Version 19.10 - General Feedback

Wrong.

Good. I hope they stop spamming corp invites.

I hope they do a lot more to make spammy CEO and corp lives awkard.

1 Like

Fixed an issue with the Mission Info Panel where the “Warp to Location” button is sometimes missing.

Thank you CCP! It has been a tiny annoying bug for a long time. Thank you for fixing it - now there is one less irritating bug and I hope more bugs are clobbered soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The server’s again a marvel of stability. Yet another day with already four five disconnects within 15 minutes.

REDNES

Undock: bang pop, crackle, fizzle, whizz
…wtf is going on…
Pop crack bang whizz
…help my ship is coming apart…
land on grid: bang + bang’s echo (in the vacuum of space, imagine that eh, someone didn’t get the memo it’s a space game) aka double whammy
start mwd: “BANG” + sound of Hellmar’s golf cart racing to the next deep hole
Stop mwd: “BANG” that effin’ thing seems to be backfiring as well

Shoot npc, ignore meaningless noises, collect sp
warp back to station: BANG + pop, fizzle, whizzle
Docking: at last
Log off

Someone please interrupt the trollfest that is happening in the sound engineers’ studio and explain to them the meaning of cacophonia please ? Soundscapes can help immersion but this one is no longer useful audio feedback and makes one scared to undock.
Disappointing, to put it mildly, and worthy of a Razzie award for sfx. You just made a bad year worse, I’m sorry to say.
not-listening-gollum

4 Likes

Sonic booms on a space? cmon, space is a vacuum.
And those sound of engines are so horrible.

The engine sounds are much more impressive, thank you very much! :+1:

1 Like

I don’t mind the warp sound, like it even - the problem is that it appears to be the same for every ship. A pod should obviously sound different than a battleship - I imagine this will be improved over time.

1 Like

You won’t win this one friend, even Star Trek and Star Wars had space sounds - in EVE, you can even hear the space wind gusting about. It’s not very realistic, but it’s better than just endless silence.

1 Like

Welcome to life of a Minmatar Pilot!

1 Like

When did they kill the jukebox? Anyway, that was when Eve Sound got turned off.
Too many good podcasts and Netflix to bother with what CCP passes off as sound effects or should that be Affects.
Without the jukebox Eve audio is just annoying noises

CCP and learning go together as well as water and oil. The instancing is spreading.

REDNES

2 Likes

If you’re still seeing a black screen when undocking, please try verifying your shared cache.
You can do this by opening the launcher settings (small cog in the top right) > Tools/Cache > Shared Cache > Verify

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, please submit a support request and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Use the following for a jukebox alternative

https://www.foobar2000.org/

No need to reinvent the wheel with a square one when a perfectly round one exists.

Would you prefer an offline mode switch like Elite Dangerous?

Yeah, it’s bad, CCP continues to go cheap. But for this particular site it looks like you have to come back to the entrance a second time in order to get your price.

CCP seems to prefer to cater to people who liked to have that switch. You seem to like that switch.

And then you can’t get in if someone’s camping you. :joy: We are back at the remarks about 3 afk pods blocking SCC sites.

They cater for multiboxers who can only compete with wallet size.

I prefer a fun and fair game.

Most of the time I’m in quiet areas exploring deep space, not playing dock games, mine the rocks or gate camp.

I also hear lots of tears when I mess with markets.

Imaging having to use a multibox fleet of 15+ account characters to play a game, that’s just ludicrious.

What I want to see is a multiboxer vs multiboxer so they can multibox each other into oblivion. Oh wait, they never tend to pick on their own size.

1 Like

Better than being able run these sites without having to worry about a thing. But as said, you like the offline mode switch.

REDNES

I said nothing of the sort, stop jumping to conclusions.

Instances are here to stay by the looks of it, deal with it. I don’t do them myself but accept they’re here.

It’s not 2003 any more, the market changed.