Updates To Skill Training - live now on Singularity!

they didn’t listen :frowning:

6 Likes

that was 100% clear

1 Like

How do I revert back to the way the skillsheet works? If that’s not possible, I will probably unsubscribe as you clearly don’t listen to your playerbase and I think we are all sick and tired of that.

12 Likes

I really wish you add a feature like “use old skill menu”.
I really hoped to see Asteroid belts back in Curse but instead i have this useless feature.
But when i opened my character info, that is when real horror begins. It is an art to take something that was good and make it bad.

7 Likes

Worst update ever. The entire UI for skills looks like it was designed by a 3 year old. Lay off the damn MOBILE look. We play this game on actual computers.

10 Likes

Did the local primary school help out with the new skills UI?

This is defo in the top 5 worst decisions ever made by CCP devs! Can we opt out?

7 Likes

This is clearly an Apple iPhone to Samsung android or vice versa moment, with no crayons.

2 Likes

I don’t get it. CCP had plenty of people in this thread, and elsewhere, who clearly spent more care and effort than the current UI dev does, in making the skill sheet user-friendly, CPU/GPU friendly, with less wasted space and more thought put into what players would want.

Why did it turn out so terrible? Is the new UI dev another Icelander who refuses to listen to anyone off-island? Do we have to hire a local to present our ideas to CCP so the documented xenophobia towards anyone off-island doesn’t impact the work of the programmers?

e: Don’t get me wrong, the ability to share skill plans in-game (and im hoping done in a similar way to Overviews. still updating rip) is a QOL feature that, looking back, makes things much, much easier for getting new players into doctrine ships, or ratting ships, or core14. Rather than having them download EVEMon, or trying to explain what to do with the notepad file (“So, I drag and drop the file into my EVE window?”) being able to share the queues in a similar manner to channel links, bookmark folders, and overview settings, is very nice, and is in line with what they know already.

I like it! It’ll get better as we go.
Please include a summary of how many skillpoints I’m missing to accomplish whatever plan I have selected.

From what I understand, actually CCP was brought by Pearl Abyss in Sep 2018 for $425 million dollars (good deal for original ccp), Pearl Abyss is a Korean company. Other than that, I guess they hire UI developers that think eve runs on an iphone, I’m sorry I am from Japan, I use a computer to play eve for the last 13 years.

7 Likes

Good news! Corp skill plans are in fact coming in a future iteration later this year, along with some particularly nifty features.

2 Likes

Dude, why you forcing this horrible looking stuff on us?
You make some good changes but you mess up so much more.

4 Likes

Some feedback:

The skill window no longer shows the total amount of SP needed for a skill like it did before.

The skill plan creator also should show the total amount of SP needed to complete it. Would make it a lot easier to create skill plans for say referral codes.

I appreciate that the “buy and skill” popup window no longer interrupts scrolling through the skill list, but I would also appreciate if the UI would still tell the player how much it costs to buy a skillbook through the skill window.

The bar that shows how much of a skill group has been trained does not have the notched lower right edge as the skill group buttons.

1 Like

D- guis, sorry. Literally the only thing i would have changed to the old skill UI was the pop-up information going to just outside the window instead of on top so it wouldn’t cover other things. Now…

Everything said so far on this thread is on point.

Can we please Please PLEASE have an option to have Classic View? I would rather deal with popup text that the 19 issues that i cant avoid in this new UI.

3 Likes

Dear God what a fooking mess!
Why such a huge font where you can only see a small amount of a skills group?
Please tell me it’s not April fools day and i have just woken up from a coma to find this pile of excrement

At least give us the option to look at the new hot mess of a skill sheet OR the old skill sheet that we could resize to fit what we are doing and everything is in a good sized font

Gah CCP why really tell us why you thought this mess was the way to go?
Stop ‘fixing’ stuff that didnt need fixing!!!

3 Likes

You can resize the new one, but it’s fugly!

A couple items after giving the changes a try. These may have been mentioned previously, but TLDR:

• The 5m SP limit for Alphas seems to be buggy. Sometimes the queue is paused and the extra skills are highlighted. Sometimes the extra skills are highlighted but the training isn’t paused. Sometimes it allows you to just keep adding with no limits…
  • Why can’t I bulk-add (copy/paste) a list of skills into a skill plan? How about creating a skill plan from my current queue?
  • I can drag a fitted ship to create a milestone, but I can’t do the same with a simulated fitting??
  • Why doesn’t this window recognize the global window settings (font size, transparency, etc.)?
  • Good that you allow a floating window, but it seems that this is missed by a lot of players…

I’ll also echo some of the prior comments about the sorting being wonky. Good thing you included search.

2 Likes

I dont like it Please change it back.

2 Likes

I’m an Icelander and very unhappy with this change and made it clear in this thread, still they didn’t listen to me so xenophobia probably has nothing to do with it, especially since so many of CCP are foreign employees.