Using Alts to "Win" a Fight

What’s seriously mind blowing is the huge amount of mind-share people with her approach seem to be having, as if they’re all drawing from the same pool of behaviour. No, I’m not saying they’re the same people, I’m saying that the behaviours of different people who share certain ideas and thoughts overlap significantly.

Already removed the upper part. Was going to do that anyway. Tell you what, I too can only guess what you’re talking about, that’s why I pointed out “Wrestling”, because it’s athleticism on a really high level while the competitiveness is fake.

I am NOT polite. I am NEVER polite. Polite people are fake! The gap between someone who is nice and someone who is polite is HUGE and the only ones who aren’t aware of that gap are those who are polite! These people are not nice, they’re just polite! They throw others under a bus if they need to!

Polite people hold back what they’re truly thinking, coating it in nicer words as if they needed to censor themselves and they’re sitting on a high horse believing that everyone should be censoring themselves at the cost of emotional openness and honesty.

Even if you were assuming you were being trolled, simply giving the appropriate examples would have ended it faster than constantly avoiding it! We’ve had our fair share of such people already, and they’re still around, so people behave accordingly!

ANYHOW …

EVE is NOT a competitive leasure activity at all! It is not correct to compare it to sports, because sports are meant to be fair! EVE ONLINE has a completely different level of fairness than sports, because EVE ONLINE builds up on natural laws! Eat or be eaten! When you suck, you die! You lose out! Too bad, but please try harder!

In nature, every advantage you can get means that you’re more likely to survive. In sports this is completely different! I understand that in EVE there is no permadeath (which would prevent such conversations from happening in the first place), but that doesn’t change the fact that EVE ONLINE is on a whole different level of fairness!

Nature/“The Jungle” is inherently unfair, but it’s unfair to everyone making it more fair than anything else. People in EVE oppose the mentality of weaklings who believe that they deserve a fair chance, because no one deserves anything at all and it’s fully up to you to make it through.

The ones crying the most about how bad/unfair the game is and how people are griefers/sociopaths/whatever are the ones who are unable to compete and in no way or form should they be getting any advantages, because it would be unfair to those who are better.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. Don’t stress yourself. Sometimes I let a day go between one post and the next in one topic, while I’m posting in the other. It’s a rather beneficial approach.

But you should! This is censorship! You refuse to read someone’s post based on a few simple words! You ignore a lot of words because you don’t like a few words! The issue isn’t my words, it’s your approach to communication!

Or, in other words:

“I disagree with you solely based on your approach towards me, ignoring that communication is a two way street and that I am probably the reason why I am being approached in this way.”

2 Likes

Recent Reddit post about solo win where OP shown he using alts. There was many redditors supporting such definition of “solo”. Person questioned using of term “solo” in this case got many downvotes.

There are two distinct groups of people in PvP combat gaming (and other activities as well).

1. If it’s one-vs-one, one group likes a reasonably fair fight. They don’t generally get upset if they win or lose a one-sided fight, but they think it’s boring compared to an even fight
  2. If it’s one-vs-one, the other group thinks it’s better to use whatever resources they can to win. Naturally this includes friends, alts, and the best possible equipment

Meaningful communication (at least in a forum) between the two groups is almost impossible.

A couple of observations:

• Across Multiplayer combat PVP games in general (not just MMOS), “fair fight” players greatly outnumber “whatever it takes” players.
  • In general, members of the “fair fights are more fun” group understand the “win at all costs” group quite well. The reverse isn’t true. I’ve often seen “whatever it takes” players react as though they genuinely believe the other group must be lying or crazy
  • EVE has an exceptionally large proportion of “whatever it takes” combat PVPers
  • In “that other game”, the availability of a reasonably good competitive “fair fight” sub-game killed the “free-fire” PvP servers. FWIW I don’t think this would happen in EVE, due to the previous point. But if I was a “win at all costs” player I would be a lot nicer to the “fair fight” group than I’ve actually observed in this forum.

If this was true there would not be such an tremendous backlash against them. They usually don’t and they usually expect that the game is being changed for them, mostly because they’re simply not good enough competing outside of artificial restrictions.

The difference between an actual fighter and someone who fights only in a ring is the fact that the guy in the ring will get his ass whooped by the actual fighter. That’s why you’re making this up. It’s the other way around.

We understand perfectly that you want things to be “fair” and we perfectly understand why they want them “fair”! We also perfectly understand what this “fair” actually means, while most people who only know “fair” usually do not.

The forum’s whole history doesn’t back up your claim. Of course people are pissed about someone wanting to change our game every other week, but we’re even more pissed about the continuous amount of people who keep insisting that it’s us who are wrong while they keep trying to argue for changing the game we like to play into something that it isn’t.

■■■■■■■■. They deserve all the backlash they get, because they usually don’t stop insisting. They usually don’t stop demanding that the game is changed to support their inadequacies. It’s not US who want to change their game to their inadequacies, it’s them.

How would you feel if I came into your home and declared that your whole set-up is ■■■■, that your choice of colours is ■■■■ and that you absolutely have no ■■■■■■■ taste at all and that you are supposed to be changing it, because I’m going to stay despite not liking it?

Would you then do all of that? Would you?
You ■■■■■■■ wouldn’t!

All WE want is our game not to be as stupid as all the other games for those who have no actual clue of the real world. You know, the guys who get their asses beaten by actual, trained fighters. An experienced street fighter (EVE player) takes an arena fighter (the other guys) and wipes the floor with him.

Fairness isn’t a real thing. It only exists in their head. Our game is more fair than any other game, because there’s no artificial ■■■■■■■■ trying to hide the fact that some people are smarter/better/bigger/stronger and dumber/worse/smaller/weaker than others.

People aren’t equal, at all, and EVE’s mirroring the real world perfectly. The fact that there’s people who use alts to stack the odds into their favour is meaningless, because these alts count as seperate entities. That’s how CCP sees them and seeing it otherwise, while everyone’s right, is something stupid to insist on.

If someone gets an ego boost from using several chars, then he’s a weakling. If he calls it “solo” then he’s not just a weakling, but he’s also stupid. Still, he’s a weakling with enough military might behind himself to make sure that everyone who’s worse simply is going to lose.

There’s no in-game difference between him having friends helping him and him having alts helping him and with alts he still has to split his focus, which makes it worse than having friends.

1 Like

Solecist

The hate is almost entirely based on projection and misunderstanding.

BTW I noticed some white squares after I wrote that line, so I stopped reading, and hence have no more to say.

I’ve played a lot of combat sims over my years (ARMA, Rise of Flight, IL2, DCS, COD, BF2, WW2OL,etc) and the concept of a “fair fight” does not exist.

It’s combat…deal with it. Some days you are the dog, some days you are the hydrant.

If you want a “fair fight” then play a game that is specifically 1v1…and then it’s just “fairer”…

1 Like

Hello you must be the 10% of the time i did not mention, as for making me flinch let me think about that for a mo… nope did nothing for me sorry. Conflict is a mute point when the very nature of the game is conflict driven, everytime I log in conflict in some form or another is thrust upon me. Would not be the Eve I love to play otherwise.

Honorable fights should be the norm and not the exception though…

In a pvp game full of wannabe space pirates you are expecting honorable fights to be the norm?

1 Like

Yes i expect that…vintage i know in a time in which anybody can’t see stuff behind his own nose,but still…yes i do…

:thinking:

Really?
Don’t you agree the level of selfishness and “all for me and nothing for everybody else” has grown like mad?

People only see and support what can benefit THEMSELVES and other -in their eyes- do not deserve even the dirt under their fingernails…

1 Like

I was trying to decipher what you meant by that because those words put together like that don’t meant what you think they mean I think.

It’s a metaphor :slight_smile:

I know what you tried to express but what you wrote is light years away from that.

The point is if you know what was meant the goal is already reached… :slight_smile:
The need for a correction is discutable :slight_smile:

But that’s like saying:

“There should be no poverty or hunger. Good things happening to people should be the norm and not the exception.”

I love the sentiment but it’s unrealistic in pretty much every metric possible except 1v1 situation…and that is a hint too BTW…

Makes conversations and flow of thoughts cumbersome and problematic when one has to spend time to decipher your sentences and guesswork what you meant. I understand there is a language barrier, English is not my primary language either, but at least you should put some effort into your writing if you want people to bother considering what you write. Just a heads up though in case you want to be taken seriously.

It’s not unrealistic,i’t s only a matter of education(in the real world)…and therefore a matter of money invested in this…but in a world in which only the shareholders value counts you can just expect the current situation(again real world).

But allow me HAVING a higher standard to the human race in any parts of reality :slight_smile: