Version 19.02 - General Feedback

It`s just a NAME of a Expert System. Not more. Wake up bro! 2021!

The skill Interceptors IV does not give you any advantage in the Grand Prix race.
literally useless for racing.
Interceptors I all you needed.
Say thanks to marketers.

It did however give you a chance in the arena that finished today. Interceptor I would not have been sufficient.

Stop being a CCP apologist and buy a Luxury yacht.

1 Like

The problem with that is what they get is not in context, they won’t even know what an interceptor is for let alone how to use it.
It’s all fine to give someone a ship that can fly through bubbles, but if they don’t know what a bubble even is, or for that mater how to go find one to fly through in the first place they just bought something, got a useless first impression of it and then poof it’s gone.
Same thing with exploration ships, if you don’t know how to scan things down, hack, bookmark things, and use those bookmarks once you have made them be they safe points or wormhole exits, you have a ship that you don’t know how to fly.
The “new user experience” is a mess, and this makes it worse by being misleading. CCP has not listened to the people who have to answer the exact same questions day after day in rookie chat, instead they do things like remove the ability to resume the tutorial from the agency window and make new people file a ticket to get it reset if they do something like dock for the night.

1 Like

That doesn’t solve anything. Why would a Luxury yacht be any useful on an alt that cannot cloak? :confused:

Heaven forbid you have to spend a couple skill points to get to cloaking 4. By all means, keep throwing your money away, just don’t pretend its not supporting the misguided direction CCP has been taking the game of late.

1 Like

Did I say anything about throwing money away? I was talking about the free Interceptor Expert System.

You’ve got me there. I do not miss the days of the endless swarms of unengageable interceptor fleets roaming for easy kills.

Trust CCP to hand it out for free. Enjoy your free taxi pass.

I don’t know when it happened but apparently CCP added a new graphical effect to hacking containers that makes them flash red when you hacked them. I am really uncomfortable with that because red flashing hacking containers used to mean that they are exploding. While this is of no consequence in normal data sites, it is quite disorienting in Covert sites as exploding containers there mean you are dead.

1 Like

I am trying to think of a nice way of communicating how unenthusiastic the last couple of updates have been. The removal of the red dot menace was both good and bad, good in that there is now a option that can be toggled, bad in that it too so long for this feature to be added to the game. The Grand Prix event, while the first of its format, is marred by leaderboard issues and routes that quickly became camped. The last patch, with changes to the target spectrum breaker being a change to sig radius, on a ship class that isn’t known for signature tanking…meanwhile low security space hasn’t had any meaningful changes to the mechanics, null is still worthless without passive moon ore, except its necessary for building supers, which are only needed to get more null space, and the whole time more and more multi boxing one man armies are up to some really suspicious activity that puts the Alpha[1…99] Beta[1…99] d-scan scraping cloaky campers look like amateurs.

Where’s the good stuff?

Is all the stuff being saved up for the next fanfest?

2 Likes

This is clearly intended behaviour. The event is about survival and exploration, not speed. They admitted that the speed runs were tagged on at the last moment.

on the other hand is ccp not able to track times properly.

weeks in reykjavik have 9 days ?

3 Likes

The week is clearly itself in “Slow Mode”…

2 Likes

Then call it Le Mans and not Grand Prix.

2 Likes

For the upcoming wormhole mass changes for individual ships allowed in, where can one find the exact mass limits for each class of wormhole? (C1 is now for “large” ships including Orca and Battleships, but some Battleships apparently do not fit, for example).

http://www.hoboleaks.space/

“attributes per type” tab. Just note that this is data only from sisi so can be bit different when published on TQ. CCP itself didn’t post any exact numbers yet.

*knockknock again

Perhaps the button to remove Slow Mode was entangled in the red dot code ?

4 Likes