Version 19.08 - Known Issues

I have had the same issue. Would love to hear what is happening about this.

1 Like

When I click on the Expert System button in the new skill sheet, it opens the Character window’s character header … but not in the Expert System tab on the first try. Only after the second click on the button it opens in the ES tab … :thinking:

I suggest you open a bug report (F12) specifically on the fact the skills did not apply.

I do have a ticket for pointing out that the window say “Est Saved none”, but I refrain from using my skill points on any alts that have that message, or even when there is an estimate, but ridiculously lower than what I would expect. The more people that report this, the better chance for CCP to get their fingers out their nose.

A common way to avoid things like this new skills window are to define the requirements associated with each dialog before you try revamping them. Things like what display sizes it has to support, all of the known functionality that it has to include, new requirements that you want to add … then when you test it, you write a test procedure that has a test for every requirement.
The requirements list need to be pretty detailed clear through to implementation requirements. High level requirements for a UI are not sufficient. You should always at least match the functionality of the old UI.
It doesn’t seem to me that you couldn’t have just modified your old interface to include your new requirements. I think it may have been a poor design decision to go with a poorly defined rewrite. The end result should be reconsidered.

So, how does one put the window back into an “undocked state”? Annoying that I don’t have a button to select and deselect character view.

grafik

Something not completely related this patch in particular but it has been an issue since CCP introduced their stupid Light UI theme. The buttons that are pre-focussed are not highlighted properly. There is no way to know which button is preselected so that you can just press Enter instead of having to move the mouse. Would be very nice if CCP could finally fix this.

What is this useless filter “In Ship” supposed to do? It hides all jump clones even though I am sitting in one in a ship in space. Being in a ship in a structure doesn’t give any results either.

1 Like

It’s only a jump clone if it’s in a ship (ie clone vat) and you aren’t in the clone. Once your in the clone, it’s no longer in the clone bay and your previous clone is a jump clone likely in station.

1 Like

Thanks for the pointer. Calling it “In Clone Vat Bay” would be clearer.

Please for the love of god and all that is holy. PLEASE roll back the skill window or give us the option to view the “Classic” version. This thing is a massive design miss.

• The window is HUGE
  • It can barely be resized
  • You can no longer see how much SP you have in each group (Without hovering)
  • When playing on “standard” HD resolutions (1920x1080) or god forbid (1600x900), having this open makes the rest of the UI unusable.

New and improved is not always “Improved”. And decisions that result in fixed size windows (Hypernet), effectively fixed sized windows (this), or windows with MASSIVE amounts of white space are ALL BAD.

This game has SOOO many different widgets, introducing layout breaking “Enhancements” like this are just really poorly thought out.

Again, to summarize, PLEASE roll back the skill window or give us the option to view the “Classic” compact version.

7 Likes

I agree!

Why do I have to add a skill to my skill queue to see how long it would take to train it? Why can I not get that information when I hover the skill, like I could before?

Where can I see how much SP I already have trained in a skill? How many SP’s / min am I currently training?? I cannot see this anywhere, I used to see this when I hover a skill previously.

Also the useless 3d character must be removable (resource/space hog)!! Put it in the character info so people can see it there (if they want).

Hate this new “improvement” (LOL) This is a step backwards, a bad joke, a dysfunctional eyesore. They also removed the Network Diagnostics from the launcher!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Both of these are NOT!!! in any way improvements.

3 Likes

Is CCP ever going to fix the issue that we cannot remotely trash anything in a structure? Would be really nice because crap piles up all over the place and traveling there was made much more inconvenient by CCP recently.

1 Like

Look under skill info, and a blue + to the right. It holds most info. I’m starting to think ccp did that, because they think newbros look at info of a skill before buying or training after injection.

A bug I did not see listed yet: Ctrl+Shift+F9 …UI-only mode… does not hide the big 3d character. (but it does hide spaceships, stations and other 3d objects like it did before)

Is kill rights not appearing for anyone? I checked on my character screen and I don’t see any kill rights against me, even though I’ve podded alot of people. All it says is “No kill rights found”.

edit: restarted the game a few hours later and all my kill rights are back. strange.

I only own killrights thus none against me but those properly show up for me.

As of 9/20/21 my inventory is no longer displaying properly when docked and only giving me access to items inside the ship I am in.

Sarah , this is a long term rare ish bug, try changing ships or un-dock and re-dock

Zhalyd Lyehin:
Hi, if it really “bugs” you set up an alt chr and contract the junk out to them

And how is that solving anything? :thinking: This stuff should be gone, not moved to a different character. No to mention that this creates new and more notifications that I have to click away all the time, and I have to create and then log in other chars that I don’t need. All that just so that CCP can remain lazy about their dumb development practices? Come on.

1 Like