Vexor Navy Issue Needs Changeing

I was confused with that myself Ya it can only use four so if a VNI was changed to only be able to use four then it would be using same amount as Myrmidon a class above it’s ship tree.

Depends on the Dominix you use tho only the Brawler Dominix could get that increase and even that is a big IF as your looking at 700 DPS on a Vexor with 5 Heavy and 900 for a Rail fit Dominix or 1100 for a blaster fit Dominix but range is a limiting factor with blaster not really viable.

Sentry Drones have been made pretty much pointless in PVE now as there Damage output is woeful compared to Heavy Drones Hell a Gila with it’s two mediums do more damage now your looking at around 570 dps now for a Sentry fit Dominix.

The fact, that you can not fit your sentry drone Dominix right does not mean, that sentry drones are pointless in PvE. My Dominix does 643 DPS from over 150 km range of INSTANT damage (no reload, fly time etc), 750 DPS from 100 km (again, instant damage, not your paper Gila theoretical DPS). In close range with Garde II and 3 tachyons it deals over 900 DPS cold (33 km range). And with 3 tracking scripts garde II are able to hit non-elite NPC frigates, not very well, though. But if played right, you will have all those frigates killed at the beginning, when they burn 100 + km toward you with 0 transversal speed.

1 Like

I know all of that and there not as good just how it is there DPS is much lower not sure how you got 750 dps btw.

I’ve got fit with 4DDA even with faction your looking at 600 with 5 Wardens or Bouncers and that is even with a Sentry Drone Damage rig have two Omnidirectional Tracking Links you could add 2-3 Rails on top slot but even then using Spike ammo your still only looking at 700+ dps.

Why the hell would you use Garde their tracking is rubbish there range you can get 100km if you was to go full drone scoping rigs with 2 Optimal Range Scrips that would net you around 700+ dps And it also depends on what Space your in as in what Damage to Deal to the Rats at 33km range you better off with heavy drones.

I love the Dominix it was the first ship I used to run mission then to rat in nullsec but I am not a fool and I know what changes have been made to the game and what is now effective and what is now not so effective I beginning to think your clinging to a past Image of a Sentry Domi that yes used to be Awesome but changes have been made and that is not the case anymore.

Oh and ya VNI mate does over 700 DPS with just the Heavy drones is faster in warp site to site as well so do the maths on what ship wins in terms of ticks a sentry Domi or a VNI I flown both I know the answer that is the reality.

4km/s vni drones…

There != Their because there is not over here.

Case closed.

5 DDA (4 of which are factional), 3 tachyon beam lasers with faction radio ammo, 5 x curator II and yes, the sentry drone rig. 109 km optimal for drones and 106 for turrets, crystals allow you to adjust range in the fly without 5 seconds reload. With overpriced implant you get 748 dps from drones alone.

Garde tracking with 3 faction links is good enough to kill anything but few frigates. So you use them and multifrequency as long as your tank allows you, then micro jump drive 100 km away and shoot the rest with sentry drones of proper damage type.

It require to use brains to prioritse the tasrgets and set proper angle for jump, unlike afk VNI botting machine, but results are worth it. Main point is that your heavy drones need time to get to target and that time is killing your paper DPS.

??? I think you lost it bud your argument is flawed 5 DDA really you gone for 5 DDA and you don’t blow up and you gain 10 dps I am sorry but show me your fit as I believe your talking nonsense…

Feeling is no way to balance ships. Ships in EvE are balanced against PvP. You haven’t presented any argument that the VNI is too strong in PvP, which is the only measure that matters. If you want to nerf ratting, make the anom rats smarter, give a 5% chance that 15 dreads and a HIC spawn to wipe the field with any solo ship, or any other crazy idea. Don’t change PvP balance because ratting is easy.

There’s always going to be a “best at X”.

You will spend your life tearing down the top again and again until you are left with nothing but a flat but equal pile of rubble. Getting 5 Heavy Drones or 5 Sentry Drones of worth is no short amount of skilling time.

Compared to the Domi, while it may do more damage it is much more vulnerable in the size of its tank and ability to take sustained damage.

If you think you are too OP, then buy a skill extractor and bring your Drones skill to level 4 so that you can use your 4 drones… we won’t complain.

Unbalance in PVP really have you flown other faction ships then flown a VNI factional ship? I mean just fit them and then look I don’t need to explain the obvious if you look.

You lose efficiency at 5. 4 is the maximum for any damage modifier, beyond that you get negative results.

1 Like

I go with 3 faction. Vast majority of people here seem to not realize that Domi doesn’t have any turret bonuses on its hull even though it has turret slots. The turret slots on it are for newbs that can’t fit stuff yet. Once you go full utility in uppers and double prop (MJD + MWD) its a complete gamechanger. Add to that you can have both sentries and heavies on the same fit and switch accordingly cause it has large enough drone bay.

You actually end up with slightly less DPS, but the content you can handle is magnitudes higher and bounties per kill + overseer’s thingy + boss loot it adds up way beyond what you can do even in a small group of VNIs. You have to average it all out not per single hour by hour basis but rather what you end up doing over a few weeks or a month while spending same time that you would in a VNI.

Ishtar is in the middle, it can do same content as the Domi but is faction limited due to its natural armor resists and not enough slots to fit as much as you can on a Domi. I actually think that is perfectly balanced.

OK First Thing First a correct Domnix fit to match the DPS of a Correct VNI would have to be active shield tank fit

Medium power
1x X-Large Shield Booster II
1x Large Cap Battery II
1x Kinetic Deflection Field II
1x Thermal Dissipation Field II
1x Shield Boost Amplifier II
Low power
4x Drone Damage Amplifier II
1x Power Diagnostic System II
1x Capacitor Flux Coil II
1x Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Rig Slot
1x Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
2x Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Charges
1x Targeting Range Script
2x Optimal Range Script
2x Tracking Speed Script
Drones
5x Warden II
5x Wasp II

Looking something like this for a Domnix

High power
1x Auto Targeting System I
1x Small Tractor Beam II
1x Salvager II
Medium power
1x Large Shield Extender II
1x 100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
2x Drone Navigation Computer II
Low power
4x Drone Damage Amplifier II
2x Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Rig Slot
2x Medium Core Defense Field Purger I
1x Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Drones
5x Wasp II

This is a VNI fit theses are for doing Havens or hubs or rally points In Serpentis Space For the Dominix you would change the Active Hardeners for the VNI you just change the Drones type.

Ticks wise the VNI win because of a another factor Warp Time…

Medium power
2x Cap Recharger II
1x Large Cap Battery II
2x Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Low power
2x Large Armor Repairer II
1x Armor Thermal Hardener II
1x Armor Kinetic Hardener II
3x Drone Damage Amplifier II
Rig Slot
1x Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
2x Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Charges
1x Targeting Range Script
2x Tracking Speed Script
2x Optimal Range Script
Drones
5x Warden II
5x Wasp II

And here is a double Rep Armour tanked Version Does actually have better tracking than other two but 40 less DPS with Heavy Drones Note non faction and no MJD can drop a omi for a MJD if you was to go MWD as you say erm you cap would be woeful you would need more cap recharges because don’t forget a MWD effects your Cap even when it’s not on just fitting it.

Put theses basic fits into your fitting tools and see the results then do me a further favour go make faction fit for other Navy cruisers.

This is patently, categorically incorrect. Stacking penalized modules always improve the relevant stat. The amount of improvement is decreased by a factor of, well, this:

=0.5^(((n-1)/2.22292081)^2)

for the nth module. This gives some quirks (for instance, that the second module added gives the greatest absolute increase assuming equal strengths) but since it’s an exponential it will never go negative. Sure, the 6th item in a stack is only giving 3% of its intended bonus, but it’s still a (negligible) increase.

1 Like

That sound interesting ! I’ll try to come up with a fit like you said, but it looks like better than just orbiting a collidable at 30km with 100MN Afterburner on.

I add damage amplifier as long as I do get at least those 10 dps increase :wink: It is a PVE fit, that uses range as tank, so I can add as many low slots for damage modules as I want.
[Dominix, 100 km blood raiders sniper]

Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II
Shadow Serpentis Large Armor Repairer

Large Micro Jump Drive
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Optimal Range Script
Sentient Sensor Booster, Targeting Range Script

Tachyon Modulated Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Radio L
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Black Eagle Drone Link Augmentor

Large Drone Scope Chip I
Large Drone Control Range Augmentor II
Large Sentry Damage Augmentor I

Curator II x5

With one very expensive drone tuner that fit is able to apply over 800 DPS from 106 km (130 km is falloff). Without implants it is only 772 DPS but still INSTANT damage. Feel free to replace one faction DDA with tracking enhancer, it will help drones range and tracking for garde a bit. You will still get over 750 DPS with curators. Or 884 DPS with gardens and multifrequency crystal.

I used 1600 DPS Rattlesnake for anomalies, after I get skill for it, but it is whole different story.

To be fair I add the 250 milions ISK version of the fit. Almost the same range, damage etc… Justa bit worse:
[Dominix, actual fit PvE cheap]

Photonic Upgraded Co-Processor
Damage Control II
Shadow Serpentis Large Armor Repairer

Large Micro Jump Drive
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Drone Scope Chip I
Large Drone Control Range Augmentor I
Large Sentry Damage Augmentor I

Curator II x5

Still over 700 DPS with curators (yes three large guns help - they are able to clear paper-thin frigates burning at 0 transversal toward you, so your drones keep hammering more armored targets)

OK where to start Beam Laser Range you would have to use Radio or Microwave and that would be with max skills. and you will only just get over 700 dps your not cap stable even in the slightest and if the rats do any damage to you at range you would have to be jumping all over.

I classing this fit as a troll fit don’t go make this the Augmenter Damage control add a extra 6 DPS btw = pointless the scope add 4km more optimal might be needed for low skill to keep everything at full damage the range augmenter not needed you have over 130 km range even if you had 0 skill in drone range you would be at 107km.

And Damage I get even if you had all 5 Skill is 722 for the Cheap fit as for expensive OK you got 700 dps with curators in this fit that cost 1.47b oh I just added a 5th faction DDA because if you got 4 on why not just have a 5th Faction.

And the biggest joke about this if you faction DDA fit the VNI I posted you get 807 DPS with just the drones.

3rd you now using implants to boost your Damage the cost just gone even higher you kinda proven my point I don’t need to do anymore.

Vexor Navy Issue is a Overpowered Ship it can match the Domi in Nullsec Ratting with Ease cost way less in PVP it outmatches all other Navy Cruiser in terms of tank and dps is can deliver what it does not have is speed it’s slower than most others except Amar so I state again the Change that is needed is to drop it from 125 m.3 to 100 M.3 This would bring it in line with other Navy Cruisers but still make it a dam good ship for PVP and for PVE.

I must have missed where the VNI was a superb PVP ship.

1 Like

I said good and it is good also do you see the other Navy cruisers on that list no hmmm odd in fact would they be even lower than the VNI hmmm except for stabber I would say yes.

You don’t have a argument if used Right VNI are good PVP ships not for big roams but for small gangs.