Version 19.04 - General Feedback

I (and lots of others) have the sigs docked in the map. This change has no positive impact on people who do this and want to retain it. I honestly do not want to log back in today because scanning down sigs and doing what I have done for a solid decade or so has been made to feel awkward and unnatural because someone at CCP prefers to have the sigs to the right of the map for - and I cannot emphasise this enough - absolutely no discernible reason.

6 Likes

Half of them.

4 Likes

Usual UI update from CCP. Motivates us to explore interface.

I found 2 new features while searching workaround for scanning window. One of them is quite useful.

PS I added it to my “not so important chats” window
PPS I have also “important chat” window

Hello CCP !
There is a problem with the interface.

it was difficult to figure out how to return these buttons to their place, why not make the old setting standard?

3 Likes

The only thing I like is the pochven change even though I have 5 standings already, only becuase its more people to shoot, but I mean yesterday I was excited and now I mainly see graphics changes thats only art department, please show us the stuff the main guys are working on the content that we all craving for months now.

No one wanted or asked for this. Stop trying to force transparency mode, and work about trying to fix the FPS drop when you open up any form of window.

7 Likes

There is new feature named always above fullscreen views

New_UI_bad_1

1 Like

Yes, I know, I found it, but in general it seems to me that this should initially be the standard.

1 Like

People really love this Always On Top fullscreen thing. This makes things like probing and still being able to see chats and the overview an impossible thing.

1 Like

Can we please get the correct scanning interface back? It was perfect the way it was why would you effectively mirror it for users?

2 Likes

was the QA team at work before they deployed this?

3 Likes

And why is this option called “Light Background”? The background does not become lighter. It becomes impossible to read, which makes your head become lighter from the nausea, but that’s it. This option needs to be renamed to what it actually does: Enable/Disable Transparency.

It is also great that CCP started throwing big patches around without announcing them at all. In the past, you would get advance notice when CCP wanted to release a big patch. Nowadays, they just throw the stuff on TQ one day and no one knows when. And in addition, they make patch notes more vague and demand that we figure things out that are supposed to be in the patch notes because patch notes are a track record of the changes CCP does to the game.

5 Likes

I love the above fullscreen option, scanning fullscreen with all informations available is great.

you re a lifesaver haha

What does the ‘always on top fullscreen’ thing do? I was too busy being screwed over by completely unannounced, unexplained changes to the UI.

The sheer disdain of CCP to drop this in with no notice or justification genuinely makes me want to cancel my accounts. I mean it’s so intrinsic to my day to day in Eve that I genuinely just don’t see the point in persevering with something that broken. Would rather take a month off until they ‘fix’ it and then pretend that’s some kind of triumph of development.

Oh, and I run a development team/UX/Product and own a platform with millions of yearly users. The idea of doing this to people who are entrenched in a system with no explanation at all is so anathema to anyone with an ounce of professionalism that I think it’s fair to assume you have none as a company. Utter garbage.

Still, can’t wait for a NEW SKIN (that nobody actually wants) TO DROP NEXT WEEK!!! And what’s this? 250,000 skill points? A pile of skills for 7 days and some rubbish skins for ships people don’t fly? Bargain!

Look forward to being censored for telling you the truth that you need to hear before you immolate this game any further.

5 Likes

Which brain-amputated monkey has thought up that it would be a great idea if all windows are minimized when you go to the planetary production overview or open the probe scanner in full screen ???
No!! it’s not a good idea. please fix that

4 Likes

Why are the item cost changes not listed? A whole article of words telling me exactly nothing… Why?

1 Like

Use the always above fullscreen view button of the windows, it will pin them above any fullscreen view

Seeing all the people who complain about the realignment of dscan/probe scanner to the other side, it makes me wonder who provided CCP the valuable feedback to do this? Who told them this would be a good thing? Why did CCP not ask the playerbase if they would prefer it on the other side?

4 Likes

Haven’t tried planetary interaction yet after the update. But does it indeed close all windows including overview and local when the planet window is open? That would be a very dangerous change, how am I to do PI if I cannot see the threats landing next to my Epithal?

1 Like