Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Thanks alot! The new image is endearing. So cute!

1 Like

I’ll take ten!

1 Like

Well, I am. Who has studied the history of the Takmahl more than I ?

1 Like

Probably dozens of baseliner historians. Maybe some capsuleers who don’t have quite as a loud mouth too.

3 Likes

So let’s say 6 dozen baseliner academics and a dozen capsuleers.

Out of a population of how many trillions?

1 Like

Studying niche areas of interests still don’t make you “accomplished” just because you say so. I hired overall thousands of people to work on the study of the archaeological record of Huggar some years back, and study of ancient Minmatar history isn’t bursting at the seams of the amount of people interested in it either - well, should I say, lots of people are interested, but paying for it and doing something is another matter entirely.

Yet I don’t go around claiming I did all the work and call myself the “expert on Ancient Minmatar Empire” every chance I get, because I am not an expert in that particular field just because I financed it and held the reins, and partly because all that work got halted due to disagreements with the local authorities despite initial co-operation.

2 Likes

Well, consider this. If I didn’t take credit then who would? Anyanka Funk? Nauplius? Do you want them to be declaring themselves the unquestioned greatest Sani Sabik scholar? Do you?
Because I have taken the credit, I can, sometimes, talk them out of things when they are going too far. And what thanks do I ever get from the likes of you? That’s right, NONE.
So There!

3 Likes

A pacifist diplomat walks out of a bar.
He is accompanied by one of his friends; an old harmless man and an ally.
The pacifist’s other friends and comrades, all killers, fear he will harm this old man.
:rimshot:

2 Likes

Don’t be a cheeky, melancholic baby.

Playing a victim isn’t adorable or endearing.

2 Likes

You two sound suitably mysterious.

1 Like

Well, when said pacifist threatens to punch you, you doubt the nature of their pacifism.

3 Likes

Or at least that genuinely-held principle is deeper at that moment than genuinely-held feeling.

1 Like

Sooo a pacifist isn’t even allowed to get angry or smth?

2 Likes

More that pacifism isn’t a perfect shield against violent impulse, so a potentially-violent pacifist is still potentially violent.

Also, you can worry for someone while still trusting in their abilities.

Also-also, “Ha-ha don’t be silly I’m a pacifist,” isn’t maybe a very good way to restore confidence after giving people a scare.

1 Like

Having no counters to my statements, Arrendis has now sunk to the level of hurling insults, thusly, conceding the argument.

Blammo !

1 Like

I’m going to chalk this up to your lack of a functioning brain, because I started by hurling insults. And I offered counters to your claims.

You claimed:

1)That your philosophical bullshite is somehow relevant to the issue of your status as one of the most accomplished Archaeologists in the cluster. It’s not, as again: separate disciplines.

2)Your philosophical nuttery has influenced Funk and Napkins, because it really hasn’t.
2a)This somehow entitles you to praise. Nobody cares, and nobody is entitled to a damned thing. Suck it up, buttercup.

Moron.

4 Likes

no, u.

1 Like

You know, perpetually engaging in a battle of wits with the unarmed doesn’t reflect too well on you. You have a strange fetish for it.

3 Likes

Truly a weapon that will make a killing machine even from a pacifist. Anybody have some used ones to sell?

2 Likes

Well, you know, it passes the time while I’m waiting for feedback from a panel of equally stone-stupid people who don’t understand my job or their own, and continually demonstrate that through incompetence.

2 Likes