Using GeForce Now = ban?

I do. I also have a healthy dose of skepticism. Indeed, the problem may be the shared IP, rather than having a server run the EvE client and interacting with whatever the server is sending your way.

Probably not the IP, at least on its own (An IP is nigh useless on their own for positively identifying anyone, really. DHCP, carrier grade NAT, campus networks, dorms, etc.)

Probably some subset of hardware IDs, if I had to guess.

Also, since nobody bothered to read the Reddit thread linked in the OP, great news, you can all return your legal GEDs to the Crackerjack box they came from:

4 Likes

So it got resolved.

CCP can ban you for doing something they allow. But you can file a ticket to remove permaban. :joy:

1 Like

CCP can ban you anytime if they suspect you are violating the EULA, or you security has been breached.

Thatā€™s actually something expected from them.

1 Like

CCP could ban you just because they feel like it. Itā€™s obviously not in their interest to do so because a banned customer is not a paying customer, but they can. :woman_shrugging:

So just another day at CCP office, ā€œput that ticket on the pileā€. :psyccp:

Good someone actually responded from CCP describing how it is.

2 Likes

Ya I was stuck in J space in my banana boat and called Signal Point for a rescue. They didnā€™t bring alcohol so I use the GeForce exploit to kill them all with my boat oars.
I got one oar left so a long time to get home but the GeForce exploit is awesome!

Oh Iā€™d read the reddit threadā€¦ it was all of 10 posts when I read it, tis good CCP responded.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

ā€œyes its ok to use these streaming services buuuuuuuuuttttttttt you cant use themā€

Just a little technical tidbit. Your monitor is also a data stream. HDMI or DVI are encoded streams. So technically if they banned Now or Stadia without specific wording, theyā€™d ban you from using a monitor, unless you used VGA or compositeā€¦
I know itā€™s not the intent, but something silly I thought of when reading OP.

Then read whole topic not only OP. Since CCP guy, clearly said they donā€™t ban for streaming. Also, comparing GPU - Monitor signal to this services is nothing more than attempt to trolling.

Anyway, great job CCP for monitoring such things and banning in advance.

1 Like

As CCP Peligro explained, we have internal processes monitoring customer behaviour. In this case, the customer has been banned through human error, we recognize that this is a false positive and lift the ban with an apology. These things happen, but we do not take them lightly.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.