Version 18.11 - General Feedback

No you don’t. I blurred my locations out with a radial blurr. That’s the pattern that looks like concentric rings. Here, lemme go ahead and give away a bunch of info on my clones since none of this is really opsec where my frikkin’ pod is concerned anyway. :wink:

As you can see, the location info is preserved. Things like ‘JC-OUY3’ aren’t locations, they’re… serial numbers? Key IDs in the database? And I dunno what the different colored icons on the left mean, either. And you don’t have to mouseover every implant, you mouseover the block of them, and it displays the full slate. There’s more subtle info available without the mouseover if you’re paying attention, but I don’t think that’s intentional. (Like how I’ve been a lazy ■■■■ and not plugged in my nirvana set for the Hel until just after taking this screenshot. How can I tell that? Because the attribute-booster implants in that clone aren’t faction implants. So either they’re basic +4-5s, or they’re Genolutions. [Hint: they were Genolutions])

1 Like

WTF with that ugly clone jump page.

• Fix bugs and stop changing useless things
  • The page take more place and give less information

So much useless, and ugly with that ■■■■ mouse over display

Bring back our MIRC server from 2003

• We still having EVERYDAY issue with your bugged ingame chats!
2 Likes

Remember, EVE is temporary, Wu-Tang is forever

2 Likes

so lets see if i understand this. CCP wants us to spread out more. BUT we need to stay in system to guard the ESS. CCP says they want to impact mega groups and botters, but small groups cant do pve and also park extra players just to watch and guard, seems like mega is the way to go. hundreds of sklls for mining, refining, building things, but only some of them work in your space now. so unless you have isk and hauling support you are stuck building nothing. How is this making the game better ? even the ones robbing the ESS will soon start whining that no one is ratting anymore. we had a group come in today and complain there wasnt enough in our ESS to bother with. Isnt it wonderful that CCP provides the thieves an easy roadmap to where the money is. its all a bit much

8 Likes

So, once again it seems CCP forgot NPC null exists.

Specifically, these CONCORD bounty changes are also in force in NPC null (Stain, GW, Curse, Syndi, etc.). Thing is, one of the good sources of income out there are missions, which send you to specific systems and cannot be mobile like ratting anoms is.

So how do mission-runners in NPC null deal with their bounty income in missions getting nerfed? They can’t move around, so they just have to eat the reduction?

Also, on another note, the new clone interface is worse in every way. Not just æsthetics; it actually gives less information, while taking more effort to retrieve it, and with the added danger that the option to destroy clones is now right next to a button you probably use a lot!

Cripes, what a mess.

6 Likes

the really funny part in all this is some pve players will leave the game , lost income to ccp. pvp players that have pve alts to earn isk to plex their accounts will simply use the ESS isk instead. so their pve alts wont be needed. another net loss. the ones that were buying plex rather than pve for isk will no longer need to buy plex with cash, they will use in game isk. Has anyone at CCP looked at the net impact on revenue?

5 Likes

In the Agency under ESS, changing the Min Value for the Main or Reserve Banks fails to match any systems, even if changed back to the default value 10,000,000. Only after clicking Reset All will checking a Min Value box yield any search results.

Setting Bounty Risk Modifier Max to 114% and checking the box matches systems with Risk Modifier of 115%. Setting it to 113% properly filters systems at 115%.

1 Like

The new Jump Clone interface really needs to put the NAME of the JC first and into focus, not the system. The name gives away what the purpose of the clone is, not the system.

where did this happen? I haven’t seen this issue since the patch, but if you have pictures that’d be cool so I know what to look out for as well

ty sir, appreciate the time you took to explain (and me being downright frightened to fire up the update - I usually wait until at least some of the most blatant bugs get a fix).

If only “they” would show some icons on the ship hangar or a flashing red sign (dot ?) for ships that don’t have their rigs installed, jk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Null security space is for player vs player ship battle.

so industry players that build the ships dont belong?

Following that logic, no PVP could be allowed in hisec then?

2 Likes

This is horrible logic.

Just because one area of space allows for X does not inherently mean that another area of space must not allow for X.

Thats my point exactly

3 Likes

Your comment was the horrible logic post, btw, not his.

No, claiming that nullsec is only for pvp is the dumb thing.

4 Likes

Null Security is where Player vs Player ship battle is allowed at all times. That’s not its purpose. The purpose is to allow empire building and sandbox style space control. Player vs Player ship battle is just a product of the system

1 Like

Where did the commenter say it was “only” for PvP?

What did the author mean with

• Allow planetary resource scan (min/max resource limit) to be unique with each planet
  • Added the ability to add Activity Tracking to the Information Panel
  • Added more connections between sections of the Agency and the Activity Tracker
  • Improved the Help Pointers when the element is not on the screen (they were merged into a single pointer window section)
  • More pointers added to the Agency and character sheet (same as above)
  • Updated notification functionality for the Redemption Queue (nvm, it was redeeming queue, the red dot is indeed better behaved now after some obligatory attention from the user…)

??

General feedback:

1. I regret, but the lack of solid (and timely) documentation on changes in the UI is not part of the fun of discovering new elements in the game. Same for the lack of any numeric info blog on ESS and DBS. EDIT: deleted, thank you @Scoots_Choco
  2. I have the impression that some recent changes were inspired by touch screen programmers, like the new Agency > Exploration content where you need to drag the last (half) panel to the left to see the next panel. A scroll bar at the bottom would have been more suitable for a pc environment, and consistent with the rest of the UI.
  3. Collecting abandoned drones was a fairly lucrative business opportunity, especially when people forget augmenteds and faction drones. The new mollycoddling, probably intended for those poor rookies who will now never learn an important lesson, ended it. There is a slim chance it may make going into warp just a bit slower for the one attempting to flee, you know, panic and all, that’s cool.
  4. Slight (because expected) disappointment about the red dot feature still not being an optional feature.
  5. A mouse over feature for important information (like implants in a clone) instead of typing it out is not a good choice. I think the available space on a window is better served with detailed info than mere eye candy in a game like EvE.
  6. It is now possible to cancel an in-progress target lock” <–THIS. Still haven’t figured out how. The obvious things like holding ctrl or ctrl+shift don’t work. Creating a new keybind for toggle lock target doesn’t do anything either.
  7. Thank you for making the Redeeming Queue red dot marker 1) only showing the number of new items, circumventing the problem of counting over 7, and 2) making it disappear after opening the Redeem Window.
1 Like