Version 20.05 General Feedback

Depending on your view of industry, hasn’t CCP delivered that “excitement”. I know personally that this siege green post got my heart pumping (probably more panic than glee), as I scramble to find a new location for my set up.

Maybe CCP’s goal could be to try to reduce the over production of items that we see in the MER, to bring it more in line with destruction, just a thought.

Is it intended that the Astero didnt get mentioned/changed with other faction ships?

No more structures for smaller corps i suppose. Another hit for new players with ambition. Capitals will be cheaper but no easier to make, since they still need crap from all over the place to make, so nothing major there either.

1 Like

So since update i cant login to any of my characters cant get past character selection before screen goes black tried everything to fix and seems others are also having problems, great job eve!!

Пропало отображение объектов на дистанции 10 000 км в космосе. Об этом изменении в патче нету никаких упоминаний. Аналогичный вопрос отправил в тех поддержку. Ранее на расстоянии от станции 9802км видел все что происходит на ней (корабли игроков, саму станцию, пояс астеройдов если таковой есть) теперь же возможно только приблизить камеру к станции, посмотреть на нее вблизи и вы не увидите ничего кроме самой станции. Корабли игроков, происходящее на станции, пояс астероидов у станции более не отображаются.

Precisely

1 Like

There’s a new “Opportunities” thing taking up space on the UI - I don’t see this included in the notes. Are these opportunities supposed to have rewards? They suggest taking my character 28 jumps away to look at an asteroid formation or something.

These changes would make an autistic industrialist player cream their pants, but where are the ACTUAL gameplay changes, game balance, ship & weapon balance?
Don’t take me wrong I like an industrialist that does industry AND plays the game.

Thank you for restoring the option to reduce Neocom to 32px.

Also thank you for reducing the production costs of the faction ships, after a year of restraint I may finally finish assembling a few ships and not be financially colossally loss-making.

This patch is indeed a green light for all butchers to massacre all medium citadels they can find in the next 2-3 weeks with a smile on their lips. Highsec small and medium corps will just lose their bases and their dreams of achieving something by their own efforts. The fate of small corporations in WH space is not even worth mentioning.

But it must annoy someone at CCP that despite the introduction of abandoned status and the consequent lack of asset safety, that despite the mandatory installation of upwell core and the full acceptance of the abuse of the outdated wardeccers’ declaration of war mechanism, there are still players trying to have their own little citadel they call home. Well, that won’t be long now, it seems.

If only you had given something in return, for small corporations - revitalizing POS, restoring the use of their modules… eventually, these small groups of players would resign themselves to the fate of not having a whole station to themselves, but at least a basic mini base of operations to suit their needs.

This gesture of goodwill on your part was missing, CCP.

4 Likes

Someone at CCP (probably a suit which dont even know what the game is) probably saw that star citizen can sell ships for thousands of dollars and some… interesting people do buy them, found out its a space game, just like EvE (probably theonly thing he knows about Eve) and told the devs to do the same. So they kill all the industry to have the whole market for themselves.

2 Likes

Exellent!
Now reduce ship prices back to what they were in 2019.

Literally every time CCP walks back some stupid decission it’s the absolute highlight of the patch notes.
Why stifle that by going only half whe way?
Why are half of the added build costs still there?
Why are resist modules still missing half of what was taken away with surgical strike?

Not 40px to pretend making it larger in the first place wasn’t a bad idea alltogether.
Thank you, CCP UI team, for doing the right thing! I really do appreciate it.

They take a lot then give back half so people dont feel as bad, ages old manipulation technique.

4 Likes

no thx because it took cptn slow 12 weeks to do that.

Nah, that probably took all of 10 minutes. 2 minutes for the community team to notice and pass along the request, and 15 seconds to change the code. The other 7m 45s was waiting for the UI guy to get back from making coffee.

They just didn’t push it out until the next patch, in case they were making other ui changes, too.

The way I see it is that they’re disincentivising medium structures in general. Which will have the side effect of deinsentivising small corps from even existing outside of small gang PvP, small corp industry will die off with the changes to medium structures and HS moons. In my area of HS a corp needs to be able to call 30 people minimum to defend a structure or you simply can’t beat the local bashing meta. There’s zero point fitting the structure properly because the weapons can’t help, and no point rigging them because they’re guaranteed to pop.

Siege Green is a waste of the last 4 years of my time.

2 Likes

but now we are 3 patches later. *cough

Probably not as far as the UI team’s concerned.

The structure update should have been its own separate update and announcements vs included in “Siege Green”

“For all Medium Upwell Structures, the Hull Reinforcement phase has been removed.”

Paired with the shield damage cap removal, Medium structures are far easier to destroy. CCP has effectively incentivized medium structure destruction across New Eden eliminating the use of medium structures and created a one time surge in cash as alliances, corps and players are pushed to large structures. Those that do not upgrade, they and their occupants will have to pay asset safety fees to recover their items. Was all of this coincidental, incidental or an intentional design to encourage more cash spending?

The many caught unaware will pay some combination of

• Structure upgrade/replacement cost
  • Item replacement costs
  • Transaction fees
  • Build Fees
  • Asset safety fees

Those finding themselves in this situation may be looking at their losses, Omega and PLEX increases trying to determine if they should return to a game that literally designed, developed and implemented the situation they find themselves in.

Yes, there was an announcement, test on SiSi and finally implemented on TQ all wrapped up in announcements, banner adverts and launcher posts titled “Siege Green” I think it fair to say some may have not seen the relevance to structures in the title.

What was updated today? The launcher downloaded some 400MB of data but there is no new information in the patch notes.

REDNES

@CCP_Paragon An observation - I cannot remember when we last had this level of engagement in a thread from the CCP team. Please keep it up! These are your company’s fora after all, so it so pleasant to see some actual engagement here.