Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Nevermind, I found out. They are called Aranea Bigassus.

Am I? Is it madness to look at the actual facts and not cling to the comforting rationalization?

Maybe…

Well, from what I understand, you are indeed creating yourself a comforting rationalization and call it “actual facts.” Maybe there are topics that don’t have facts as answers.

And which bits don’t you think are facts?

I know better than to enter prolonged arguments with you. But you can’t call personal experiences universal facts.

And I’m not. I’m talking about how the brain works, how data transfer works, and whether a copy is the original.

But you know, I’ve pretty much come to expect this kind of thing. Ask someone to actually specify the falsehood they’re vaguely asserting I’ve made, and suddenly it’s all ‘I’m not getting into this with you’.

If you’re going to make accusations, be prepared to back them up.

The trick to not getting too annoyed by students handing in stuff right on the deadline, is to set the deadline a week in advance of when you actually want them to hand things in.

The falsehood you made was to claim that when someone says “I’m still the same me”, you said that no they’re not. Based entirely on your facts. I know I am the same me. I have the same soul. I am the same person that I always was, even if the vessel changes.

Clearly, you do not think like this. And you’re free not to. But our brand of immortality is not something I feel can be entirely measured up only through scientific method.

Our brand of ‘immortality’ is entirely scientific. It’s achieved through scientific process. You want to claim there’s something else at work, let’s see even a single scrap of evidence that ‘something else’ exists.

Yes.

How can you prove something immaterial exists?

Not my problem, I’m not the one claiming it does.

What do you mean by this ?

If you don’t want me to comment on things on the IGS, why put them on the IGS ?

Not every post is intended for every commenter.

4 Likes

And not every comment on the IGS automatically needs to be acknowledged.

Also, Ekaterina Defenestris endorsed my post which will probably bump her a few places up Chakaids hit list.

I feel this way… a lot.

1 Like

I think you are confusing IGS with a “ask Valerie Valete” column in your local vidfeed.

1 Like

No, that’s right Here

I mean that you entered a Minmatar-centric thread posted by a respected Minmatar voice asking a valid Minmatar question, and then proceeded to refer to one of the central events of Minmatar history and rebellion as “that thing.”

Now, feelings about the Elders’ actions are extremely mixed, but I think we can all agree that they aren’t worth speaking dismissively of as a “thing.”

1 Like