Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Synthetic food is the good thing.

Sounds like a metaphor.

1 Like

At a meter long? I think that works in any context.

1 Like

In any way, I wouldn’t put THAT into my mouth.

Get yourselves some good Caldari protein delicacies instead!!

1 Like

I could not agree more.

It is why I was so dismayed by the actions of the former Executor Heth in Haatomo. A man who once proclaimed himself as representing all Caldari suddenly displaying such an egregious contempt for the rule of law once charged by both the corporate courts of Kaalakiota and the State itself under the tenets of the Caldari Basic Laws of the CEP.

Imagine my shock and disappointment when the Executor tried to escape the laws of both Company and State like any other Gurista!

Such audacity and facetiousness to try to deny the just punishment of laws under the empty rubric of being the self-proclaimed sole representative of all Caldari!

2 Likes

It was in the context of having seen an advert for a sausage eating contest at a sausage festival that I happened to see while shopping. If you ate the metre long sausage in one go, you could win prizes.

Now, by ‘in one go’, you mean…?

Why did you have to go and ask that?

2 Likes

Typically, those sorts of contests mean ‘in one sitting’, often with a time limit involved.

Idle curiosity?

Sounds way easier than ‘in one bite’.
And, of course, it will depend on the thickness of the said sausage. The volume of a cylinder is directly proportional to its length, but has a square dependence on its radius (V=pi * R² * L, where R is the radius and L is the length), and it will mean that increasing the radius of a sausage will increase its volume way more than increasing its length :thinking:

In one go.

I didn’t really investigate closely, I did say I was shopping at the time.

But I believe you had to keep both hands on the sausage, and both lips. So I guess you’d have to chew without breaking contact.

2 Likes

Then it would be one bite.
Though holding food with hands is not hygienical, lets not behave like gallentean swines, okay?

I forgot how do you call those, anyone remembers?

Indeed, this sounds like quite a demanding sausage.

2 Likes

8 legs, and claws, no tail, huh, I dunno, some kind of tailless scorpion, I think. Don’t think I’ve ever seen one of those though. How big are they ?

Well don’t blame me, I didn’t make the rules.

Don’t bother. She’s not discussing the matter in good faith. She never is, on that topic. It’s been explained to her, many times, by many people, over many years, that there is a difference between the social sciences sense of that term, and the physical sciences sense of it. The latest go-round was here.

It doesn’t matter how many people tell her that she isn’t using the term the same way everyone else is. She has no interest in actually conducting a discussion. She only wants things to rant about. Ignore her. It is better for your sanity.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhh, but where’s the fun in that?

If I can win an argument, that’s fine; if I can just keep arguing, without winning or losing, because my opponent will never concede, so much the better. I enjoy a good ol’ verbal spar, you see, especially turning my opponents’ own logic against them, and for that, Ms. Kim is a fine opponent.

It may start as a good ol’ verbal spar, but it will end with her calling names, falling on old stereotypes, and repeatedly screaming “destroy the Federation.”

It gets old fast, and that’s why many of us ignore her in the first place.

1 Like