Version 20.04 General Feedback

You must not be able to read.
These changes were already talked about in previous dev blogs. Plus they typically don’t give specific dates when things will be updated because then that means they would have to commit to a specific date on getting it released, and we all know CCP needs as much time as possible when doing updates.

1 Like

Yeah, that thing called “planning” gets in the way of being “agile” so insert “plausible deniability”.

Welcome to Continious Integration DevOps.

Scrum every Thursday (little Friday) and Friday at the company cafe/pub for team building.

1 Like

They already had the dev blog “Full Throttle To Fanfest” pre-written days ago. Releasing that blog yesterday or 2 day ago to prepare people for the incoming patch would not have changed anything in terms of release date commitment.
REDNES

Typically it’s better to to commit to a general time period, because you can never foresee what setbacks you will have. That being said it’s CCP, they try but fail a lot of the time to our dismay. I’ve not heard what bugs are happening yet, but prior patches say that the BPOs probably aren’t seeded among other things.

Eve is a “rolling release”, none of this LTS mumbo jumbo.

Correct, but they’ve never committed to actual days before because of potential set backs or last minute changes.

or forum whinefests.

• Reactionary :white_check_mark:

Thats not how it works lmao

You can update sisi every Monday if you wanted, it wont save you from having to update tq on Tuesday

Exactly, thats why they had already released blogs telling people about the upcoming changes a week in advance

That’s where you are mistaken. How much did you have to download today? I updated Sisi 2 days ago to test something and it downloaded well over a GB of data. Today, TQ downloaded nothing.

No, they have not. There is no blog that says that today or even this week they’d release the tested features. The blog you are talking about is from 22 March, which announced that they started publicly testing the features, and which was released 1 day after they started the testing. That’s a big difference.

If you have to be a smart guy, please at least inform yourself before you post.

REDNES

The script that calculated the accumulated sp gave my character just 25k points although i was almost at the end getting 150k in some days.

The same happened to my other character which also got 25k although it was more than half way of getting the 150k.

Also please fix the size of the neocom.

2 Likes

I checked after DT and nothing new there … then I had internet go out.
Now I check and on 2 accounts only 25K SPs as a “Gift from CCP” … One account was 2 days away from 150K and the other is usually about 2 days behind that … 25K is very different to 150K so unless they’re still working on it (usually the way) :man_shrugging:
Another account has gone Alpha and latest changes are making question if I cba to actually bother returning that to Omega status at all.

Everyone says “Adapt and get over it” but after putting up with stupid gameplay changes and being told to deal with it for 16 years kinda makes you feel like saying F-It to what is seems more like a toxic relationship.

1 Like

I actually was in similar spot, and was similarly panicked and annoyed, it should be a stack of 25k sp tubes

You not knowing what is going on is not the same as ‘no prior notification’

Somehow I and my audience knew it was today…

1 Like

Now, if only something could be done about logistics ships and smartbombs…

4 Likes

Makes it easier to read if all information relevant to a specific topic is grouped together … even if there were 2 smaller lines of other non SP related stuff in the middle !
I hadn’t scrolled down to what I would have imagined was text related to other things.

I mean I only have 11 years experience with editorial oversight on legal documents so what would I know :man_shrugging:

Was only one of each when I looked…while another account was showing none still. That’s changed so seems it’s still being updated ?

possibly, not sure how the script itself operates so it may still be cycling?

3 Likes

Im used to patches being released unannounced. Consoles do it all the time

1 Like

Gaming as a service.

At least they’re pushing IPv6.

When IPv6 endpoint CCP?