Vanguard: NPC Morale

I ran across this video last night and I thought it would be useful for the Vanguard devs to see. I’d post in discord but they have some verification hoops I’d rather not jump through.

The main topic of his video is about using dynamically scaling morale to change npc behavior. I’m guessing this isn’t a huge priority for the dev team at launch, but I do believe it would be useful to incorporate at some point to make encounters feel a bit more authentic; especially if we ever get environments with civilians in them.

2 Likes

FYI, I think Vanguard NPCs already exhibit some non-standard behavior, see for yourself

They behave like they are not sure what to do with me :wink:

Also CCP London has posted recently a new job offer looking for Associate AI Gameplay Engineer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It looks like they’re scared or confused or both. Probably never seen a capsuleer before.
One says to the other “They can land now?!?”

2 Likes

During the first test I saw at least one bunny hopping. I thought maybe CCP was having the ai copy player behavior. However, it doesn’t seem to know why players do the things they do.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.