Version 20.04 General Feedback

ok snob. the new UI is crap and should remain optional for those that dislike it.

5 Likes

A while ago I posted a feedback about the removal of the NPC buy orders for ORE Research Data Fragments. Since there was no update regarding the issue at the recent patch notes, I assumed it might be a bug. It seems I forgot that it was announced that they would be removed by April 5th back in February. So if anyone else wondering the same thing; “ORE Research Data Fragments” buy orders (NPC ones) were removed for good and it is not a bug or something.

(tagging @Ian_Delacourt since he liked my prev. feedback and thought he might be wondering the same thing)

This is a feedback for the new UI and chat windows.

While I really like the new Photon UI, it still has flaws which are very anoying and should be fixed resp. changed.

1. Often you can’t drag a name from the local into the chat. Reason from my point of view is, the text entry box is not visible and the darg and drop function requires it to place it into the text entry box.
    Solution: Make the box, where you insert your chat text better visible

2. Scrollbars in chat boxes are only fully visible, when the mouse hovers over it. It is only a thin line, when inactive or the chat is not focused.
    Solution: Make the scrollbar visible, when the chat box is not at the end of the content

3. Chat boxes, which are scrolled up should be considered as not in focus chats. The same way as a real inactive chat box. When I have scrolled up and don’t scroll down again, I don’t see when new text was sent. It also seems, that inactive chat boxes (not in focus) are not blinking anymore. I checked my settings and blinking was not switched off.
    Solution: When a chat box is scrolled and not at the end, it should be treated as an inactive chat and start blinking as soon as new stuff was sent. Ideally, I can even colorize the blinking to better attract my attention.

Thank you for your consideration
Fly save

Why is The Agency showing a red X in the Exploration -> Cosmic Signatures when I have clearly identified the signature, as per the Probe Scanner, and I am in the same system as this signature?

Is this a bug? I was under the impression that the Agency will show the correct icon (and possibly name) for signatures that have already been at least partially scanned down, regardless of whether you’re in that system or not.

There was a sizable patch today (some 200+ MB were downloaded by the launcher) but there are no patch notes. What’s that about?

REDNES

2 Likes

there are some changes @ the scan window.
unfortunately, it is now common not to write anything in the patch notes.

can we get rid of the compression pop up window? thats a pain for any 1 multi-boxing hulks etc

1 Like

Smug combat sites?
I can already tell, a lot of effort went into this one - totally worth a 20$ subscription /s

Its part of the new architecture being implemented in project quasar to improve performance of tranquility. It isn’t going anywhere. you can also just leave it open and keep dragging ore in to compress

Can someone enlighten me about the point of the Boobook? The only goods where it could be somewhat useful were legalized years ago. Now there are only a few illegal tradegoods but they are too bulky for this shuttle. This gimmick is useless and at least 15 years late.

I heard that it takes a year for CCP devs to come up with a new ship (reliable sources told me that it takes that long to turn a Pacifier into a Frigate Monitor). I really hope CCP didn’t spend a year on this utterly pointless shuttle.

REDNES

It speaks to the re-invigoration of a lapsed play-style.
Anticipate.

if you dont like it and lack even a modicum of imagination for why anyone would want a ship that is nearly impossible to probe down and can’t be cargo scanned, the don’t buy one. If I were you I would seriously question the reliability of your source that claimed it takes a year to produce a shuttle.

So adding a new window and an additional step (ie clicks/drags) to do compression somehow helps the performance of tranquility?

That would mean they remove legalization of drugs again. Or the introduction of items that fit into a 10 mÂł cargo bay and are still worth trading.

@MalcomReynolds_Serenity I don’t see how that ship is useful for anything. Scouting? In a shuttle that costs 150M and dies to the first smartbomb that sneezes at it? Camping? While you are on dscan all the time and virtues exist. Travel? A Leopard is cheaper and faster. No cargo scanning? For what? There are no illegal things that need that anymore. And even when drugs existed, you can’t transport any meaningful amount in that ship. Have fun transporting 10 Mindfloods at a time to your home or to Jita or something, I guess.

I do trust their assessment of this development time because we still don’t have a reskin of the Pacifier into a Frigate Monitor with simply the Monitor stats copy-pasted, years after the Monitor was introduced. Not to mention that it has been years since the last redesign of existing ships that are in high popular demand for a redesign.

changing compression to offload compression off of tranquility and run it asynchronously does.

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with you, i’m not going to help you with it if you can’t figure it out.

Its price is irrelevant, its been in the game for two days. you may want to get with reality, a leopard costs much more than 150 million isk.

Good luck scanning down a ship with a 20 meter signature radius and a sensor strength of around 18 with max sensor compensation even with virtues it would be difficult.

It is your premise alone that a frigate monitor is actually under development, that doesn’t support your other idea it took a year to develop a shuttle with 3-4 attributes changed. It is also your premise that whatever ships you deem as under development for a redesign are actually under development.

CCP trying to kill themselvs off???

I have not seen anything from CCP in the past 3 years that was good for the game if it wasent them reversing one of their earlier bad choices.

Devs might want to consider what happens when you kill off the company that employs you.

Holy crap this new event is just one day old and already RIDICULOUSLY irritating. Just in my one constellation I had to scan 30 of these utterly useless data sites and they just keep spawning. Plus, it’s again Tier 3 data sites which means they are harder to scan and cost me additional scan cycles which costs me useless time just like the Keynot yesterday.

REDNES

How it runs in the background is irrelevant. There are many components of what we see and do that are being offloaded from tranquility. They don’t all need to be in separate, pointless windows.

I really doubt you are aware of what a lot of those are, but it is relevant. compression is asynchronous now. tranquility is synchronous. you cant use the same client for both.