Version 20.06 - Known Issues

eve is freaking fps laggy for me since the patch. i dont use dx12. seems like eve needs much more resources now. specially if there is much stuff on grid. jita is unplayable outside for me.

Has anyone noticed that all warā€™s and war historyā€™s now seem to be completly bugged ?

2 Likes

as far as i know. everyone has that issue

Umā€¦ am I the only one not seeing any nebulae at all? I got some big dark clouds but other than that itā€™s just stars in the background.

1 Like

AIR UI appears to stop counting career points after you hit 750.
also, the tasks/goals are scattered around randomly, and not in clockwise order.
The overall career points also seem to stop counting at 2,250 and the rewards are also not in vertical order.

Iā€™m hoping this is all just visual errors.

A universe just after the Big Bang, without galaxies, just white dotsā€¦ Yes I confirm :smirk:

2 Likes

I single boxed using DX12 and didnā€™t have any issues, so decided to give multiboxing a try last night. It did not go well. Unfocused clients were hitting frame rates as low as 1 frame per second, and I could sometimes experience a brief freeze when I gave a new client focus. I also noticed that my GPU and GRAM usage was really high. Turning off DX12 in the launcher mostly fixed the issue. GPU utilization went to normal, and my inactive clients never went below 20fps (naturally, I tested with the same graphics settings, driver, number of clients, and in-game activity. Only difference was DirectX12).

On a side note, I donā€™t remember my clients dipping to 20fps when I first tested to see how many clients I could safely box on my GTX 1060. But perhaps Iā€™m mistaken, and the game is playable with DirectX 11. So, itā€™s good enough for me. DirectX12 performance, on the other hand would definitely need to be improved for me to make the switch.

I am running latest graphic drivers, everything is at stock, default graphics settings in the nVidia control panel, do not have GeForce Experience installed, have turned off crap like the windows game bar, and keep my system clean of malware and bloatware.

2 Likes

Donā€™t know why, but when doing the career agents for Amarr I am experiencing my crystals changing what they are. A load out of Multi, Radio, Standard kept changing the Radio every time I loaded up another type. Radio just gone from the cargo hold. When I got back to station I had to buy more. I thought it was me. Forgot the ammo or something. Went back out and it happened again. It continues. I have no idea why. I have been around long enough to know that when CCP updates things happen. This is a shiny new toon. I decided to just go Alpha a while, then succumbed to the Omega. Ah well. Two months will give it time to see if the new changes are any good. I just wished they could update without all the junk that happens. You have had HOW many years CCP to get it right? No problems with any other games or activites. Just Eve. Again. I am not so hot with computers. I have no answers as to why. What did they do that I have to go and work around? Can someone help me out here? Oh yeah. The Air into? Not playable now. It freezes. It stutters. It stops. Leaving stations the same thing. Then it straightens out. Jumping star gates? Same thing. Freezes and stutters. I did not have these problems before the updates. I came back excited and am now bummed.

I turned OFF direct Direct X 12. It caused my fairly new and updated computer to run the game like garbage. I am not so computer savvy and spent the day wondering what happened. Then I came here and read some of the forum post. Good job of forcing that thing on when so many like me were at a loss. Good job man. Not everyone is as good as someone who does it for a living. Nice.

There is a new bug, this time, ccp manage to broke the approch system in a particulary way.
Basicaly, if you approch anything, especialy with MWD/AB on, and keep an eye on your ship speed, you should see your speed not going at max speed but, rather, at half of it.
Not only that, the more you are close, the worse the bug become to the point of refusing to move; i was forced to double on a gate to avoid a camp because the approch button broke my clock timer but refuse to my ship.

Very cool ccp

1 Like

3 Likes

Man, who ever desing that i need to wait one minute because i click too fast, deserve to be fired

1 Like

Yeah, that looks about right.

Who can tell me why Eve does not use the memory of the graphics card first??
Itā€™s absurd, in game I have 11GB of free memory out of 12 (RTX3060) !!
In addition, the game has never crashed so much when you switch to the Windows desktop, half the time you ā€œloseā€ the game window, you have to reconnect. Before the last update it was 1/30 times and Iā€™m exaggerating.
We clearly lost stability.
Todayā€™s update didnā€™t fix that.

You are not the only one. I have the same problem. I tried everything and nothing works. The space looks dark, no nebulas, very few dark clouds, you canā€™t recognize what part of New Eden you are in by the colour. Everything is very dark, almost black.

3 Likes

Hi there
Iā€™d love to get to the bottom of this. We released a number of fixes over the last few days which should have cleared most of this up.

Could I ask that you turn on ā€œdownload everythingā€ in the launcher to ensure the game has all the files? If this is already the case, or you do so and the issue persists, then would you be willing to file a bug report here: Bug Reporting - EVE Community

In particular, Iā€™d like to get a Loglite log, DXDiag and screenshots / video of what you see.

If you are able to do this, please tag myself and @CCP_Habakuk in the ticket

Thank you!

1 Like

There is still a bug with the approch button where the ship either dosnā€™t move or not going at full max speed but just half of it and then, slowing reducing the speed of the ship

1 Like

Corp hangars are missing??
hangar

is fixed! Yay! Can click the color buttons again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I had to turn off DX12 as trying to use 2 clients when someone let off fireworks totally locked up my whole PC ! Not even Windows (10) Task manager would come up so had to reset PC :person_facepalming:

1 Like