also allow the option to move the training que under the rest and fuse it with the character sheet. Maybe just allow a legacy version as this update was not needed at all, even to make it seem more futuristic by today’s standards. This is eve and eve will always look like eve and not some other game, change it back!
The new skill and character window ignores that my interface is set to small font size, its even bigger than when you set it to large.
Are you guys sure the persons responsible dont need glasses? I know how bad it can be without them.
the skill plan feature sucks.
The biggest things I want changed:
- minimizable portrait instead of minimize the sheet functions
- make these changes optional with a opt out button in settings
- remove the empty space and make it adjustable in the skills window
- seeing the total and current skillpoints of a skill with a simple hover
- seeing the cost of skills without having to half way buy them and get the notification. Some of these skills cost a TON. that is not something to risk.
I feel like these are simple things that should have been seen by qa. Even looking back at test server relies people were complaining about this stuff. Why did it go live like this? Its a good move forward, but there is a lot of polish that this update is lacking.
HATE the new changes to the interface. It provides LESS INFORMATION while taking up TWICE THE REAL ESTATE on screen. The interface should be EFFICIENT and provide as much information while taking up as little space as possible.
AND YES… PLEASE allow us to close the character portrait. I KNOW WHAT MY CHARACTER LOOKS LIKE. I DON’T HAVE TO SEE THE THING EVERY TIME I OPEN MY CHARACTER SHEET.
AND YES PUT BACK THE “TIME REMAINING TO TRAIN TO THE NEXT LEVEL” NEXT TO EACH SKILL IN THE CATALOG VIEW.
AND YES I AM YELLING AT YOU IN THE HOPES THAT YOU LISTEN.
The most obvious problem with the new skills interface, as stated by others, is that its design style is very different to the rest of the game. The new design style looks intended to be touch interface compatible, while most of the game is unplayable with a touch interface. Either make the whole game touch interface compatible or keep it efficient for K/M interface. Internally inconsistent style makes any game/program/website look amateur and lacking management.
In the skill catalogue there is nothing showing the time to train, or the cost of a skill book. Having to click blind to cost is bad.
You must be new here, it is what CCP has done for years…
CCP mode of operation, for the 13 years I have been playing. Nothing has changed in that time:
- Put some crappy update on Sisi, which was developed by someone who has no idea of how the game is actually played.
- Invite feedback from players
- Ignore said feedback completely
- Introduce the crappy update into TQ, regardless.
- Receive a huge range of complaints from most players
- Maybe change a couple of little things to pretend that they are listening to said complaints.
- A week later, ignore all further comments and complaints and move onto breaking something else.
New players should be aware of this process, to avoid being under the impression that CCP actually care what people say.
Outside of the UI feedback, there is now a lot of information that is no longer available in the client.
- How many SP does a skill require in total
- How many SP does a skill need to reach the next level
- How many SP per hour does your character train that skill
John Caesse and those things are some of the most useful and helpful things about the old ui as well as it was what i call clean and functional in its design it wasn’t a very great thing it could maybe be better but wasn’t bad and in need of fixing
- Why skill window is a separate window outside of char sheet? It was so logical to have skills in char sheet.
- Not possible to close full body char view in char sheet. Instead you can close sheet itself… Why??..
- Skill groups are too big, not possible to minimize groups to icons.
- Overall design if new skill panel is ok, except everything is too big and big gap between left and right parts, no borders.
- No option to hide level 5 skills. In old times there was such an option. Would be nice to return it. Or add one more option to menu like ‘all skills except fully trained’.
- Minimize groups to just icons, as it was and it was totally ok.
- Fully trained groups may be grayed out and moved to end of group list or just grayed out.
- Even not saying to move skills back to char sheet. Because its super logical it to have it there.
Sorry what a mess!
I could of designed something better than this!
The new Skills Interface looks completely different to the main part of the game!
What are they doing! this must be the worst update i have ever seen from CCP!
The icons are too BIG and there is too many gaps round the interface! so bland too no colour!
I am unable to save a skill plan on one of my characters. When I click on “Save”, the save button turns black with the spinning icon and after ~10s a message pops us saying “Unable to save skill plan!”. See screenshot.
- Create skill plan and apply plan to empty queue.
- Edit skill plan.
- Add new skills to the plan.
- Attempt to save plan.
Will have to add to the chorus of complaints regarding the new (bad) skill plan changes.
I understand the want of updating it, but why break something that is not broken, just revise it to add in skill planning.
Please revert back to the original UI, with the ability to make plans.
Why does the create skillplan option not have a paste from clipboard / file like the skill queue? Certainly not going to manually re-create them
It is sad, but you nailed it.
along with clutter daily login screen with useless items that have no use or point.
Am I the blue or green in this change, or did they just kill the canary.
I agree. I think an option to show/hide the time/sp to complete the next level would be nice. It is very convenient to know how long to optionally go to certain level without having to right click every skill in question.
The UI look of the window seems really out of place and doesn’t conform to any other window feel through out the entire UI. It doesn’t incorporate any UI them, custom or otherwise. It feels really disconnected from the rest of the game as a whole.