldy-boo, I’ll still love you in the end

3 Likes

Worry not, our true empress, Jamyl the First, will save us.

I have some bad news for you…

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.