Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Okay, so-- what’s the difference between your cult and the Equilibrium of Mankind again? Keeping in mind that the “equilibrium” the other lot is looking for is the one between matter and antimatter?

It seems like your purposes are just the same, so aside from, maybe, truth in advertising, is there really a difference here?

1 Like

The acronym is the same, although I had to get a little bit silly with the ticker.

Superficially, my objective might be met by the satisfaction of their objective. However, their objective (if it can be called an “objective”) would not be met through the satisfaction of my objective. I only want the End of Mankind, not something impossible.

Still, best of luck to them.

So, you’re literally just looking for a human extinction event?

… I guess the cluster is big enough to provide you at least a small cult based on that kind of primary end goal … still, it seems like recruiting’s got to be a little annoying.

1 Like

The beauty of misanthropism is that you really only need a Cult of One.

However, it isn’t an extinction event without purpose.

Mankind has become a problematic local maximum. This pattern has existed in Life for Quite Some Time. We may (cough) even owe our present local maximum to the obliteration of some previous maximum on some here-to-for undiscovered (cough) world. Oh my, there’s a lot of pollen in the air.

Of course, the sooner the next local maximum gets going the better. If it takes millions of years, Heaven forbid, they will learn nothing from our bad example.

In fact, even short of all out extinction, some pitiful little pockets of Mankind that somehow survive whatever form the Destructor ultimately chooses might find it within their capabilities to go beyond explosions. You know, “this time it will be different.” No, actually, that wouldn’t happen. They would certainly ■■■■ everything up again.

I’ll politely disagree.
Being fat means being a hedonist.
And hedonism is an attribute of evil.

Whilst this is not always the case, Karsoth definitely was a hedonist of the most extreme kind. It was one of his defining features. He had cybernetic limbs installed because his normal knees began to fail to support his weight.

1 Like

Ewww, that’s so Gallente!

Gallenteans tend to care about their health.

1 Like

And yet, they’re probably the “fattest” nation.

Almost certainly, yeah. But averages are a funny thing. Amarrians are abstemious by nature, Minmatar have some areas with poverty so extreme that malnutrition drags the average weight down, Caldari have a similar problem in some areas due to wealth distribution and bad conditions for many in the working class (something Heth had problems with and Ishukone also tried to address, before you get all defensive) though to a lesser degree, so by default that leaves the Gallenteans as the ‘fattest’. Though the average Gallentean is still ok-ish. There is a trend in the Federation towards over-consumption, but nowhere near Karsoth’s levels.

By the way, Kim-haani, you could use a few more meaty meals and a few fewer food bricks. Just my two cents, but a bit of thiccness never hurt anyone.

2 Likes

Usually my Kaalakiota digital assistant and life manager gently reminds me of the need to stay hydrated or get some caloric intake via a self heating MRE in order to maintain a healthy weight profile.

Even as a capsuleer and an independent, I still find it comforting when the Company tells me what to do.

2 Likes

Great.
Now I can’t get rid of image in my head, as you walking around like alive tofu block… :sweat_smile:

That’s a second mental image from you that I didn’t want…

I honour Mountain Mother, Kasuyaa, in my own way. I adorn myself in the kill so that she may bear witness to my skill in the hunt, that I may be judged worthy to feast in her hall.

2 Likes

Yes, I mean, it’s fine…
but…
how to get rid of an image of a tofu block wearing freshly cut human’s skin?!..

I didn’t sleep today a lot.
I had a dream.

I left my station quarters and I noticed Veikitamo standing in the station hall. She was just standing there still, in the far end. I turned around and just walked in other direction towards the docks. I approached my kestrel and began inspecting the ship, checking lists from technicians. Then I noticed Veikitamo walking slowly across the docks. She was walking way too slower than all the people moving around, working, it felt like neither she noticed them, nor they noticed her. And I thought, what the hell are she doing in the baseline section of the station? Shouldn’t she be arrested? I approached a security officer and showed them a datapad with Veikitamo’s profile, but they replied they never saw that person. I pointed directly where she was standing but… that spot was completely empty. So I returned back to my kestrel. I approached the door, pressed in my keycard and the door has opened. Right in front of me, face to face, was standing Veikitamo. Dressed up in her clothes like in profile, but her face was missing. It was completely cut out as an oval in her head, from chin to forehead, showing inner tissues of the skin, slowly bleeding along the cut. Under that skin, instead of her head, there was huge pale TOFU BLOCK with fresh blood streaks running down it from the cut skin.

And I woke up.
And couldn’t sleep again.

That’s because you’re secretly made of tofu, but you haven’t told you yet. And tofu never truly sleeps.

1 Like

GET.
OUT.

What about having your clone made out of faux-fu ?

It’s a tofu substitute for the tofu intolerant.

1 Like

That is quite the vivid imagination.

1 Like