Version 20.10 - General Feedback

@CCP_Paragon

Let us turn the docking banner off Its 110% useless
There dont need to be ANY sound for docking Just remove it !!!
The skin tab is still horribly bad… Old one back plz

3 Likes
  • The Logistics Frigate gift in the second Explorer mission has been swapped with the Exploration frigate reward in the fifth Explorer mission.

So I guess Herons are going to really cheap now.

So it’s a little difficult to explain and it’s probably a personal taste thing anyway but I’ll try.

They float away from the hull (and have scan lines so they’re clearly supposed to be projections) which I guess explains why they aren’t affected by shadows. They project at different distances from the hull (on the same ship, there Fenrir for example also has a tramp stamp on the arse end of its spine) and they don’t shed any light themselves (unlike other light sources on ships). When they’re in motion (spin the ship) they just don’t look like they’re supposed to be there.

They look like someone added them after the fact in MS paint like a bad meme. No, actually they look like a bad snapchat filter that draws birds circling your head or something. They’re really distracting, not in places that make any sense (The Fenrir’s really should be on the flanks, not it’s nose), and they look distractingly out of place because they’re always at a constant brightness.

6 Likes

This seems to be a trend. Check the corp wallet action buttons…

3 Likes

Look at my Eris. It had 12 killmarks and now its impossible to see even one…zero indeed.

I’ve been looking other ships and their killmarks are more tiny than before. Not the case in the Eris. I’ve been testing diferents skins…no way.

Is it just me or has the flickering textures issue gotten a lot worse recently?

1 Like

What’s up with the waste of vertical space these days in EVE?

Why not compress that list on the left so that we don’t have to endlessly scroll to see the different skins?

I know the introduction of mobile phones has made scrolling much more part of our online experience due to the limited screen size and inaccurate fingers.

But could the UI developers, who seem to have a background in mobile UI, please take into consideration that this is a desktop game where we use mouses to click, and that it is easier to see the whole list at once so we can click on any skin without scrolling?

9 Likes

Dark scary thought: Maybe this is in preparation for later changing that? :thinking: :eyes:

1 Like

This was actually worse two days ago. That list has had wasted space removed.

Yes I noticed the odd placing too on my Tayra a little button right on the nose and on the back side on top of the engine. I was really hoping you would be displayed right across the side. That’s what makes the most senseto me anyways.

1 Like

Please add “Disable button blink” on the probe window thing.
Especially when jumping around you just see it constantly blinking.
(I like the “new sig is highlighted” though).

Also since that big update came out everything is slower.
The docking animation is completely useless when you actually want to play and making docking/reshipping/undocking slower or more sluggish for whatever reason will be disliked by people who just wanna blow stuff up.
Amount of freezes/crashes/blackscreen I got recently increased noticeably.
Logging on and getting into ships takes much longer.

1 Like
  • Toggling Dynamic Camera Movement in the Display and Graphics tab of the game settings (ESC key) now makes the docking process in Upwell Structures more simplified.

Thank you.

You are able to clean your ship btw.

• Toggling Dynamic Camera Movement in the Display and Graphics tab of the game settings (ESC key) now makes the docking process in Upwell Structures more simplified.

Finally

Now please also apply this when you are swapping ships. That animation got really old really fast.

But i think that concerns only to emblems. But i didnt clean it. Just cant find my old killmarks…sigh

1 Like

Very much so. It’s only when light falls on things in certain ways though - I’ve seen it a lot in FW plexes, I can stop it by rotating the camera to certain positions, but in most, light from the star reflecting off the plex structures is flashing like crazy…

1 Like

This game is far too complex to work as a mobile game.

That’s what Eve Echoes is for.

2 Likes

I don’t think they did actually remove wasted space - I’d wager the number of pixels in each button it the same. They made the icon larger, but there’s no change to the size of the circle the icon sits in that I can tell, or the space around it.

What’s worse is that the font appears to be smaller/less clear/harder to read, all whilst making the buttons take more space. It’s nuts…

You and I know this but not entirely sure current CCP and their Pearl Abyssal overlords know this as well. :thinking:

:psyccp:

2 Likes

Agreed. The lag is so bad that I die in PVE while the game freezes, This is unacceptable service. I do not expect to have to spend several thousand on a new rig because a developer chooses to make the game unplayable.

Fix it or expect a lot of refund demands

1 Like