Version 20.06 - General Feedback

So the Soldier of Fortune path isn’t fully completeable unless you switch corp?

4 Likes

@CCP_Paragon So far so good for me. No bugs or weird things happening… yet.

So, the AIR Career Programme is just yet another version of Activity Tracker or Opportunities, but we get paid this time?

Truly groundbreaking.

goodfellas laugh

2 Likes

DX12 update. Beautiful. Thank you.

Fake dirt on camera? Please no. This could be the new red dot.

1 Like

What fake dirt? Can you show a picture?

REDNES

1 Like

The isk reward is laughable low in the New AIR Career Program. If this is geared towards new player, newer player need isk! 63,500 isk per task is a JOKE! There is no reason that tasks are not paying newbros 1M isk. So 4-5 tasks and they can replace a lost frigate or destroyer.

Also the SP is serious low. Newbros need more SP rewards. Nothing like telling newbros on comms, that months of training is required to do everything. I had a guy asking about training/flying titans. I laughed! Told him years of training and isk that he will never be able to grind in game.

I hope that you will be removing the Activity Tracker, or merging it with the AIR Career Program. It now seems entirely redundant.

More generally, I hope that the EVE Forever project includes a significant amount of removal of misleading old systems.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Small changes can sometimes have massive impacts. Fast and consistent rewards are incredibly important to keeping people hooked on a game. The way the goals are structured should simultaneously passively reward players who choose to do their own thing, while also giving quite a lot of guidance and experience in different areas of the game to those that choose to actively follow it.

2 Likes

Wow. We definitely look at things differently.

I’m hoping that the career program is better myself. However, I seriously doubt that the small and short-lived dopamine hits of extrinsic rewards are going to lead to long term player retention. Don’t get me wrong, immediate gratification in the form of extrinsic rewards is a useful tool when used properly. However, I’m thinking it’s probably better for long term player retention for the career program to teach players what they need to know in order to have success and fun in a challenging, UPvP sandbox.

2 Likes

Clients lagging out. Not playable. Update — OK, seems better now

1 Like

Absolutely. When will CCP learn that Eve Online is about making everything quick and easy?

A Titan for every newbro!!!

6 Likes

The new AIR career rewards looks like a decent way of giving new players something to do, but it’s an irritant to existing completionists. “Join a corporation”?? Really? Must make that retroactive.

5 Likes

Yeah that needs to be made retroactive.

2 Likes

It about making on boarding less painful. The rewards are very low for the amount of isk a newbro has to invest in skill books, ships, and fittings. The SP rewards for newbro should cover the magic 14 or be able to get them in a cruiser in a day or two at most.

Yes, newbros ask about capitals. CCP pushes the lie that everyone can fly everything. No one will tell newbros the truth. It takes years to train stuff and years to afford ships. CCP should be honest in their advertising about the time sink that is EVE.

A lot of the Icons and symbols are not loading.

Are they? Maybe I missed some commercials or in-game ads, but I never got that impression. Seems to me like that’s something people bring with them into the game.

Moreover, you can tell players the truth -and not just that it takes years to fly titans. The truth is that you don’t need to fly expensive ships to get kills or have fun, nor should they feel compelled to grind for imaginary crap they don’t actually need.

Also, you might be interested in this thread.

5 Likes

I don’t have any technical issues, but also nothing looks any different. Where are those graphical improvements hiding?

I even warped to an ore site since a picture of an asteroid was used in the dev blog. Don’t see those new textures, it’s the same blurry rock. Nebulae also look the same. I play on high details.

I am in a c5 wormhole system. Is j-space excluded from the improvements?

It is a beautiful summer day here in the Pacific Northwest and I drop in to get info on the next events, updates, etc. only to find rafts of snark.

Are y’all so small you have to unload on people like this? How about having respect for the community here? Maybe you want you live / operate in a place where people discharge their spleens when life becomes a tiny bit inconvenient. You drag us all into the gutter when you do so.

FYI. You don’t look smart. You are not helping. You are just selfishly harping away stroking your ego as you go. I’m surprised no one has demanded to speak with the supervisor.

So… help out or go home.

7 Likes

Am I going to get AIR rewards now for everything that I do? I just came back from some time in nature and had my market client running all the time. I had 5 rewards for something. ISK and a skill book “Broker Relations”, which I already have at V.

It maybe a nice idea that you want to give newbies freebies but could you at least not spam people with stuff that they already have?

REDNES

1 Like

AIR rewards for forum PvP activity when? :thinking:

:upside_down_face:

3 Likes