Version 21.02 - Known Issues

drones window has so much dead space

3 Likes

Backend syntax not hidden on the network monitor window

The overview information not being separated with lines, and the new font is more difficult to read quickly. Market order blue vs green is barely noticeable upon quick glance.

Right clicking in space and trying to select a celestial to warp/align to does not highlet correctly in menu, but the sub menus (AKA secondary drop down menus do). Notice how Asteroid Belts is not highlighted, nor does Planets, Stargates, Structures or Anomalies. Yet The unique identifier “MJ-5F9 - Asteroid Belt 1” does highlight and so does “Show Info” or “Show Solar System in Map Browser.”

3 Likes

The watch list is broken since the update. Switching between compact and normal mode does not change anything. The WL stays in normal mode.

#CCPQualityCoding

2 Likes

for saying this known issues thread how come there is zero input at the start of the post does that mean there are no known issues? which is clearly not the case

OK, now that you have forced everyone to use Photon UI, there are some improvements you can make to make it a little less terrible:

Reduce the horizontal spacing between lines in the overview. There is far too much scrolling as it is at the moment.

Reintroduce the vertical lines between columns in the overview. This would make it easier to distinguish the columns, at the moment it is just a big blob of text.

In the drone window, remove the drone icons and therefore reduce the horizontal spacing in compact mode. They are not needed and that would make the compact mode, actually compact. There is virtually no difference between the drone window modes at the moment.

The speed shown in the capacitor is really hard to read. Revert it back to the original colours.

Make the channel tabs blink permanently. at the moment, if you are looking away from the screen for a few seconds, you miss the blinks and have no idea anything has happened.

Give more options in the colour themes. Specifically a black background, as this gives the most contrast and causes far less eyestrain.

1 Like

Reset windows to default compact mode does not work.
( does nothing , after clicking this and changing default mode , no window on my screen change )
( only way to effect compact mode is to do every window individually )

This may be happening only on Alpha accounts . As my main actually seems fine .

The software running the electrical grids of 95% of countries was written in the 60’s and hasn’t been updated since 1975. This “software needs to be changed because change for the sake of change” is a load of bull with no basis in reality. Change NEEDS to have a purpose behind it, from updating to allow for better optimization or new functionality.

Citation needed. The new UI has less ability for change, less ability for customization, and requires more resources to run. Many key issues were raised when photon was first released as ‘opt in’, and CCP has demonstrated that they lack the awareness to take feedback or fix any systematic issues with it. The “old” UI based on the “legacy code” would have been better served being packaged and ran in an emulator than the current state of the replacement – and that is AFTER 5ish months of allegedly working to improve it with zero key underlying issues addressed.

It was easier – the old UI had customizations for colors, transparency, and UI scaling that worked properly. The new one is MORE RESOURCE INTENSIVE AND LAGGIER – key underlying issues that generally point to the code behind it being crap with excessive amounts of dependencies and layers of call functions that simply waste processing power in order to barely work.

I don’t care if they change it back or not. I want the UI to get fixed to the point where it is ON PAR with the one that it replaced. Photon was clearly shoveled out to meet schedule goals on CCP’s powerpoint to their new TENCEN overlords to show that they are accomplishing things on time without respect to reviewing whether it was ready or not, to the detriment of the playerbase.

So it takes 10 extra seconds for windows to load, and an additional 5 clicks on different menus to interface with the game. It’s… usable, sure, but IT WAS ADVERTISED AS AN IMPROVEMENT AND YET IT CLEARLY IS NOT.

You can get used to it, sure, but you can also get used to spending the hours and money from an Eve subscription into another game. Why do we want the playerbase pushed towards that second option? What good does shoveling out crap that is clearly not ready and then ignoring all feedback in the same way that has been done over the last 5ish months of photon’s “beta” phase?

4 Likes

I find myself at a complete loss as to how this even made it IN to an alpha test, let alone how it managed to get through any sort of testing process to get released. Sure, it’s hard to write software - this interacts with that, which affects this that AND the other. And you can make arguments about use of space, too much space, etc etc.
But…

“All blueprints” is the default choice - how can that this doesn’t fit NEVER have been seen by anyone? “Owned by corp” is one of the only 2 choices.

Division here is “Master Wallet” - not an excessively long name. “Buy and sell” (which you can’t read, since, well, it doesn’t fit, is the default choice (of 3) - all you can read is “buy”, which is actually another choice.
There are more.

Local channel wastes one line of possible useful information to stay alive by just repeating the number of people

3 Likes

This appears to have been fixed with the 2.15 update. Thanks!

When you create a contract the next button goes from the next tab in the first window to the position of the previous tab on the next window, causing you to have to move the mouse instead of 3 successive clicks in the same place as before the forced UI update

2 days without a patch to address some of these bugs. gg.

That is because, two days on, this thread at the top still has no “Known Issues” in CCP’s humble opinion!!!

1 Like

I know what u did there :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Screen Shot 02-16-23 at 04.07 PM

Screen Shot 02-16-23 at 04.08 PM

2 Likes

grafik

The size of loading spinners has been tweaked in a handful of places to prevent them from overlapping other content.

Yeah, a handful of places but you forgot the most important place. Makes me wonder why it wasn’t necessary to fix in the mission window…

#CCPQualityCoding

1 Like

I keep having to spin my spaceship to find patches of space dark enough as a background to see my controls.

Please fix this.

A “Nebula brightness” slider that goes all the way to pitch black please.

My glass of milk looks more like space than Lonetrek right now.

4 Likes

Screen Shot 02-17-23 at 03.29 AM

3 Likes

This is now the minimum width of the Trade window. Thank you CCP for fixing the layout issues but screw you hard for wasting even more space with yet another Photon window. This is exactly what I mean when I keep saying CCP fixes one Photon thing and introduces more bugs in the same step. This is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Some more stupid Photon stuff, now in the NES. Really nice empty column between the other content columns and the scroll bar. Such a useful and productive use of space.

3 Likes