Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

The Amarr are human, their lives have weight and their deaths, like the deaths of any human beings, should not be rejoiced in or cheered for their own sakes. I have been friends with a number of them.

They are also institutionally required to be zealous in their pursuit of a divine mandate to make people think the way they think, by any means necessary, which has historically meant violence more often than it has not. Undoing the harm they have done is impossible. Limiting the harm they are actively continuing to do will likely require bloodshed. Because they will not stop. At best, they will pause.

At worst, my friends and I will try to kill one another. At least one of us will almost certainly succeed. Either I or they may even have the opportunity to make that death permanent. If it comes to that—and when that bloodshed erupts, Aria, neither you nor I can say that such extremes will remain beyond the pale—and I am forced to take that course, I will mourn my friends… and I will celebrate every success.

And all of that violence will be the legacy of the Amarr, their slaving, genocide, and systemic torture and abuse, and their cowardly surprise attack on a people who had never done them any harm, or even knew they existed.

4 Likes