Very low 1-2fps in potato mode in huge fights

So, rare bugs are not unheard of, but considering that the problem isn’t widespread, my first thought would that there’s something going on client side.

The first thing I would suggest you guys check is to make sure that your graphics card isn’t overheating. If it’s overheating, it can cause your card to throttle, which can tank your framerate. The most common cause of overheating is when your thermal paste gets old, but fans can also fail. In fact, I also once had a problem where variable speed fan control just stopped working on one of my cards.

Anyway, download HWmonitor and take a look at what your GPU temps and clockspeeds are doing. I don’t know what card you have Red, but max temp for a GTX 1060 is 83 degrees celcius, and, as long as it isn’t overclocked, it will have a boost clock speed of 1.7Ghz. So, if your card is hitting max temp, and/or running at well below max clock speed while suffering from poor framerates, overheating would be a likely culprit.

Mouse polling rate can also sometimes cause problems. You can read more about it below.

If none of this fixes it, let me know, and I’ll see if I can’t help get you guys sorted. You might also want to file a support ticket in order to get in line (you can always close it if you solve the problem yourself). Also, please come back and tell us how you managed to get the problem sorted. Might help the next guy with the same problem.

1 Like