Version 20.05 General Feedback

I personally am not mad. We will bash all the shields and ■■■■ off. The outcry could be enough to stop this from staying as implemented. It is broken and the smaller corps all go down for this.

5 Likes

yet another amazing display of how to make it hard NOT to be part of a mega alliance. in spite of years of claiming to want small groups to thrive there hasnt been a change in years that helped them

2 Likes

This is intended, we doubled the shield hitpoints of all the medium structures.

Yup. That’s exactly what’s going to happen. And a bunch of those customers will quit. Some folks even think that’s the plan, after CCP spent so much time at FF touting how 40% of all players only started in the last 4 years: Get rid of the older customers with expectations of a sandbox, and grow a new crop who’ll only know this crap.

Personally, I think CCP’s just trying to get the FCs that signed onto that self-serving reddit letter to stop bitching. Either way? Outcry’s not going to stop them. The folks who care aren’t the ones calling the shots, and the people in charge don’t care what we think.

14 Likes

Then vote with your wallet. :wink:

3 Likes

Already did.

1 Like

Patch notes for capital component changes do no match the bp’s ingame

This probably goes in known issues then, not here

I dont think Astra’s are supposed to have 14m+ shield HP now?

index

It’s intended

as I have said on other boards last 2 years of changes have me not doing anything in a game I enjoyed… I’m a older player and they have totally killed the game for me. I had been holding on for their great fanfest news but that was crap also… They do not listen to their player base.

1 Like

This is working as intended.

I must’ve misread something then. Thanks for the reply!

Patch notes still say only M structures had the shield damage cap removed, even tho it’s applied to all structures, btw

@CCP_Paragon your known issues link in your post goes to the .04 page not .05 just fyi!

Base value is 3.6m, ‘modified by: Structure: Astrahus’

So, that might be the effect of the core and service module, which do kick up the base number quite a bit.

When a Citadel is in ‘full power mode’ it has 4x the base hitpoints for shield and armor HP.

In this case, the 3.6 million shield HP is being multiplied by 4x for being online with a core, giving it a total of 14.4 million shield HP.

The Astrahus used to have 7.2 million shield HP when at full power before the patch.

5 Likes

ok, Arrendis has answered my question, I didn’t realise their was a base value which is modified etc

Today I learned…

Fixed, thank you :slight_smile: