Version 20.11 - General Feedback

the base yield when reprocessing the new ores like moonshine ytirium in a tatara is incorrect: its only 50% instead of 63% like everything else. Jet ochre looks fine, but not others.

EBR-242259

2 Likes

they did actually sneak a buff in:

Additionally, these new asteroid belts may also appear in high security 0.5 systems bordering low security systems

go forth and mine some of the new rocks

• Being able to turn depth of field off is fantastic. I find the Upwell structure interiors to be significantly more appealing without out it. Still feeling it out but it looks like turning it off fixes a lot of the performance problems I was having too.

• The ā€œsimplified animationā€ in Upwell structures with dynamic camera turned off is still more camera and ship movement than I want. I was pleasantly surprised that anything was done about that request, but can we please go the rest of the way on that and let us disable it completely? Like simply having the screen fade to black and back when switching ships or undocking is what Iā€™m after here. Thereā€™s no good way to salvage the ā€œimmersionā€ of me, a capsuleer, switching form one ship to another in a reasonable time frame and without seeing my pod move. At least with ā€œfade to black and backā€ I can rationalize it with ā€œmy capsule has been disconnected from the ships external cameras and is being moved to the next shipā€. We have docking good enough, now letā€™s work on changing ships and undocking.

• Setting Photon [Window Margin Size] to compact appears to have no effect on windows already set to [Compact Mode]. In the sense that I can now set all of my windows to compact by default, I love it, but we need to go even more compact. Between this and keeping close and minimize buttons on compact windows weā€™re taking solid steps in the right direction, but we still have a little further to go. For my person general use, itā€™s in a good spot on my main screen, but for my secondary screen (where my alts dwell) Iā€™d like to get just a little bit more conservation of screen space.

• The Photon system sec status colorsā€¦ well, it makes most of them easier to tell apart (except for 0.9 and 1.0, those two are still a bit too close), and I guess purple for 0.0 and below works, but Iā€™m left a little concerned if ā€œadding another color to the bottomā€ was really easier than just adjusting the saturation of the existing colorsā€¦ and I canā€™t even imagine what kind of mess this is for colorblind folks. [Updated] For me though, this is one area in particular where Photon fails to even come close to the usability of the legacy UI.

• [Updated] Speaking of desaturated colors: Whatā€™s up with the HUD? If Iā€™m taking damage, that red should be RED. Crank that saturation back up please, or give me the option to do it myself.

• In the Photon UI [Probe Scan Window] can we please swap the sizes and possibly the positions of the ā€œprobe configuration controlā€ icons and the scan stats/recall active probes icons? Basically Iā€™d like the [Recall Active Probes] button to be significantly larger and preferably in a corner so itā€™s easy to get to quickly. Alternatively, can we get the option to set a [Recall Active Probes] shortuct? That would make the size and position of the button largely irrelevant.

• Options! I like options. Iā€™m counting the [Window Margin Size] drop-down and the [Depth of Field] toggle as wins for everybody. I really like features being iterated upon like letting us tone down the docking/undocking/ship-switching animations that were added to upwell structures or keeping the minimize and close buttons on windows in compact mode. Iā€™m not terribly fond of having to continuously and repeatedly opt-out of new stuff like AMD FSR, Ambient Occlusion (Iā€™ve had to shut that one off at least 3 times for each of my characters now), Reflections, and Photon UI. Iā€™m not saying donā€™t add the stuff, by all means do, and go ahead and enable it by default on new installs, just please let me choose to ā€œupgradeā€ to it rather than force me to choose to opt-out on existing profiles and such.

We have a way to go yet, but I think things are heading in a good direction with this update. Weā€™re still not to the point on Photon where I want to use it, but maybe next quarter weā€™ll have something thatā€™s good enough.

4 Likes

You will learn to like it sooner or later, and if not you will have no other option anyway so better get used to it... oh and buy stuff from the NES too, you know you want to.

ā€“ CCP :psyccp:

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I see no belts or anomalies with the new ores in TQ-RR8, 57-YRU and UFXF-C. DidnĀ“t look further.

All systems have small blue suns and should have the new ore inside. They are also nullsec (npc-nullsec, but anyway, no limitations announced).

1 Like

May is not will. Nothing is showing in Agency under Anom belts.

CCP may make the game better, this is not CCP will make the game better!

The moon mining nerf?

Because if you want to increase profitability you have to reduce incoming or increase consumed resources. They decided to nerf the incoming side.

Please allow the overview windows be resized at smaller width. Ideally I should be able to make one with only the list of icons as the sole column if I wanted to

Here on red the wasted space of my ideal ā€œWarpoutā€ window:

1 Like

This is the control your looking for

CCP please Stop, Modifying a setting a user made to a Default one, if they set it to something please respect it.

CCP, Dont swap buttons out on the noncom bar, because you like a different one more,
leave it, Add the one you want to it,

In other words, Stop making patches, Go, What did ccp modify today that isnt in the patch notes, that will slow down or interfere with me playing eve till i fix it, to back to the same setting it was before patch

For Example,
is far less usefull than the agency Icon it replaced, You didnt remove the agency icon, IT was swapped outā€¦ Why???

2nd: If i wanted blur (a few patches ago, I would have had it set to that, Being forced to modify it on every window and every client sucks to make it go back to stock

3: I opted Out of Photon, I will happly try it again, at some other point, So now i Have to go log in and out on every cleint i have, just to log in.

So adding to features is Nice, Keep the settings player set, and thinking about what the setting should be when you roll it out would be nice.

Say If something may be game breaking for some people but a nice opt inā€¦ How about starting with it off or not mandatory

1 Like

CCP:

Was it your intention to make the damage display around the capacitor a darker red and therefore less noticeable ?

If it was not your intention, please fix asapā€¦
If it was your intention, why the hell would you do that ?

5 Likes

lol :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Sorry, canā€™t resist it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::
Photon

7 Likes

As a 3D artist I can appreciate all the work your people have done in the new Hangars, must have taken months . . with that said.
I do also appreciate DOF, when used in moderation. what you have in this release is unrealistic and makes the ship look fake.
Too Much, Too Much,
back off the settings a bit, actually, DOF shouldnā€™t exist in this game at all, seeing how every objects that are viewed in this game are past a reasonable focal distance.
Image examples:
DOF would be applied after the wing tip and the blurr effect would be the ship outward.
I turned off the DOF anyway as it takes away from all the beautiful artwork done by your modelers and texture artists. keep up the good work
Thanks

1 Like

Pochven OF spawn rate drastically reduced, if itā€™s intended the entire ecosystem of alliances and groups fighting in there will disappear.

1 Like

I like the cinematic feel this depth of field brings to the game. I feel it needs a endless depth of field as a normal camera should have.

I love to turn off the interface to make screenshots, and i feel it could be a great addition to have as a separate control. Maybe as an alternate scroll to ā€œshiftā€ the depth of field.

Lol, less spawns, more fights? ;D

(but I donā€™t believe it, it was always 3 at every time, need to check myself).

Forcing to photon UI just annoying, disabled it for 30+ accounts few month ago (6 profiles) now have to do it again?
Thanks CCP

STOP ENABLING NEW/OLD FEAUTURES BY DEFAULT!!!

4 Likes

They literally just added more ore LOL.

HS mining is easy as pie my guy.

1 Like

The belt appears in the overview.