Version 18.07 - General Feedback

Certain system are experiencing issues where commands are not being processed : warping, gate jumps, undocking, transferring isk, etc.,.

The patch broke something?

wait there is a time when ccp doesn’t break Lots of things on a patch day

I just spent a year setting up… *drum roll* Low Tier Booster Production

So in this case, I’m not just complaining on design principle but on the years work they just trashed.

It’s an amazing amount of effort including mission running for pirates, PI, Ice Mining, Ore Mining, Gas Harvesting and of course there is the low sec refinery. The mats are crazy including the same fuel blocks used in structures. The Uni page is so complicated you have to be sober to read it!

2 Likes

Aren’t boosters based on gasses that are primarily found in lowsec?

Depends on the booster level, there is a chart but you don’t want to look :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Uff… I was going to point out that this isn’t JUST a nerf to some esoteric sub-career in the game. This is a nerf to lowsec, one of the least loved areas of the game.

But . . . I wasn’t sure. So, maybe it just sucks to be you?

3 Likes

1 is in high sec and 2-4 are in low/null. The low/null gas is easier to find because no one is doing it however 2-4 have a design issue with BPCs so unless you do tons of ratting for drops in null you have to buy those.

The T1 BPCs come from Pirate LP, still null, and are more practical for a small corp.

And there was a good market for them.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much the size of it, well said.

They kept the Y-T8 for historical/traditional/flavor text reasons. Same as why they kept the Cold-Gas and Quad Lif, in fact, even if you find them more useful.

Same reason why Arbalest meta missile launchers are still a thing, even if meta 4 will become meta 1 across the board before long.

i had an industry job running in a complex and that complex ran out of fuel so the job obviously failed, but the blueprint is stuck and i can’t stop the job because the complex doesn’t have armor integrity, and if the complex gets abandoned and destroyed i’ll lose the blueprint, so if u could make it when a job fail u get your blueprint back it would be nice.

3 Likes

Enduring: Requires less Capacitor when activated.
Restrained: Has reduced negative attributes
Compact: Requires less fitting space.

That’s it. That’s all you’re looking at. It’s pretty simple when you understand that. And it remains the same across all modules. Restrained Armor Plates give less of a speed penalty. Restrained Shield Extenders bloom the Sig less. Those 3 descriptors are what they’re standardizing to, across all module classes.

In the case of MWDs, the negative attributes that are ‘restrained’ (i.e. lessened) include the reduction of the ship’s capacitor. It’s not that the Enduring decreases it more, it’s that the Enduring decreases it the same amount as other non-Restrained meta modules.

Ignore the flavor-name before the important word, and understand what the important word means. If ‘Restrained’ tells you nothing, then, well, you need a bit of help. What you’re suggesting is exactly what they’re doing Tiericide to get away from. And it’s needed.

I just wish they’d friggin’ do it all instead of making me go through hundreds of goddamned fittings every 2-4 weeks, over and over and over again. Seriously, @CCP_Convict , @CCP_Dopamine, @CCP_Rise a little help here for the people who have to redo everything for thousands of nerds every time you guys do this, please?

2 Likes

If the complex gets destroyed before it is abandoned, you will get the blueprint back through asset security.

1 Like

Not really sure what you mean…but it would be nice not to have to use a 3rd party tool to store even one fit per ship (there’s now more ship types than the max number of fits one can save).

Bravo on continuing to sort out the naming conventions.

1 Like

I just trash the boosters, so atleast from my point of view they never end up in the game. They are completely worthless to me.

I don’t know about that story stuff. My capsuleer is young. Arbalest is a good ‘alias’ name because it reminds me a crossbow which has better rate of fire. In this case - a lower Heat Damage also, considering it hasn’t the Restrained key word description.

• Rocket Launcher I → Rocket Launcher I
  • ‘Arbalest’ Rocket Launcher I - Arbalest Rocket Launcher I
  • ‘Limos’ Rocket Launcher I → Rocket Launcher I
  • OE-5200 Rocket Launcer I → Rocket Launcher I
  • ‘Malkuth’ Rocket Launcher I - Compact Rocket Launcher I
  • Compact: it’s OK.

• Enduring: Maaaaybe, but it’s an abstract adjective/verb and has different meaning in different contexts. This is the problem. English isn’t my first language and I’m using an Englsih EVE client. When I saw this word in EVE fitting and Market UIs, my first thoughts were that it’s referred to better particularities of the module to work in Overheated Mode. Similarly to how some computer components can work longer and better in overclocked mode. Similarly there are industrial or professional class devices and Home Use Devices.

• Restrained: Has reduced negative attributes. It’s another abstract verb which sounds very weird in naming collations for ship components. The word itself is a tooltip that the component has some limited, restricted, something to prevent from doing something. Looks like this module should be worse than the respective T1 module, it has some penalties. If you want to notice that this module has some better stats or less penalties, then use words Improved, Upgraded, Prototype, Experimental.

Its adjective mode means “characterized by reserve or moderation; unemotional or dispassionate, controlled, moderate, muted, soft, quiet”.

Overall, for Microwarpdrives and Afterburners I’ll change descriptions: 5MN/1MN to Small, 50MN/10MN to Medium, 500MN/100MN to Large and 50000MN/1000MN to X-Large. It’s more intuitively understandable for experienced and new players. Acronyms for ammo S, M, L, XL are ok.

My naming convention is based on associative memory. Different modules from High, Mid, Low slots, and among them Passive and Active, have different behaviour. This will join all name meanings into one and will remove some unique associations to compare this object to respective basic one by using a single “alias” word like Restrained. For example, lets say we have a Coca-Cola can and another one named Coca-Cola Restrained. I believe you’ll say: “WTF is that?” And if I’ll say that one is Coca-Cola Light, I belive, your response will be: “Ah sh*t!”. Similarly will happen if I’ll present Coca-Cola Sub and then I’ll say that is Cocal-Cola Cherry. Because Coca-Cola Vanilla can taste good for you.

It would be nice if there was a 1v1 proving grounds event going on at the same time as a group proving ground event so that people who play mostly solo can always have an option to do so.

2 Likes

I, and my small team, do the fittings for every subcap doctrine Goonswarm uses. Which winds up between a few dozen and a hundred different ship fittings. Those fits have to be available to everyone, including cargo loadout. In-game fitting previews, like those stored in channels, can’t actually hold enough items in cargo, and can’t even do some items at all, like depots. That means they can’t be saved in-game. So they’re not.

And because importers and multi-fitters have to be able to copy an EFT-block and use that to do purchasing and fitting ships en masse, that means every time @CCP_Rise changes module attributes, like resists, I have to go in and re-evaluate all the stored fits. When he just changes module names, I still have to go through every single one of those fits to find all those modules, and change them to the new names.

And that’s just one alliance. We’ve all got basically that same issue. And that’s ok. I don’t mind doing it. That’s the job, and I signed up for it, you know? But it’d be nice if I didn’t have to start over almost the day after I finish, again, and again, and again. I’d love it if Rise could get it all worked out. Publish what the changes will all be, so we can get things figured out ahead of time. But that’d take too long, so, you know, quarterly, at least, would be better than monthly.

Edit to add: Or, again, patch notes before the patch, so we can get ahead on that work, instead of having importers trying to work with information that makes the client just stare at them going ‘I have no goddamned idea what an Adaptive Invulnerability Field II is. Are you some kind of idiot?’

3 Likes

Right. The module type’s drawbacks are limited, restricted, kept under control… restrained.

The problem with trying to use ‘Improved, Upgraded, Prototype, Experimental’ is… they already had. Those words had all been used, often many of them within the same module class (look at the old names for the active Shield Hardeners). So they can’t use them to clarify anything, because they’d be perpetuating the old confusion. And, you know, all the meta modules are, in some way, ‘improved, upgraded’ versions of the T1 modules.

i wasn’t sure because the bp isn’t in my cargo, it’s stuck in industry service, and even waiting for asset safety is a pain, when it can go to my cargo when the job fails.

Sorry for question… i’ve been told that Trig invasion will function only for about month , is that incorrect?