Vagabond or Muninn

so i am training up HAC for minmatar, currently fly a stabber for pve content and looking for fits for these ships or even just comments on which is better off for pve in the different kinds of pve.

all pve except WH space, i am to cowardly for that XD

from what i can tell vagabond = Autocannon ship and Muninn = Arty ship.

also is the new HAC defense module any good? from what i see as a newb it looks bad but maybe i am reading the numbers wrong or is this just ment for pvp?

1 Like

HACs are very expensive at the moment with the increased cost of advanced components due to the moon mining changes. You may want to take a look at Cynabal - the Angel pirate cruiser. Fast, effective and half the price. Loki takes a bit longer to train and is a bit more expensive but a lot more flexible.

The burst tank is most useful when you expect a lot of incoming damage for a short amount of time. PVE damage tends to be less intense but longer lasting. The assault DCU may help you get out of a sticky situation if you make a mistake but the generally higher resists of the regular DCU will probably work best in most PVE scenarios.

3 Likes

For pve a Loki is 100x better than a HAC :] HAC’s take longer to train cost the same but less dps and tank and have no cloak or interdiction nullification. But if you had to choose one muninn, as the vagabond is missing a mid slot to be good and it doesn’t have a tracking bonus so it becomes hard to kill smaller stuff.

1 Like

so basically only reason to use a muninn over a loki is just cause you want to, it;s worse in every way possible XD

2 Likes

Pretty much yea lol

1 Like

The Ishtar is pretty much the only HAC I ever see used for ratting/missions anymore. I’ve even seen them used for complex running before. Droneboats, in general, are pretty good for that kind of stuff. However, there’s a pretty good cost vs average tick ratio case for ratters to stick with the Vexor Navy Issue even if they can fly & afford an Ishtar. PVE Ishtars aren’t rare, but they definitely aren’t common.

So, I think your issue is that you’re looking at the wrong HACs for PVE stuff mate.

EDIT: For reference, a fully fit/skilled VNI costs about 100mil and gets around 12mil ticks while ratting, or 36mil isk per hour. Basically, if you can get in 4 hours of ratting in a VNI, you’ve paid it off. An Ishtar doesn’t do any more damage than a VNI, so there’s no real increase in your ratting ticks. It has slightly better drone tracking & speed and a better tank against kine/therm, which can help your drones get from rat to rat a bit faster and maybe allow you to take on stuff a VNI can’t tank. Is it really worth the 350-450+ mil to buy an Ishtar to do something the VNI does just as well, or are you planning to try running some of the bigger & riskier sites VNIs simply can’t tank? It’s really up to you to decide based on your situation. I know this doesn’t directly address your question about the minmatar hacs, but I hope the eternal debate of VNI vs Ishtar for pve helps you figure it out.

2 Likes

Iv seen cerb’s as well, but that’s more for out ranging wormhole rats and that type of thing.

1 Like

Highsec, lowsec or null?

1 Like

I have a Vagabond and it performed quite well for doing PvE content in High Sec. It’s the Stabber’s big brother so the same piloting tactics done in a Stabber will also work in a Vagabond.

1 Like

yeah the vaga can pack good speed, good dps, and good tank.

capstable 600M
[Vagabond, HS explo]
Power Diagnostic System II
Gyrostabilizer II
Assault Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

50MN Microwarpdrive II
Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Warp Scrambler II

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Hobgoblin II x5

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16
Hail M x4793
Barrage M x4000
2 Likes

Loki can’t run the new sites in May.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.