Use of an orca for a single player without alts

The Kill board is riddled with SP Injector bozos going down in stupid ships, probably thinking they can stay low under radar or something. Or just dumb. Or bots. Don’t know, don’t really care why.

There’s an inefficiency in cost in injecting SP and extracting?

It would eat-up your profit to transport the way you’re recommending?

Changed to questions cuz I’m asking

They are really easy to find. Again, don’t know WHAT it’s all about…maybe it’s some gimmick to make people’s kill boards have high valued kills?

Just don’t know.

I’m not sure I follow the question. There’s no inefficiency. You always extract in the station you intend to sell in (TTT because it costs less to list). You can’t loose the skill points while they’re on your character sheet.

You never have to transport to inject.

There’s a cost to extract, and there’s reduced SP to inject based on your current SP.

Both are inefficiencies, and to have a mule with low SP to do it seems tedious. I Station trade so I have to do next to nothing all day lol…not have to inject a mule with no SP to get 100% of an injection then extract it. Which again, I thought the extractor costs isk?

You misunderstand. Brun isn’t talking about buying injectors at station A, injecting the SP, moving to station B, and extracting again.

We are both saying, skill farmers are going to plonk their farmer alts at the station they intend to sell from, buy their extractors there from the NES, and extract to get injectors, then sell - all at the same station.

There is zero reason to ever move the injectors, since all it takes to consume them effectively is keep a station trading alt in Jita to handle the purchases, then contract them to the target character to inject from anywhere in the game without having to ever move them.

They are being bought for resale, not consumption…

And don’t confuse me with suggesting players need to transport 50b in SP injectors in Iterons. I honestly have no F-ing clue what that’s about haha.

I see what you mean by RMT votes but how does that work? What’s the scam in getting your 50b SP Injectors ganked?

Why?

There’s no reason to ever buy an injector from anywhere other than the cheapest location. Which is almost certainly Jita or TTT. Even if you want to resell them there’s no reason to move them.

Except the market doesn’t bear a heavy demand for them outside Jita/Perimeter, because the game mechanics support never having to move them around (specifically because they are ultimately bought with real money, as is PLEX - see the existence of the PLEX vault).

There are some people who are unaware of the mechanic, and thus are willing to buy them for markup prices elsewhere out of ignorance (or incredible levels of laziness - seriously, a free Alpha alt parked at Jita can funnel the injectors to a nullsec character in a heartbeat; it is not complicated). This is an incredibly small population of players. Flipping skill injectors this way is a very slow and risky process. It is far more logical to deploy a skill farming alt at your target market instead, and handle the entire process from the end point, rather than trying to buy low and sell high with something that is a gank magnet. The risk vs reward scale with moving the goods between markets is astronomically weighed toward the Risk side, since in most markets the profit margin is tiny when you account for broker fees and taxes:

Current Jita/Perimeter low sell price: 675-680m
Current Jita/Permieter highest buy price: 640-650m
Highest non-Jita buy price: 640m (Domain)
Lowest non-Jita sell price: 675m (Heimatar)

Aside from some severe outliers (someone actually bought an injector in Black Rise for 1.2b - seriously, WTF?), those prices are consistent across most of EVE. And the VAST majority of trading activity in injectors is occurring in Jita/Perimeter markets.

Yes, lack of player knowledge creates a limited opportunity to profit, but it’s not like that is going to be a consistent source of income outside of, say, the starter systems, where new players are more likely to fall victim to market manipulation that makes the price look ‘good’, or not know about the Forge marketplaces to throw a 2nd character over there for free to manage buying their skill points. Veteran players? They won’t buy anywhere else unless there is an unexpected cheap listing they stumble across somewhere and snap up for personal use.

Most people sell injectors to from jita to buy orders. But the margin is too small to resell from Jita.

BO and SOs are in TTT. But no one buys a Jita injector, you’ll be sitting on it a while if you place your SO from Jita

Then people are ignorant of how injectors work.

¯\(ツ)

It is dumb to sell them anywhere other than TTT right now. But it’s based purely on listing costs.

As a trader sure. But TTT buy orders keep grabbing injectors in Jita.

People selling injectors to buy orders dont care.

It’s up to the trader to get them to TTT to make a profit.

Injectors are the only market I’ve seen that actually has advantage to selling from TTT.

@Kane_Orsito

Here is my take on the topic from the perspective of someone who’s been mining solo/multiboxing for a few years in HS/LS/WH.

If you have consistant access to corp mates boosting you, go 100% for an exhumer.

Exhumer Pros :

• Lower entry cost (ISK + skills).
  • Easier to achieve decent yield.
  • Faster ROI (Return on investment).
  • Depending on the ship you select, you will always outmine an orca while boosted.
  • Skiff are not as prone to ganks like Hulks/Macks are.

Exhumer Cons :

• You’ll have to dock at some point to drop off your ore.
  • Vulnerable to NPCs if a FOB is present in the system.
  • More vulnerable to ganks than a properly fit orca.
  • Limited selection of fits.

Orcas however will let you do things you won’t be able to do easily with a barge such as :

• Hauling your ore.
  • Mining trig ores.
  • Being a much harder nut to crack (when properly fit). You ain’t invincible however.

There’s far more to talk on the matter, but these should give you a rough idea on the topic. Also, general rule of thumb for hauling, 3000 isk/ehp.

487k ehp with triple t2 bulkhead rigs, t2 low bulkhead, faction shield extenders, 500mn, and a godroll abyssal damage control. Hard to get better than that without spending ridiculous isk. Feelsgoodman.

1 Like

No, he actually has a valid point. It could have been stated better though (key phrase being “do anything with”).

Compressed Ore currently loses value when converting it into minerals. The ore is worth more than the minerals it gets turned into.
justification provided here:

In responce to the OP though, I will say that the orca is well suited for its intended purpose (the transport of ore and moderate fitted ship hulls) It will function as an entry level freighter but once your cargohold value starts to exceed 500 million you need to start examining other more efficient options.

But this is completely irrelevant to either point.

His assertion was that you need the largest possible cargo to carry anything of value. However m3 and market value are not linked. Ore was just one example. I could have chosen officer mods. The specific example is not the point, the fact that a large cargo is not required to transport many times a ship’s value in cargo is the point.

I like to use Procurers until my minions can fly Skiffs

Your younger than I thought you were. :wink:

You should try skill injectors.

If anything, its tangential not irrelevant.

A typical freighter has a general purpose hold that can hold anything under its M3 limit. The same thing can be said of DST’s and Blockade runners (fleet hanger included). This allows for easier comparisons between them (even simplifying it down to EHP vs Travel time vs Cargo Value)

The Orca is different because it has unique additional holds that can only be used for specific items (assembled ships and ore) A discussion of whether or not the orca is a viable transport should address the following:

(1) are the ore and assembled ship holds going to be used frequently?
(2) what is the income potential of those additional holds (if used)?

Establishing that ore is “worthless” is relevant (yet potentially tangential) because it allows us to remove that ore exclusive cargohold from the discussion.

I wouldnt know how to address the assembled ship hold but its m3 capacity is small enough that I don’t feel it would make a significant difference (for hauling purposes)

Edit:
In response to your second section, I agree with some of your reasoning. Most of my shipping is done via Blockade runner. My observation (in agreement with you) is that the bulky and/or high quantity items tend to be less profitable. ISK / m3 is relevant when attempting to maximize utilization of ISK capital and time efficiency.

@Kane_Orsito
Make a hauler choice on estimated usage not on potential. extra m3 capacity is pointless if you are not going to using it. This might result in the purchase of two ships instead of a multi-purpose one.