Version 19.10 - General Feedback

Salutations, Capsuleers,

A new monthly deployment (Version 19.10) and a new EVE Online quadrant begin today!

As always, please use our feedback threads to talk about any changes that will be going live to Tranquility for the next month and keep an eye on the Known Issues to see what our teams already have on their radar in terms of bugs.

Quick Info:

Other Information Threads:

3 Likes

Great to see that CCP finally managed to introduce a button in the launcher to trigger the download of an update without having to manually restart the launcher.

NEW EXPLORATION SITES New Dawn - New Quadrant | EVE Online

I take it all of these sites have been tested extensively and feedback from past tests of similar sites has been observed and checked against to prevent the same mistakes from taking place yet again. Right?

Too bad that the NES button is still there. Oh well…

REDNES

4 Likes

Corporations can now select only one main category: PVE, PVP, Trade & Industry, and a maximum of four activities when posting an ad.

Decreased the Primary Time Zone range to a maximum of eight-hour period and removed the Secondary Time Zone option.

:-1:

4 Likes

Corporations can now select only one main category: PVE, PVP, Trade & Industry, and a maximum of four activities when posting an ad.

Decreased the Primary Time Zone range to a maximum of eight-hour period and removed the Secondary Time Zone option.

:+1:

7 Likes

How realistic would it be to have an option for adverts to show actual activities?

• Number of users online over the course of the day. Averaged over the last 30 days.
  • M3 mined by the corp in the past 30 days.
  • Rats destroyed in the past 30 days.
  • FW captures…
  • Exploration sites completed…
  • Hours/gate jumps in hisec/lowsec/nullsec…

Stuff like that.

I’m assuming the data is somewhere because it’s in the activity tracker.

27 Likes

Actually useful data like activity levels would be invaluable to me as a CEO

2 Likes

Well, I can see how people would not like the corp ad changes. For example, some corps actually do have significant activity in different TZ’s, so it would suck to not be able to have your corp ad reflect that. But, that being said, there are definitely a lot of corps that lie (or are extremely aspirational) when it comes to their ads. So, hopefully this will lead to more accurate corp ads.

Of course, I really like Daichi’s idea. Don’t know how hard it would be, but that seems like a more ideal solution.
No P2W

5 Likes

Yeah, plus the one important metric, kill statistics. How many PvP engagements, green/red ratio.

1 Like

@CCP_Dopamine - the new engine sounds on my Orca are awful, sounds like an old car backfiring badly every time I warp. Classic case of unnecessary change, for the worse.

15 Likes

In space, no one can hear you scream. But they can hear your Orca fart…

EDIT - have just flown a Sigil, even worse. Not only the farts but also sounds like a violin being tortured.

5 Likes

Having cap components drop from sites instead of just lowering material requirements to something more reasonable is an idiotic change that’ll cause more harm than just admitting you were wrong and fixing industry.

5 Likes

Why this? More content, more players in space … isn’t this good?

2 Likes

Such constructive feedback. See if you can get your troll brigade to block this post as well.

1 Like

I can not in good conscious make any purchases during the November sales. It makes no sense to buy goods or services in November just to watch and see if CCP messes up mining or mining ships in December. It would have made more sense to bring out the ore and mining ship balance pass first to draw customers back to the game. Since you guys are putting the sales out first and then the changes. It make me wonder why? Maybe the changes going to be more of the same old nerf only BS of the last two years.

3 Likes

Whish there was a setting to mute the new awful warp sound. da fuq?

7 Likes

Whish there was a setting to mute the new awful warp sound. da fuq?

I completely agree on this one! These new engine sounds are terrible!

7 Likes

Ship ambiance 0 does the trick. Not sure what else I’m missing on but totally worth to bust the engine.

Happens with a freighter as well. Hate it!

1 Like

The new warp sound is annoying and it just gives me a headache.

4 Likes

New sounds are terrible and annoying.
This grinding sounds while in warp is gonna hurt my ears in long trips. People with low-quality sound system or laptops will have a hard time traveling.

And also this new sounds are impractical and do not give you anything in their context. Entering warp sounds like your are being attacked or in war zone, drone launch sounds like someone knocked down the door. Hope we will get back old sounds, they was much, much better.

5 Likes