Version 20.05 General Feedback

And then, because that 14.4M HP has 20% resists, it’s actually 18M EHP.

But no damage cap so should go by very fast

Now you just made industry even more difficult in highsec. With a reinforcement time of 4.5 days, how are we supposed to do any ME/TE research that goes beyond 4.5 days and still get the job completed. In the original post a couple of weeks back, you mentioned only medium structure with “more to come”, I guess you were hinting at larger structure also changing. This is now borne out by highlighted above.

Are large and extra large structures going to follow suit in the future? Surely this will only make using large corps/alliance structure to do the longer research essential.

NPC stations are a thing :slight_smile: or larger structures.

Thank you for educating me on NPC services.

There is no question that these Medium citadel changes significantly enhance the major alliances/coalition’s advantages over smaller groups.

Do we remember the original CCP touting of the ability for small to medium alliances being able to enhance their own abilities?

That is apparently no longer the goal. The goal appears to force those small entities to be ready to move everything they do in their own stations at a moments notice. Because you only get one shot at defending unless you have a standing fleet 24/7.

Now who would that benefit ? :thinking:

1 Like

@CCP_Paragon Any plan to fix pirate frigates who are 3-4 times the price of T2 frigates ? Like, removing their stupid Trigger Neurolink Conduit ? Why were these ships left untouched? Give the value back to the BPC for those who put the effort/risk to get them.

2 Likes

I mean that is the risk associated with player owned structures. Chance of losing the research. With NPC you don’t have to worry about that.

Risk means faster/cheaper (usually) services, NPC means safe. You’ve got options so pick what you wanna run with.

A question:
When are active jobs/research/copying locked into the station so they can’t be pulled? At the start of the second timer, or after armor is depleted and structure begins taking damage ?

Or “shudder” when the shields go down ?

I guess the same question would apply to clones. When does the clone bay shut down ?

Well if your new player experience push ever turns into a new corporation experience push , well done CCP , CSM , Null , CCP alts you already shot yourselves in the foot .

Or on the other hand if your aim is to grind down the aspiring competition your doing brilliantly as ever .

More powerful Large citadels at the same time flimsy throwaway smaller bases . Win win for you i suppose .

Active industry jobs are locked into a structure as soon as the shield timer is reinforced.
the Clone bay and all service modules are offlined when the armor is completely destroyed.

It looks like a good update especially for null or capital users.
On the other hand, it looks like a bad one for small (wormhole) corporations. My first thought after reading the Developer Comment in the Patch Notes: “After inviting players to discuss the upcoming changes for the Siege Green update, we’ve […]” ignored it.

But thanks in any case that we can make the Neocom smaller again after months :slight_smile:

1 Like

As it stands, research is not possible to do in NPC stations. It requires player structures to do Pixy

I find this… less than enthusing Kestrel. Previously, one could, if they knew they were screwed, at least pull their jobs from a medium structure, this… is not great. Hell, having done so before, this disincentivizes people from putting jobs in medium structures at all. Especially in lowsec, but also highsec. Of course there’s an argument to be made about killing jobs when you get wardecced, but I don’t see this creating any incentives other than for shooting.

1 Like

Also im curious as to why CCP dropped the patch after fanfest instead of before so everyone could enjoy the new content as part of the ’ Party ’ , why hold off till after the event when people could of been enjoying the new activities in the game , cap industry reiniatilisation and the potential structure wars that will come from these changes …

Perhaps they were all too busy having a drink and congratulating themselves and each other to be available to play …

You meant research or reaction ?

Since when? Could have sworn it was possible to do research/invention in NPC stations. Could be wrong tho, havent done research in a hot minute.

Especially on medium structures, where the whole thing blows up then.

I know it used to require a POS. Hadn’t seen anything about it being possible in NPC stations getting added, but then, I hadn’t looked.

Hm… never been able to do it in station when I’ve tried, but seems I’m mistaken.