Version 18.10 - General Feedback

Yes.
The saying is often used but that is not the ethics actually behind the saying. The ethics are to take the path of minimising long term harm, as to literally do no harm means you couldn’t lance an abscess without violating ethics.
In short, sometimes harm must be done.

This is especially true when you have a situation such as this, where either way someone is harmed. CCP can not simply reverse the change to remove harm, because in doing so they harm a whole new group of people again.

As for your statement of fix it immediately, physics is unfortunately a thing, we interact with time in a limited linear fashion, and thus immediately is simply impossible for them to do.

Lancing a boil is a fatuous example, and confuses harm with discomfort. You know full well that the principle is not to do unnecessary harm, and that is what is at stake here.

There are a very significant number of complaints that the new font is causing physical distress. The number saying that the old font caused them physical distress, but the new one is not, is very small. As I have said, even one person suffering distress from a font choice is one too many, so I am not in any way ignoring them. But introducing a new font, clearly without anything approaching adequate testing, which inflicts distress to far more people than the previous version, is doing unnecessary harm.

Do not lecture me about physics - you are wilfully ignoring the second part of my solution. If it cannot be fixed immediately, then roll back the relevant code. That could be done in a day.

3 Likes

Uh. Always. Of course they take feedback into account. But there are almost as many positive comments on the font here as negative. And given most positive comments don’t come to the forums to post since they aren’t angry about whatever the thing is…
Exactly which voice should CCP listen to?

I also like the new font more, but in thus case, they should listen to both, this means
it should be configurable , which font you want to use.

2 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine Are you gonna return CONTEXT MENU RESIZING?

2 Likes

Better luck next time CCP https://prnt.sc/v0i66e Bring back the old type of letters

First you switch to less readable font, and than from white text to gray text on gray background to make it even less readable! Why, CCP? Why my eyes? What did they do wrong?

2 Likes

Probably not because that would mean undoing the work of some dev who put countless hours into his rework baby.

Looking at the latest moneygrab skin ad, noticed something strange…

Why are there no pictures of the skins in action? Why is there no picture gallery with a few pics of the ships that use these skins to show people what they will get.

A pinnacle of UI engineering: slightly lighter grey letters on slightly darker grey backdrop! Wow! So much usability

5 Likes

Blockquote Patch Notes

Reduced brightness and color saturation of text in various locations:

• Scroll entries in show information windows
  • Links
  • Chat window
  • Input fields

Blockquote

any way to return as it was? Low brightness fonts is very hard for my eyes.

3 Likes

Login = Worst UI font changes after 16.10. patch = pls fire your noob font coding artist :bangbang:

This looks like not professional coding :bangbang:
noob-ui-font-style-01

CCPls ask Google for professional help :bangbang: :bangbang:

6 Likes

For a long time people have talked about shrinking high sec and adding low sec or null between the empire space, so when trigs started playing out I thought wow maybe this might actually be something. Then it turns out the trigs are completely cut off by a pve wall and there is really no reason to go to trig land unless you are willing to engage in mind numbing pve. So instead of being something truly interesting or dynamic, trig space is like a new form of shattered whs - something that exists in the game but is not used by the vast majority of players. Also you made my jita trip twice as long so :fu:

4 Likes

Good old CCP, you can trust them 100% to fix things that don’t need fixing and to break things that don’t need breaking but never to fix anything that’s broken!

Why have you changed all the fonts? The game now reads like something a 3yr-old knocked up on his dad’s etch-a-sketch! I am having severe difficulties reading the text now DESPITE ALREADY wearing glasses. Please do the right thing and change it back!

8 Likes

Tell me, friends from CCP, how is this
1Capture1
an actual improvement over this
1Capture2

in other words… ffs

6 Likes

And:

The overview font is way to bold :rage:

noob-ui-font-style-02

And:

The rightclickmenu in space is for font style “large” way to small and has a diffrent font style :rage:

noob-ui-font-style-03

Please made this font thickness from the rightclickmenu as global font thickness in the client :bangbang: :bangbang:

3 Likes

yea my eyes hurt so much when reading for more than 1minute pls guys provide an option for returning back to the way it was

2 Likes

There’s no guarantee you will like it, but since you provide this thread, here’s some honest feedback.

Version 18.10 Is a mess…

Gameplay:
This Zenith thing fell short, from a Zenith one would expect a climax, but the thing went quite limp instead.

UI:
The fonts are now a complete mess, they’re subpar for readability and functionality, and they lack uniformity across UI elements.
The new soundscapes are not enjoyable, but a mess. The incessant “baaaaa baaaaaaa” tuba sounds in Amarr stations are annoying. Sun flares one can hear across an entire solar system, what ?!
The little red monster :red_circle: is still there, still not a toggable feature but a persistent mess.
The ctrl-shift-F9 thing with its big splash of text across the screen, self-defeating mess, isn’t it.

Conclusion:
MZt2Y

5 Likes

Just stop messing with the font jesus… it wasn’t broken in the first place.

Also at least give us a reason WHY you changed it and the font scaling !

4 Likes

What a mess CCP made with those fonts! That would be a great lesson if CCP would be able to learn something. :joy:

2 Likes

They would just give some made up excuse as per usual. :stuck_out_tongue:

FTFY :wink: