Version 18.11 - General Feedback

The hangar view of the new Jita 4-4 station is wrong. It’s still the Under Construction hangar and the sparking wall pieces do not inspire confidence.

Speaking of hangars: When will CCP finally fix the hangars in the first place? Amarr still has this weird Triglavian feel.

The new ESS is so much fun. It spams your Notification widget with notifications that open your Notifications window, which has no notifications about that at all because the ESS apparently only creates one notification that gets renewed with every new notification.

It also spams notifications to every char in system, even though I never put any ISK into this thing.

And why can’t I sort the list results for Specific region by jumps? I mean, yeah, sure, it’s fun that I know that a system 8 jumps away has 0 ISK in the ESS, but what about the systems right around me? One or two jumps away is not even shown, the closest for me is 6 jumps. Is this the kind of “discovery experience” that this Agency developer at CCP is so proud of?

5 Likes

If you think players had any role on the fall of niarja you are very naive… All systems would fall to pochven exactly as they did not matter player interactions, this was planned since the beginning.

4 Likes

and so it begins. a neon sign that says “free isk here” as if ganking lazy pvp types needed more help locating targets. solo marauder comes in steals bank and leaves . so much for glorious planning and improved combat. bubbles outside the gate do nothing. again, ccp vision and reality quite far apart. this is just a take away for pve players regardless how much isk they were earning. the only goal achieved here is a reduction in isk. not improved gameplay.

also , allowing filaments is an instant get out of jail free. if you cant warp you shouldnt be able to filament either

2 Likes

filaments dont work inside the ESS pocket

tell that to the guy that filamented out after stealing our ESS., he wound up landing 6 jumps away on top of some miners.

2 Likes

then report is to in Known issues, because according to patch notes that should not work.

1 Like

were they on top of the ESS or at least 75km out before they filamented? if they were on top of the ESS then submit a report that its a broken mechanic.

Are the figures out now? How much will the ESS steal from the player?

The new jump clone icons (the “heads-in-jars” on the left-hand side of the Jump Clones tab) appear to have different colorations/shadings. Is this meant to indicate something? I don’t see any correlation between location or number/type of implants and the shading used in the icon.

1 Like

I’ve got one green, and 2 blue… the green happens to be the same station i’m sitting in at the moment…

Another nail in the coffin of industry, the only downside to free boosters removed.

Gameplay:

• Added the ability to redeem Daily Login Gifts boosters while in space.

It is like they are pissed at PA and destroying the primary asset on purpose.

1 Like

What does being able to redeem DLG boosters in space have to do with ruining industry?

Obviously they are giving away something for free that players produce.

Maybe they should just give out free ships and be done with it.

But they have been doing that for ages now. You just redeem them when you are docked. This change is to allow you to redeem them when you are in space, rather than docked in a station. It’s limited to 1 gift per day, and correct me if im mistaken, but aren’t they random too?

I’m not sure how I feel about this overhaul. It’s more informative… but you need to mouseover the implants to actually know what they are, and it takes up a fair bit more real estate for the clones you don’t care about right then. Hrm.

2 Likes

@Arrendis Not sure about the “more informative”, pretty certain about “less informative”. If you rename the clone, as you have on a few (legion, armor logi), you lose the information on their location (I assume the green one is your current one). When you would jump to your clone in e.g., X9HC you will have two clones with unspecified location, or perhaps it resets the name to a default one and you lose the info you put in ?

Having to mouse over every implant, in contrast to having it written out as it was, is a punishment. I have mouse over delays set to long, to have as little distraction as possible.

Obviously designed by someone who never used jump clones or implants, but with lots of time to mouse over tiny icons. The old jump clone tab was better in every aspect. They could have just added the “rename” feature to it instead of overhauling a perfectly working tab.

7 Likes

I like the ability to rename clones, very handy and something that ive seen asked for many times

I think we will become used to it. I do find all the options to filter interesting as I jump about every day or two

m

I think the added 115% boost to ratting is awesome. Only issue is that you have to kill your neutral alts 1st to make the index go up. Couldn’t you just skip this step and have it put @ 115% permanently. Makes more sense to me.

Does the super-carrier change work in WH space. Cause that would be a game changer?

3 hours is too damn long for ESS. Not everyone is in a mega NS block. 1 hour is more reasonable. What if I’m solo ninja ratting or do it for 1-2 hours per day. Forcing people to wait 3 hours for a payout is just wrong.

This is how you fix your program should you care:

1. Don’t punish your players. You can learn this from WoW. Instead let the index remain @ 100%. If no ratting occurs this value can rise with time till it reaches 150% bounty and goes back down to 100%. Have this number be something reasonable like every 1 hour without a bounty payment the index goes up by 5% and goes down by 1% for every 100m in bounties paid.

2. Remove mandatory ESS. Let the ESS be something deployed like any other structure in EVE. BP are bought from the CONCORD store and no bounty payments are given out by CONCORD unless an ESS is deployed. Let them last long enough (48 hours). Let players choose where they want to deploy them & in which systems. Reduce the payout to 1 hour to support solo players and smaller corporations. When setting up the ESS you select the payout duration (1, 2, 3, 6 hours). 1 hour has ESS bottom out at 85% bounty. 6 hours has a bottom of 125%.

3. Return the ores for the miners. You want people to interact with your game. Removing ores and forcing people to play the game a certain way should be stopped. Those responsible should be given a strong talking to. If there is too much ore production find other ways to balance it out. Reward players who play the way you want as an incentive. Alternative solutions:

• Limit the amount of ore that can be stored in stations.
  • Make refining ores a process that takes time just like other industry activities.
  • Increasingly more difficult pirate spawns in mining sites.
  • Have all ores / minerals expire after a certain period (ie 6 months). That will remove ores directly.
  • NPC buy orders.
  • Make PVP an actual ISK making activity. Currently you cannot earn ISK by engaging in PVP. If PVP resulted in direct ISK payments that were profitable, more people would engage in this. Instead people spend their days trying to exploit the games mechanics so that afterwards they can lose their money in PVP. I would really like to see a pirate mechanism where I can capture an enemy ship intact together with its cargo. I would also like to see a mercenary mechanic where pirates can be hunted & payments given out afterwards.
8 Likes