Version 19.10 - General Feedback

Yea… Well… I do like the engine sounds in normal space so far. But warp feels like it had a vision and good intentions, but half way through ran out of time and just threw a bunch of junk together on top.
I don’t mind the more Elite Dangerous like feel to things tho… But it does feel overdone. I did like the subtlety of the old effects.
The new ones I think have potential, but yeah… The scraping boulder needs to go. Especially in the non-transition stages of warp.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the Corp Ad changes. As someone who has spent time trying to find a Corp, it’s pretty useless when every corp listed is “Active 22 hours a day, does PvE, PvP, mining, ship spinning, industry” only to find that hardly anyone is doing those activities when I log on. It didn’t occur to me that CEOs were incentivized to list every possible activity in order to maximize new recruits.

4 Likes

Your ignorance is showing. As a member of Thew’s Corporation I can guarantee you that we do infact have low and null sec roams/pvp, we have large fleet mining with boosts, daily Alliance wide mission running in all 4 faction areas. But I suppose you know everything already so I shouldn’t have to tell you this information. Perhaps you would like to follow me in the Wormhole diving group.

and there are plenty of “newbro” corps who snaggle in new bros with no inclination of what they offer in game, just to pad their numbers and say they do every activity and are “active” every hour that eve is up and running…

1 Like

You have corp where some people who do some pvp, mostly by tagging along with others and cheesing in on the kill. Lead by a CEO who doesn’t understand basic ship fitting showing he’s clueless, why would you want someone clueless to lead newbies? That just means they are being held back increasing the risk them remaining crappy as well. Do you think that’s a good idea?

You don’t need someone super special as CEO to have a decent corp, just someone who’s moderately competent.

1 Like

You are making assumptions based on facts you know nothing about. You are a 4 month old player, you obviously dont know enough about the game mechanics to have valid points on the topic.
The moment you started insulting, you lost all leverage in the disagreement. I thank you for your opinion, but some of us were trying to give constructive feedback to CCP.

1 Like

I’m not insulting, I’m pointing out facts. You just don’t like them.

The fact that you think a forum character age is somehow an actual player’s ingame age just shows how incredibly little you understand, mr drone damage mod Maller, and how unsuitable that makes you to be a CEO luring newbies into your corp. And it seems CCP agrees as they make it more difficult for the likes if you to do exactly that.

@Thew_Aziz @Aisha_Katalen
Stop your mud slinging, please. Both of ya.

As a CEO myself, I can see the annoyance from Thew being completely valid.
Though I also see Aishas points being valid as well!

Personally I am sort of neutral on the recruitment ad changes. It doesn’t affect me hugely either way.
Constraining the scope of what you can advertise is probably a good idea to be honest. As it is now, it is a mess in both making and finding ads that are actually relevant to both corp and potential recruits.
A TON of “everything” ads float around, because most CEOs make one ad to cover everything, and hence isn’t very targeted.
And from the other end, it is hard for recruits to gauge the relevancy of a corp on the basis of an ad.

Yes. CEOs have enough on their plate already. I agree. Hence, it would probably be a good idea to augment the Personnel Manager role to be able to manage corp ads.

But overall, it is honestly a minor thing, an no need to sling mud at each-other for. Agree to disagree.

1 Like

I’m more surprised there isn’t a CCP rep watching this thread, Curating, and getting rid of anything that isn’t general feedback.
Begs the question if they’re even watching at all.

p.s. when someone does eventually swoop through here, go ahead and remove this as well.

1 Like

It is commonly known that CCP listens more to Reddit than their own forums. :wink:

1 Like

I am of two minds about the suggestion of corp stats so you can be sure what they say is what they do. On the one hand? Yeah it would help to find the more active corps but on the other hand it is a lot of free intel for the more nefarious to use to their advantage.

m

4 Likes

The new sound of the engine is horrible. :frowning:

5 Likes

The people capable, and willing, to do wardecs like that can get such info anyway, just with a bit more effort. Under the old, old, wardec system you would have been correct as wardecs back then required no effort and were, to a point at least, done for different reasons.

Helping newbies sift through the myriad of clown corps that would just hold them back or at the very least not actively do the advertised play styles is far far more important. Nothing worse than starting a new MMO, being excited about it, joining a group that says they do the things YOU want to do, only to find that it’s a husk of a corporation where of the 100 listed members it’s really just 7 characters online, played by 2 players. And all they do is mine afk, not even in your time zone.

Instant let down and a “great” way to get newbies disillusioned and possibly quit because of it. I would say that stagnant crap corporations are a much bigger burden on newbie retention than any nasty pvper would ever be.

2 Likes

They go great with something like a stabber. But not so suited to other ship types. Make this the Minmatar engine sound and get other more refined sounds for the other races i think

a) That intel already exists with the use of ADMs and other data available through the API and in-game map.

b) If you think about it, you could corrupt the data you are putting off pretty easily if you just want to cover up the value of the intel.

c) It gives corps a goal to collectively work towards and allows the collective to seek collective mastery and progress. It is new numbers for achievers to pump up

d) It could potentially expose all kinds of different playstyles, and allow people to not only select a corporation, but specific activities one might want to do with a corporation, information I think is critical, and increased metrics displayed would help this.

I think it is the same sound for every ship in warp: sounds like a Minmatar ship tearing itself apart.
Please fix, ie get rid of it again.

2 Likes

well minmatar ships are held with ducttape, so it makes sense to sound like they are falling apart… buncha rust buckets.

Eh… These days they are almost as well put together as other empires ships.

Cue the old Stabber

Absolutely love the new engine sounds.

Didn’t read the patch notes, had no idea about this change, thought the YouTube video I had running in the background had accidentally skipped to a video of a Star Destroyer from Star Wars jumping into hyperspace. Then realized it happened every time I warped.

I know, low coffee intake today, don’t judge.

Still, love it.

1 Like

For who?
I imagine the likes of Snuff will be looking forward to having small groups of PVE fit marauders and dreads running sites in lowsec.