Version 21.01 - General Feedback

Your argument does not stand.

No matter what VPN you use you do not change the fact that your CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET is the same. Using a VPN does not make your internet “business” class.

The only reasons for using a VPN are a) ban evasion b) evading the Great Firewall of China c) avoiding local network restrictions such as at work or university or d) you still wear tin foil hats.

There is no reason to use a VPN apart from these, because a VPN is not a magic unicorn that puts in new cables to your home.

1 Like

Not really,The isp will use BGP to announce their interconnections with others. My home’s isp is a small Tire 3 isp, which means they’re small, and only have a few interconnections between them and other isp. However, the server provided by the VPN provider is located in giant server centers, have multiple isp connected to them, and even have Tire1 isp which have interconnection with almost everyone.

Take airport as example: my home is served on a small airport and only a small “regional” airlines serve the airport. Now I am trying to fly to UK. If I book tickets from the regional airline, I have to change multiple airlines until I arrive UK, and more airline I take, the more likely I will face a delay (jitter), and lost my luggage (package lose). However, I manually booked Delta’s ATL to UK’s non-stop flight (I do need to pay extra money (the price of VPN), but I only need to fly from my small regional airport to ATL, then fly directly to UK. So, why the small airline want me to take multiple flights not just send me to ATL and let me take Delta’s flight? Because they don’t do business with Delta! I won’t pay them extra if they send me the the Delta flight, so they would choose the cheapest choose (with their business partners) to fly me to UK.

I do run the traceroute to Iceland server centers (on TQ3 update, they announced their server is located at Iceland, but did not declose server center, so I only can traced based on location), My VPN do provide better performance than my local Tair3 isp.

“Decided not to be mean this week”. :slight_smile:

Second day now with a big patch for TQ and no patch notes. :thinking:

2 Likes

These are not vectors, but height marks.

Okay so let me explain this in a more simple way.

Your connection to the internet is a 1 inch pipe. No matter what you do, unless you replace that pipe you still get a 1 inch pipe.

Any VPN that claims to improve your pipe without changing that pipe is lying. All your internet traffic still passes along that 1 inch pipe, no matter if anyone who is not your ISP says they can give you a 3 inch pipe.

I also have this amazing business opportunity, I have recently inherited the deeds to London Bridge and I need to liquidate for another project. Would you be interested?

Week is over, okay to be mean?

Yes but you already poked fun at the dudes “network knowledge”.

1 Like

Amazing update ccp, so amazing that my game keep freeze screen evrytime i jump or docking/undocking
By the way, all freeze screen are well over a minute, even two if i get unlike.

here all the screenshoot before i reach high sec
Screenshot by Lightshot me undocking
Screenshot by Lightshot me taking the first gate
Screenshot by Lightshot second gate
Screenshot by Lightshot third gate
Screenshot by Lightshot i lost count after this one

And now i can’t no longer toggle off this photonic moronity ?!
Building a Maus would have been less stressfull then this abomination of a graphic update

Your connection to the internet is a 1 inch pipe. No matter what you do, unless you replace that pipe you still get a 1 inch pipe.
Any VPN that claims to improve your pipe without changing that pipe is lying. All your internet traffic still passes along that 1 inch pipe, no matter if anyone who is not your ISP says they can give you a 3 inch pipe.

Did you learn computer networking at plumbing trade school? Your understanding of the Internet with billions of connected devices seems oversimplified.

1 Like

Pitch to the level of the listener, not the person you wish you were talking to.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.