Version 19.08 - Feedback and Known Issues (Mac)

Hello there,

Another monthly update (Version 19.08) begins today. Please use this thread for general feedback and reporting on issues for Mac clients found in this version.

Quick Info:

Other Information Threads:

KNOWN ISSUES:

Known issues on both platforms:

Known issues on Mac:

• Wine client currently not supported on M1 machines.

You can no longer see how long a skill will take to train before you add it to queue

Macbook Pro 16gb M1:
Eve Portal is starting but the game isn’t (worked well before). Have tried different Wine-versions (4.17 worked before) but I can’t even get into the game right now.

What macOS version are you currently running?

11.3 (20E232)

Continuing the discussion from Version 19.08 - Feedback and Known Issues (Mac):

11.3 (20E232)

I get this as a gaming “window” :stuck_out_tongue:
Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 19.34.56

(more than happy to test the M1 Beta <3 )

Unfortunately, we currently don’t support Wine on M1.
There is a thread here (which you may already be aware of) where this topic has been discussed:

I would suggest trying the workaround listed in that post with the same settings. If that doesn’t work, the only other suggestion we have is to update your macOS to 11.5 and see if the issue persists.

I wish I could recommend more, but those are the only solutions we have right now.

That is the settings I had before yes, and tried now as well. I’ll try to update MacOS and test again.

I hope the M1 version of Eve isn’t too far away…

Update:
Managed to get it working after trying a lot of things. What worked was uninstalling the game + cache etc.
Installing it new, go into launcher preferences, Verify downloaded files, some was removed in that process and THEN it worked. Same settings for Wine as before.

2 Likes

I’ve been getting issues since the last patch where if I click on a Tabbed UI element, such as chat window or inventory it will cause the client to freeze and become nonrespondent, forcing a hard reset of the process.

Workaround: right-click the skill name and search the contextual menu. You may find the duration in the description of the adding command. That’s not easy and I hope this will change!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.