Version 20.03 - General Feedback

@CCP_Paragon
Does CCP have some kind of agreement with Logitech about making us use up our mice?
The new compression window is completely pointless, there is absolutely no need for extra clicks when current compression was right click and compress. The window is not bringing anything useful.

If we could drag new ore to it in order to compress it that would make it slightly useful (drag and drop vs. right click) but it’s not capable of that due to:

• There is no drag and drop functionality in order to keep the window as simple as possible.

I know that this was probably rushed a bit so can we get some QoL improvements here in the future? Either drag and drop or go back to the old system. The window is not showing any useful information as there is no loss included in this step. We get 1:1 conversion in every possible case so there is no additional decision to be made other than compress my ore/ice/moongoo. I can see the window showing useful information for gas compression (as that effectively includes a loss due to forced decompression) if it shows the loss after the decompression (range in this case as it depends on how you decompress it).

5 Likes

Edit: Ignore this. I’m apparently completely blind and missed the red lettered “not available”

I can inject all except “gas decompression efficiency” from the skill window. Should cover the new modules.

I like this update :smiley:

2 Likes

Although armour tanking isn’t outright bad (mid slots are great for damage application for instance) you’re really just proving my point: it’s already not on par and now they increase the differences even more. Amarr BS, not counting Sansha, are pretty much forced to be armour tanked and are already lacking in so many ways compared to other options.

I get why you wanted to nerf POCOs, but instead of lowering HP by 95%, why not lower the damage threshold to prevent repairs by 95% and leave the total HP the same? A fleet of Hectates could still kill the shields. Why let people warp directly to POCOs?

Why wasn’t there a thread to discusses these proposed changes three weeks before it hit tranquility? I heard the upcoming patches and wanted to comment on them, but I couldn’t find the thread. Or maybe there was one and it just burried (when I tried to look at the forum in general and I scrolled around) or maybe the keywords “armor plates” and “battleships” weren’t good choices (when I tried the search)?

Oh thanks “5% additive bonus to all Reinforced Bulkhead modules, for those with discerning tastes.” I’m not one who does these bulkheads much, but I’m glad hull modules weren’t forgotten for those who wanted it. And I’m glad the bonuses are to all battleships and not race specific so those who wanted to be weird and do an armor Raven don’t get left behind by the changes.

1 Like

To my knowledge it does, it’s a frequently used one in my home system. I’ll double check though. It was working fine for compressing regular (asteroid) ore and reprocessing it which is what makes me wonder if something has gone wrong somewhere

This must be fake patch notes.
I read the whole thing and there is not a single nerf bat, price increase or innovative way to make the game more tedious.
They even have a little UI update that doesn’t give the viever eye cancer upon looking at it - even though noone actually needs a dedicated window to cancel compression this is more than anyone would have thought possible just a few months ago.

Jokes aside, this is the first time patch day has been a good day in a loooong time - Thanks CCP!

Im cautiously optimistic the upcomming blue print change will have a meaningful impact on ship prices.

The DBS still needs to be buffed a little bit more and obviously sub 100% bountys must go into the main bank instead of reserve - really CCP, this is such a silly mistake you put it in the wrong one with the last patch i’m surprised you didn’t fix it this month already.

If this happens i would be happy enough to support CCP financially once again - a much better long term strategy than trying to increase PLEX sales by creating a p2w environment.

1 Like

Why do they have to be on par with each other? There is no need. It is a choice. You can either go with easier fitted shield tank ships that can still apply just fine, or you can iron out a great application/lower dps armor tanked ship. It is a choice. There is no reason for everything to be fairly balanced towards every aspect in this game ffs.

Shield is best for PVE.
Armor is best for PVP.

There is no need for this to be altered to where either one is just average at anything.

1 Like

i have to wonder if CCP really understands gameplay., Making battleships beefier wont take away from the fact that they are now a pain to build and still hard to maneuver. this change does nothing to make battlships more viable in the game. If thats is what they were hoping for they needed to resolve the insanity that is BS production

1 Like

CCP has said they will look into build cost for things. I believe they wanted to get these changes out first before they start looking at build cost for BS/Caps. Compression will change a few things making logistics much easier. Doesn’t mean build has gotten easier, just logistics. So I am sure soon enough that BPs will see some changes in the future

That is not what I said, I said the differences become larger with these changes.

Why? Because “that is how it is” or because “that is what makes sense from a game balance pov”, or perhaps it’s “that is what works well for Pixy”?

That depends on the type of pvp, lots of shield ships are great for PVP so that part of the statement is already not true so why should the first part be.

1 Like

Why does it matter if they get larger. It all boils down to a choice. Whether you want to have higher tank/dps or better tracking/tank. Plus with armor ships, usually drones are much more viable and useful, so an added dps boost (minus the Rattlesnake as that is just OP)

CCP likes choice. This helps reinforce that. You could always pick whether you want shield or armor. These changes don’t change that. They just add more raw hp if you pick the shield option.

Yes. Correct. However, most large scale fleets favor armor over shield because of ewar. Solo/small gangs use shields and occasionally you will see a cerb fleet or nightmare fleet used by larger groups.
Not saying shield isnt good for pvp, just that it has better application for use during pve while armor has better application during pvp.

How’s the situation with those BPO’S? Some of us really wanna get these new modules built so we can try em out and also sell em

In every post you keep saying things that aren’t true and when called on it you go “yes but no” and move goal posts stating more things that aren’t factual. No interest in dealing with that so not going to waste time on you.

The fact remains that with these changes armour ships get even MORE disparaged compared to shield ships, for most forms of PVE. Armour ships should do fine for PVE, they don’t have to perform “the same” but they need to be viable in a similar manner. They are not and this change makes it worse.

Have I seen it right, there are no changes to the BRM in this patch?

I am not really a fan of the new lighting and reflection “improvements”. I am currently sitting in an Amarr station and have my camera moved away from the ad screens to remove flashy distractions. The problem with the new reflections stuff is that the flat hangar surfaces now reflect what’s happening on the screens and light up and darken again depending on what’s happening on the screens. It’s quite distracting as I keep noticing something happening on my EVE screen, which attracts my attention away from the other screen where I write this post right now. I keep glancing over to the EVE screen only to realize that nothing’s happening after all.

REDNES

1 Like

Bring the rolling Orca back, Please!

1 Like

You’re welcome! :wink:

7 Likes

They are viable in a similar manner to use in PVE. This change doesn’t change the gap between shield or armor. It brings shield HP closer to that of armor HP per module. If anything it brings them closer.

The only difference between using shield vs armor was the fact that shield you had less room for cap/application mods. This update helps reduce that while not sacrifice tank. So now instead of needing 2 LSE you can use 1 LSE and get the roughly the same ehp.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!