Updates To Skill Training - live now on Singularity!

This should be possible by adding an export skills option to the fitting windows and then import from clipboard, which is already there. Be great to just combine it all into a new skill plan. Be a good addition.

3 Likes

hey, uhm, guys? thx for the 150 skill queue and the personal plans we can edit and share. BUT, maybe you should get around to removing any skills a n00b has by default from the build creation of plans please? pretty please?

making a decent list of skills for n00bs to train, beyond the Magic 14, is proving a mite problematic because of that.

ofc, i could be just exhausted from doing 12+hrs of testing on sisi, plus a bug report or two, and this is already in effect

Amen to that. yeah, i tried doing that as well. the closest i got was being overjoyed i could put the fit itself in the description as a link.

Make the top section collapseable. Please CCP!! With the current system, I have the space to view all the skills in my queue or the skills available. I like being able to decide how many of the skills I can see on the UI. While I can understand the new window completely, being able to see more of the skills that I have is really useful.

3 Likes

New players don’t always get the same skills and can be based on the empire and faction they choose on entry into the game. Skill books though can be bought to remedy that.

please dont do the ui overhaul. this is just a full load of :poop:

5 Likes

I found this video, it took this guy a few minutes to grasp and understand things that I haven’t figured out the whole time I have been looking at this thing:

The video is really helpful and since I couldn’t figure out almost any of it it makes all the difference. I still don’t think I will ever need what this thing adds, and I want the functionality of the current one that this removes. But at least I will be able to make this work now. I hope.

4 Likes

the new GUI is bad, please do not implement it. Bloated to heck. no.

5 Likes

If we must have the Windows 8 Start menu screen of a skill sheet at least put the skill groups back in the original order and the tooltips.

Before tooltip current old one << useful

After << less useful, having to show info on skills again for attributes, and actually how many skill points there are in each section is just missing.

Even more useful would be an option under general settings and put the skill sheet back on the character sheet like this get rid of the book on the neo com (put it in the Eve menu) Just make the bar red if there no skill training on the account or there’s a MCU not in use. change the skills button to shill plans instead of the one you added for skills which will take you to the new character sheet, to make skill plans. so it’s still available if needed. Also do we really need the double line spacing on the skills sheet if we have the option to combined it in.

Yes I made the mockup in MSPaint.

7 Likes

On a related UI note - can CCP make the arrow to collapse the sheet more visible? It might be due to the Flux App but it was hard to see on first view.

2 Likes

I agree with this - especially when putting a multi-level skill into the middle of an existing skill plan it would be helpful not to have to drag them one by one.

1 Like

and a button that does this, makes the character sheet more compact.

3 Likes

Yes - I would love an option to show “classic” view.

8 Likes

the new character UI and especially the new skill UI are HORRIBLE!!
the old ones where objectively better in every way
please FTLOG let us keep using the old UI per an ingame setting!

5 Likes

Seriously, the Dev Teams have been spending time working on this when there’s multiple bugs in-game that need to be fixed?

One thing is for sure, this new UI won’t bring in more players. It’ll chase even more players away from the game.

CCP needs to start following t̶h̶e̶ f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ r̶u̶l̶e̶ o̶f̶ ‘M̶u̶r̶p̶h̶y̶’s̶ L̶a̶w̶’ an old English Proverb - If it’s not broken, don’t mess with it.

12 Likes

So the skill catalogue UI has been updated and it now looks like this:

I’m real glad that it is being iterated upon, and feedback is being taken into account. The weird spacing between skills on the left has been removed, the overall design and some of the buttons are different, and I really like the coloring of the catagories. Skills have also returned to alphabetical order. Categories are still alphabetical as well, which I like.

I am sure that the empty space in the middle is about to be removed as well. (I can adjust the window size, but as previously it will result in overlapping text on the skill queue).

Other things I would change:

1. I still think that more empty space should be removed around the edges, especially at the top. Try removing that, and giving the window a nice outline just as any other window has (compare to the maps, for instance).

2. Please add the duration that each skill will take to learn, as it is on live. It is the number one thing I look at, when choosing what skills to train. To be clear, I’m talking about the skills shown in the bottom left.

3. I don’t like the ambient noise when the skill window is open. Maybe that’s just me, but as I keep this open for extended periods of time, I find it quite annoying. I understand why it’s there, and for comparision, I like the ambient noise of the ship tree, but this one is just too noisy for me.

Thank you for listening!

6 Likes

When will the 150 skill limit be added to the Eve Portal, for those of us that can’t/don’t want to play, but are still subbed?.

1 Like

why?? why sub and not play…

and the 150 is for either alpha or omega… and its not live yet…

I managed to break my PC, not sure when it’ll be fixed as other things are more important, that’s my situation. I have 6m sp atm, so 50 is great, but 150 would be better!.

Also, alot of people stay subbed to earn SP whilst afk for months, then come back to new ships/skills they wouldn’t have if they unsubbed.

1 Like

that’s actually not murphy’s law

1 Like