Version 21.02 - Known Issues

Speaking of scroll bars, why did they make them really small? Basically need a magnifying glass to see them, let alone operate them.

When clicking somewhere on the old scroll bars, the view would go directly to that spot. On these new Photon scroll bars, all it does is make it scroll down a bit. I definitely don’t need to sit there holding down the scroll bar for 5 minutes just to get to a certain spot in order to view my assets…

11 Likes

Photon
grafik
Old UI
grafik

The list in the old UI was much better readable and comprehensible because row headers were not the same color, brightness and size as the actual info text.

#PhotonThings

8 Likes

I’m still waiting for them to add what they know about the issues as apparently there are no known issues

1 Like

This photon ui looks looks like a 10 years old bad chinesse smartphone. That bad design!

3 Likes

wait until you want to move a window… realizing after 10 minutes there is only a 1px horizontal area where you can actually grab the window …

4 Likes

grafik

More scroll bar padding issues causing unreasonable obstruction of information in bracket lists. You would think that CCP had fixed this for all scroll bars when they worked on the vertical scroll bars, but I guess comprehensiveness is not one of CCP’s fortes.

2 Likes

drone window compact mode doesn’t work at all

Non-Compact:

Compact:

As you can clearly see, compact mode does only affect the overview but not the drone window

4 Likes

Can you not provide feedback without attacking?

If they pay me for QA testing their crap, I stop the cynical remarks over obviously negligent development practices. As it stands, I don’t get paid for doing a task that actual professional are supposed to do. Therefore, I reserve the right to get my payment this way. :slight_smile:

Instead of feeling attacked by proxy, how about you test their features more and point out more faults so that I don’t have to post as much?

5 Likes

Just noticed in the watch list that drag-moving a char onto the window or around in the window does not have a visible row indicator line any more like the old UI had. This makes it much harder to see where a character goes in the list. This is especially true since moving a char around sometimes (oftentimes) does not move the char at all where you think it would. I moved a char in a WL to the bottom edge of the char below it but when I released the click, it stayed above the char below it. I guess removing this UI element counts as Photon getting “easier to use, more streamlined experience and causing less cognitive overload”.

3 Likes

where is the anchor to move the fleet window? i tried to move it but failed miserably

All i can say is CCP/PA should pay the old staff to come back and kick the current staff to the curb. Game has gone to SHITE

3 Likes

grafik

When you use the mouse keys to go back and forth between Show Info windows, the small arrows are being highlighted with a light box. This light box is cut off by the window header (clearly visible by the narrower top side compared to the larger bottom side of the field).

2 Likes

lol i really had to laugh out load as in the screenshot you posted i can clearly see what is selected…

…but ingame i couldn’t make it out myself. thats really bad! Almost created a very stupid market order.

Screen Shot 02-19-23 at 04.36 PM

This is the minimum size for this window that you can get . It is with compact mode enabled by default and with compact window margin size.
It will not let you shrink it more than this, no matter from what angle and direction you want to do so . There is unnecessary empty space between the writing and the buttons, buttons that I don’t know for what reason they have to be so big. Also the font size, in contrast, is too small for such big button and window size.
Just another of the many examples for when compact is not compact…

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s definitely another one of the many bad designs implemented in their photon UI…

1 Like

Keep up the good work, you’re doing a great job of reporting all the issues caused by their unprofessional programming.

Reminds me of @Zhalyd_Lyehin who also did a great job of posting that info. Seems his summary shows his last post was on July 7, 2022.

Wonder what happened to him…

1 Like

Who knows. Looks like he had strong opinions and that’s not exactly welcomed here. Anyway…

grafik

So, after checking more things since this post I found the above. It’s the time period of a char in a corp that you see next to the char portrait.
This makes me believe that Photon has a really unusal flaw in its conception. I don’t know any other UI that puts window frames as a layer over the rest of the window like one of these multi-layer light boxes without preventing text, UI elements, highlights, etc. from going under it?

CCP fixed this in hangars since item icons don’t clip under the window frames anymore. But why is this still the case in other windows like the above examples? Another case of negligent development for fixing one instance of the issue but not the underlying reason for it to prevent it from happening at all.

4 Likes

Why hasn’t the original topic been updated at all? Can a developer confirm nothing reported here is considered an “issue” by the team?

2 Likes

sounds like the “it’s a feature, not a bug” syndrome strikes again.