Version 22.01 - Equinox - General Feedback

With the new “Cards” feature in Ship Hanger, I thought I remembered it being discussed that the Fit Preview option would be available on all ships, so you knew which to board without having to board or simulate. Across my toons, it seems like it’s ONLY available on the current Active ship, thus defeating the purpose? I assume some kind of bug?

2 Likes

Well its been known for months null was next

2 Likes

@Uriel_the_Flame is this what you like to do? Play with cool stuff?

1 Like

Great stuff overall, the SKINR stuff is a great addition to the Abyss and once the prices dropped in them I gonna make some skins I think.

We still want Proving grounds back though

1 Like

Item sorting in ship hangar is broken. Cannot sort by Quantity anymore.

I trade so I wanna see my trade good on top. which sorting by quantity achieved had the nice side effect to do solve the problem and sort by quantity at the same time.

Now in all cases my trade goods are not on top. It makes me not wanna use the ship hangar anymore.

1 Like

Why are Upwell ships listed under Edencom? Aren’t those entirely different organizations? If not, where are my vorton projectors for the Upwell ships? :smile:

Edit: For more detail, the corporations that founded the Upwell Consortium (Founding of Upwell Consortium Announced by Leading Interstellar Corporations | EVE Universe) are not the same as the four empire fations that founded Edencom (EDENCOM | EVE Universe). Upwell already has a logo and everything, why not just add another section to the ship tree?

4 Likes

Asking for a friend.
Where are the Upwell Encryption Methods and Upwell Starship Engineering skills being seeded?

are old the 10/10 esc got deleted and renamed to the new ones? like the outgrowht for drone and Maze for guristas ect…

Read the notes

Only mentions starship engineering, no mention of encryption methods

IS it me or is the only place this icon appears in the section explaning what the icon is :smiley: https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/equinox-expansion-notes

2 Likes

Hi! the railgun and projectile icons in the ship tree are too similar at a glance. Please rotate one 90 degrees or something.

1 Like

Any sort of ability to preview the nanocoatings for SKINR before buying them on market?
This otherwise seems like an overlooked feature, considering how they actually look on the ship compared to the preview icon.

Edit: Have been reviewing this further, and it’s frustrating that the icon looks so different than how it’s applied to the ship, and with the items on Market, it’s hard to want to buy anything and activate, without knowing what it looks like.

From the “View More” in the Design Elements page of the Paragon Hub, this is what we need to implement for the items on market, a way to preview. Otherwise, I’m not spending the isk on it.

5 Likes

It is more than just wasted space. The additional spacing requires you to scroll more. Anyone who has played the game for more than a couple of days, never mind years, has lots of stuff in inventory. The increased spacing makes managing those inventories harder and more time consuming. Get rid of the extra spacing please, or at least provide an option for player to do so.

2 Likes

Why are the new Upwell ships in the ship tree under the EDENCOM ship category?

Surely this is a mistake?

Are they going to be renamed to EDENCOM haulers?

(I like that the Society of Conscious Thought and the CONCORD ships now have their own category, nice! When will Upwell be added?)

2 Likes

Why nerf the noobs’ income in WHs and let the huge established and rich corps have it the same if not better? Even if noobs had the means to risk more they are unable to bring anything into c5/6 through c4 and below.

1 Like

Ok so I’ve had a go with the SKINR system and have a couple of pointers for CCP :

1. Whilst its not undercooked for what it can do, it is for what content is available. Two patterns and two metallics is not a fun way to start designing SKINS. When it rolls around to the 20th, a lot of people are going to have similar patterns because they didn’t spend plex straight away to have a look at the new stuff, so are using the basic patterns and colours that are available to them.

2. It should have every option available for you to actually make a saveable SKIN - to create it, sure make sure that you have to purchase the stuff. That way, those of a creative mind can actually design the SKINS that they want and when they have the plex available to them do to so, can hit that magic “MAKE SKIN NOW” button, without having to waste plex in getting the right colours in the right place, or finding out that X shade of metallic does not look good with Blood of Pator colour.

7 Likes

Regarding your second point, that’s how simulated ship fits work and it’s great for planning for the future. Being able to view all skin colors and patterns would give you something to work for and I’m surprised they didn’t go that route.

3 Likes

I didn’t think I would but I’m actually liking the new station ship UI feels like much less click’s to get out in the right ship. Obviously will take a little getting used to thou.

The extra stuff on FW lp store is great pushes up the avg value of lp a little which is always nice as it had fallen pretty low with all the multiboxers recently.

Can’t wait to try out the new hauler’s, planet’s look good except the lava planet’s scale is a bit too big it feels like a close up of magma rather than a planet. Storm planet is rather soothing to watch.

Skinner:
It’s a bit strange, I’m in a heron currently I click the mask and it looks nothing like the mask.

I want to see what it looks like on another ship so preview an oracle where you usually see what the skins look like then I click View Sequenced Skin’s thinking I can see what the ship would look like with different masks applied to it, but when I click it I see my heron again.

It’s a bit un-intuitive, is there a way to preview the black and white mask on my ship so I could see clearly how the pattern by itself looks without the textures applied?

O I think it might just be the way the Heron’s Uv’s are layed out that it seems strange, I’ll try it on another ship.

1 Like

Mastery of carriers is missing the new carrier skills Capital Jump Portal Operation and Capital Micro Jump Drive Operation.