Upwell Hangars Evolved

Why no updates for NPC stations? :-/

Visually it looks great, performance wise on my machine it sucks, 30 seconds of black screen when clicking my character to get to a nice viewing hanger, and then jerky, stuttering graphics for about 1 minute before things smooth out once i undock is not the best experience.

3 Likes

In theory, they’d be very nice.

In practice they lag ridiculously (even on a Strix 2060 RTX), which is just unacceptable. And they’re more buggy than an Alpha build of a game.

1 Like

This is the setting I’ve taken to using in Upwell structures. It does have some flaws though:

• No graphical representation of which ship you’re in (that said, there are bugs in the internal view where your ship isn’t accurately displayed anyway…) - you need to start learning to rely on the Inventory window to be sure what you’re in.
  • It doesn’t seem to persist across capsule deaths. I’ve lost a few pods lately, and had to reset it again.

It does have a side-benefit too - it dramatically speeds up the docking/undocking process. Very often I’ve got access to my hangers before the “docking” banner finishes its work, or able to manoeuvre in space before the undocking animation is complete - meaning the graphics around docking/undocking are definitely the bottleneck for the processes, not the back-end of the game.

2 Likes

Shift Ctrl F9. This is the way…

Why on $deity’s green earth are you pushing this sort of content when absolute basics of the UI are so, well, crap?

Note that this isn’t something that I can adjust as a player - it’s just poor QC on the UI changes that you’ve released lately. Nothing more, nothing less.

I like a pretty hanger (but not at the cost of horrible system and client performance), but maybe, but maybe, you should be focusing on fixing glaring errors in the UI like the one in the picture above before changing the colour of the paint on the bike shed?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s called station trading, the wealthiest players are often docked and never leave their CQ.

The Aura hologram standing tall next to the ships, really should be a hologram of the captain’s avatar. Would let us show off our character, and it should be the captain standing tall next to his or her ship.

2 Likes

This is all very well and pretty to look at for the first 50 or so times that I ship-unship-dock-undock … but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE …

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD (OR WHATEVER DEITY YOU BELIEVE IN) - GIVE US A WAY TO TURN IT ALL OFF WITHOUT HAVING TO DISABLE ALL THE GRAHPICS.

For a play who doesn’t have the cash to splash out on a brand new GPU every 6 months I was quite happy playing EVE and middle graphics settings until this patch.

Just to keep the game at even vaguely playable I have had to dial everything down to low or disable stuff like occlusion.

This patch has actually been a serious retrograde to my enjoyment and performance of the game, AND I cant even run my 4 omega accounts at once without stuff freezing up

PLEASE consider player feedback … pretty does not always equal good

9 Likes

The hangars are beautiful, but urgent optimization is needed. Or add a function to disable the new hangar.

5 Likes

It has the drawback that you can’t see the ship you are in. Activating ships is not 100% reliable so it is very good to have a visual confirmation of what ship you are in (auto-zoom would be nice too for that matter).

I would love an option to have the 2D stills of the hangar (can even be rendered when you dock for some change in scenery) and then only ship is modelled. We would still get the stunning graphics but without insane GPU load.

EVE looks better than ever, which I find very impressive as this has been a beautiful, well designed game for a very long time. I’m on an old PC and performance in the new hangars is fine.

i want spin my capitals again :frowning: regression no progress

Looks good.

Looks like it’s time to upgrade my PC.

Another “blank” update. All these prettinesses are so out of place, the game is degrading, and the developers do not understand that it’s not about prettiness. Why all this? To write in chats with a beautiful background? I liked the game before it was rethought by “effective managers”…

And why is it still not possible to put dislikes on this forum?

:face_with_head_bandage: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

Thanks to these hangar updates I no longer have to worry about my gas heating bill this winter. Instead I get to worry about my electricity bill as the non/badly optimized code overloads my GPU.

5 Likes

Big thumbs up for the ‘AMD FSR’ mode, setting it to quality boosts my frame rate by almost 20% to a whopping 26fps when docked.

What or who was it for? For beauty? We are already informed by voice that docking with the station is in progress. You hnt been able or dnt want to update and diversify apparels and other things for the characters for so many years…

I think that this is not enough, you need to do this

Way to go devs, you release updates without notifying anyone and then theres no way to turn off the new features, the upwell hangars are a waste of time and resources both in terms of computer performance and also time to make an animation that does nothing but show whos ego is larger ‘look what we can do’.

If you spent more time chasing down in game errors that are over 7years old and fix those bugs before adding more frustration to the players that are actually paying to play without the devs taking eve the way of the dodo.

And if you actually cared about the game and fixed things that adds to the performance of gameplay then we all might be impressed, but glossing graphics and adding things no one cares about isnt the way to do things, nice to see good money spent on useless pursuits, maybe the devs should get a job in government, after all they seem to waste time and money on things the same way governments do.

Fix the damn game devs, before eve becomes totally extinct sitting alongside other dead games on a bookshelf

1 Like

I am also in the ‘it looks great brigade but crashes the game brigade’
Yes, I am on an old PC and the GPU was marginal before the patch but I could pay on high setting.
Now if I dock I get time outs and the client get block from accessing the GPU drivers.

The only work around I could find was to play on low res grapics.
Yes the best solution is to get a new GPU, but the other upgrades end up as replace the whole box.

I know you do not want the code more complex than neccessy, but I would like the old code back or a way to dail it way back when docked and still get high res in space.

A good ‘how to’ would be a ‘how to get the max out of low end GPUs’ !
Start at a low setting and say what setting to increase to get better graphics.
This would make the game way more playable and keep players playing.

1 Like