Version 19.09 - General Feedback (Mac)

today i was finally able to run Eve in Movaje 10.14.6 and im kinda dissapointed, personally i wont change stability for better graphics.

i mean the game have a great upgrade in graphics and it looks amazingly gorgeous BUUUT a very big but is that the game gave me dissconections every 5 to 10 mins. Tried several connections with wifi, lan link, different internet suppliers and nothing, it keep crashing.

sometimes i got an eternal animation gate jump, even in abyss got +3 to 4 mins loading screen and then another disconnection hit me, just to log in back to discover i lost my hawk. :frowning:

previous wine version were a lot better and player friendly, now the only thing i can confident enough is docking

Hey is there a way with the new Mac Client to still implement this?

when will you fix that glich for mojave?, correct me if im wrong but it should be suppose to be a native mac client but it isnt working well enough yet, so we look forward to get this several issues fixed?
if not, are we getting an option to get the wine version back? i definitely go back to the wine version.
pls plz fix it

i lost that hawk btw, thnx to the new native glitchy eve

You could try and ask CCP to have the ship back. If they find it happened because of a glitch there should be no issue

I think there is still a bit of optimisation to do for lags.
With my iMac on boot camp I have 0 lags regardless of the situation, while on the MacOS partition it is quite laggy on warp initiation and end, as well as during the gate animation.
Also, in wormhole space, the sleeper sites got me to laggy that it was barely playable…
I’ll try to download the whole client to see whether it improves things

1 Like

they said its not their fault

Yeah, true. While in normal conditions it runs smoother than in bootcamp, in other situations it’s worse. For me it was the abyss sites (which are bad also on Bootcamp, but not as much).

Luckily I got ganked after the third run on the mac native client, so no abyss for a while for me… LOL

Ouch, sorry to hear that

Absolutely LOVING the rollout of the Native Mac client. The ONLY issue I’ve noticed so far is that when running multiple clients I do not have “mouse-over to focus window” anymore like I had in the WINE client. It’s now “Click to focus window” which doubles the amount of mouse clicks.

It’s a very small thing, but noticeable once you realize what’s happening.

2 Likes

In-game FPS counter displays what your GPU is rendering at, which isn’t necessarily what your display can handle – ie given enough GPU it can go over 60 using your Mac’s built-in display.

Not true, at least, not for me. The FPS counter tops at 60FPS in my built in monitor (which is 60Hz). On the external monitor it tops at 60FPS if I set it at 60Hz and at 75 FPS if I set it at 75Hz. This regardless of the EVE graphics settings.

I am looking forward to seeing what the new M1 Pro and M1 Max machines do with eve.

I ordered the fully spec’d 16" with the M1 Max, I am super duper curious about this as well!

Please post performance, im about to order one

Just finished our weekly wormhole op with my corp. Ran perfectly on macOS! Thank you CCP! Only problem that remains is docked in Jita crashes (EBR-225131) and I have to set Shader Quality to Low in Jita. Other than that runs amazing! Thanks again.

Three minor (?) issues:

1. The location of the messages window (“Enter moving mode for messages”) resets frequently after I’ve changed it. It does seem to happen inconsistently about once or twice per day, and I guess it has something to do with signing into a different character on the same account.

2. When another window has been active (web browser or whatever), the only way to bring the focus back to the EVE window is (at least) one left click. I often find myself right-clicking something in EVE and it just won’t work.

3. Clicking on URLs in EVE opens a web browser, but sometimes the URL seems to be truncated and the website won’t load correctly.

Will do, should be arriving in a few days :star_struck:

Problems I am seeing with the updated Mac client

• The sheer number of random disconnects when jumping through a Stargate. Can easily be 2-4 disconnects/night. Jump will start, client will disconnect and need to be restarted. Loging back in shows ship sitting in destination system at the gate ready to go (no warping to location f rom the ether).

• Dragging game windows such as chat or inventory causes the window to show severe jitter. (not continuous)

• No Window focus on mouse over. Very annoying when running multiple clients. Have to select the window then the ui element (hopefully the window select grabbed on the first click).

• Remembering window/client last opening position no longer seems to be there. Don’t know if it was there in the first place, but I could always count on my clients opening where I last had them open. Now it seems to randomly switch monitors depending on where it would annoy me most. Monitor with mouse focus makes no difference. Mouse location makes no difference.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.